Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    "It's ok to torture the tortured, they don't need their own desires for their own bodies, my desires need to be inflicted on them!"
    Well if you are treated and rehabilitated you won’t want to kill yourself. You won’t be tortured and you will have a life ahead of you to make whatever choices you like.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Well if you are treated and rehabilitated you won’t want to kill yourself. You won’t be tortured and you will have a life ahead of you to make whatever choices you like.
    It's not your body to make that choice for, torturer.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Torture is the act of deliberately inflicting physical or psychological pain in order to fulfill some desire of the torturer or compel some action from the victim."

You ^ are a torturer.
    Life isn’t torture wanting to kill yourself isn’t normal behavior. To want suffering to be end sure. But I’m telling you someone who wants to kill them selves isn’t fucking well already they are already tortured.

- - - Updated - - -

It's not your body to make that choice for, torturer.
    It is when the mind of the person is no longer valid and what they want to do is end their life. Mental illness can be treated.

It is irresponsible to allow you to kill yourself.

Life isn’t torture
    For you. You are not me, torturer.

the mind of the person is no longer valid
    If my mind wasn't valid I wouldn't be able to communicate my desires for my own body, torturer.

Can't speak for suicide. As for the others, when you engage in behaviors that causes the rest of us to have to pay higher health care costs, etc, then society sometimes has an interest in regulating those behaviors.

Regarding abortion, intelligent people understand it isn't only about the woman. There's an unborn human life at stake. Sometimes society tosses ethical behavior out the window and legalized abortion on demand, but other times people have a conscience and limit it.

10+ Year Old Account
    For you. You are not me, torturer.
    If you really feel that way then I can’t stop you. No matter what but if I can I will. If you want to be a coward take the easy way out and place that burden on someone else to make it easier then you’re proving my point.

Can’t commit a corpse. But maybe what you need to start learning is it doesn’t always matter what you want especially when it relates to what others have to do for you.

Your mind is diseased and twisted if you wanna to take your life or advocate others do it.

But I sure as shit won’t let you.

He’s talking about straight suicide. Mental illness can be treated and should be. Drug addicts won’t like if you take drugs away from them either.

Just because it’s something someone thinks they want doesn’t mean it’s something they should have.

Suicide by itself is selfish and thinking others are too much a bother to help is immature.
    Just how do you treat things like depression? The medicine has severe side-effects which make them intolerable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    Mental illness is not that simple. For many it will come back again and again after each "treatment", until you cant bear it anymore.

And we should help them, as much as we can. But restraining someone and taking away their freedom is not the answer.
    If anything that will just make them not talk to others when they get a relapse.

Yes that can be true but mental illness isn’t given nearly The the resources it should to try to help more people. I’m talking science and medicine not quackery.

When it’s dark and there is or seems no cure I get it. But people are worth saving. Life is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frogguh View Post
    Regarding abortion, intelligent people understand it isn't only about the woman
    Yes, it is. She is the only one pregnant. Which means she decides what her body must endure - pregnancy or abortion. You are quite free to help her or not if she asks, but if you want to decide for her which one her body must endure, then you are only attempting to enforce your desires on her body. To pregnant women, that feels very much like rape.
    Last edited by Total Crica; 2017-11-18 at 01:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow.....for someone who claims to be tolerant and a good person, you sure have your quirks....
    I’m not a good person I never said that. I stated the opposite. Yes I do have quirks but I’ve actually seen people slip into the darkness own minds. Alone people who smile and you never know hang themselves in a closet. Because they finally did give up after actually trying.

- - - Updated - - -

Really? Cause obesity is a huge problem in America, and I don't really see any regulations on sugar, or the number or fast food joint across the country...
    Some have tried but it’s failed though. Little difficult to get people to act on something they aren’t 100% convinced is going to kill them. It why suicide is one of the few actions that leads to being committed and forfeit of legal rights.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Just how do you treat things like depression? The medicine has severe side-effects which make them intolerable.
    Some do some don’t. You need to find a qualified physician to treat each individual after an evaluation. It can be a long road therapy and medication and you are right it can fail. It does fail support is also important.

- - - Updated - - -

I have to say, the least intelligent people i have ever debated are pro lifers in America.
    Having the right to decide over your body should be a right for both men and women.
    The least intelligent you shouldn’t throw stones from your glass castle.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-11-18 at 01:23 PM.

Deleted
    Suicide is illegal.
    Do you mean assisted suicide? Or suicide in general?
    Because while the latter can get you admitted to a hospital for a while if you fail, it's not really illegal per se in most places I know of. Which means that if you are good at playing make-believe, you'll probably be left alone again soon after.

Yes, I feel this way as well. I wasn't referring to actions that infringe on other's liberty, however. But I do feel that deciding what another's body must endure alone is infringing on another's liberty, which is why I don't want to decide that for anyone else but myself. Does this make me a sociopath, I wonder?
    I find that every person who asks the internet if they are a sociopath is somewhere between 13 and 20 and is edge-lordy as fuck. Regardless of circumstance.
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, you are the one to talk. Calling people with mental issues diseased, a burden and cowards :P
    I didn’t call them diseased. Being suicidel is part of greater psychosis. I said suicide is cowardly yes. If you are suggesting I directed this at anyone then you’re wrong because. I don’t know anyone’s clinical mental disorders here or claimed to.

The OP is general and I was asked about this and gave my answer

I didn’t call them diseased. Being suicidel is part of greater psychosis. I said suicide is cowardly yes. If you are suggesting I directed this at anyone then you’re wrong because. I don’t know anyone’s clinical mental disorders here or claimed to.
    Most people who are suicidal are not psychotic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Most people who are suicidal are not psychotic.
    Being suicidal is already not healthy. There are degrees of severity as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    Haha, yeah cancer is pretty rare. Never known anyone to have suffered or died from it, pretty rare phenomenon. You think Alzheimer's is pure torture? Being depressed is a viable excuse for self assisted suicide, or has everyone already forgotten http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a7023666.html
    Depression alone?

As a result of her abuse, she suffered from post-traumatic-stress disorder (PTSD), severe anorexia, chronic depression and hallucinations, MailOnline reports.

The doctors judged her to be "totally competent" and that there was "no major depression or other mood disorder which affected her thinking".

So yea, kindly put your bravado down and allow people to live and die in dignity, while not having to risk butchering themselves in a failed suicide attempt.

You also don't seem to have cared a lot about those who had to live through their last moments of cancer. You are extremely selfish.

Deleted
    Suicide is illegal. Recreational drugs (sans alcohol) are illegal. Not wearing a seat-belt in an automobile is illegal. Abortion is illegal in many places.

Why do societies want to decide what other people's bodies must endure or not? What is the mentality behind this? I think I might be a sociopath, I don't want to decide what anyone's body must endure or not.
    Who the hell says automobile