Poll: What are the best dating sites online that you have tried or places to meet singles?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

What as the last date you were on and how did it go? (Singles)

The last woman I dated was a Scientologist, my friend who is also a Scientologist got me to meet, She was almost a perfect match except for that very goal oriented and worked a nurse. She lived in San Diego though so that's a little far, still keep in touch and talk though.

Follow up:
    What are the best dating sites online that you have tried or places to meet singles?

I like E-Harmony, it is a bit expensive but always great matches, never tried any others, there are events in my town and clubs for that kind of stuff, if I were more serious I would try that, or through common interest or hobbies, like taking a class or something like that.

Also any specific interest in a partner that is a HUGE plus for you? For me it has to be independence and strength and not a people pleaser, but also decent to others.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-11-18 at 11:14 AM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Not single any more but I met this guy at a meetup for korean expats in Singapore, now in a relationship. We went to a restaurant and then went to the beach later in the evening to take a walk on previous date.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-11-18 at 01:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Not single any more but I met this guy at a meetup for korean expats in Singapore, now in a relationship. We went to a restaurant and then went to the beach later in the evening to take a walk on previous date.
    That’s awesome congratulations.

Deleted
    Went pretty well. She was a friend of a friend, saw me on Facebook, thought I was cute. Which I am. We talked for a bit, I invited her to my place for dinner. Made tapas. She must have really liked it, because that was almost 9 years ago and she's still hanging around

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    Went pretty well. She was a friend of a friend, saw me on Facebook, thought I was cute. Which I am. We talked for a bit, I invited her to my place for dinner. Made tapas. She must have really liked it, because that was almost 9 years ago and she's still hanging around
    Well Tapas FTW whatever the hell that is. I’ll google but cool!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thurin View Post
    About 7 years ago, we got drunk and it was ok.
    Glad you said it was OK. Cause I thought it was either really good or really bad. But ok is alright. Better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

10+ Year Old Account
    She tied me up so that's a win

15+ Year Old Account
    My last date went to shit. I have zero experience dating younger girls but I take dates seriously because you know, the girl might end up to be the one I'm going to spend the rest of my life with.
    I met this girl on a dating site and we chatted for a few weeks and got to know each other well before we decided to meet.
    She lives some 70km from me, so I bought flowers and a chocolate and I drove to pick her up and we went to a nice restaurant to eat. Since she was tired and lived 70km from me she decided to sleep over at my place.
    She's 21 so I guess she isn't used to guys pampering her like this. The night ended up with her telling me that she wants to have sex with me to determine if we're compatible because that's how it works for her.
    Oh boy did she hit a nerve. I spent the whole day on her and then she goes "I need sex". Sex is so damn easy with random people that I got annoyed and told her hell no.
    So in the end she accused me of trying to buy her
    Next time I'm buying my date a pizza.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiko Sora View Post
    She tied me up so that's a win
    As long as nobody pressed charges.

10+ Year Old Account
    Taken since '08. We still go on dates.
    Thanks for the ad-hominem; it supports your inability to support your argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    As long as nobody pressed charges.
    We had a shared fetish ^^ My whip came in useful

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    My last date went to shit. I have zero experience dating younger girls but I take dates seriously because you know, the girl might end up to be the one I'm going to spend the rest of my life with.
    I met this girl on a dating site and we chatted for a few weeks and got to know each other well before we decided to meet.
    She lives some 70km from me, so I bought flowers and a chocolate and I drove to pick her up and we went to a nice restaurant to eat. Since she was tired and lived 70km from me she decided to sleep over at my place.
    She's 21 so I guess she isn't used to guys pampering her like this. The night ended up with her telling me that she wants to have sex with me to determine if we're compatible because that's how it works for her.
    Oh boy did she hit a nerve. I spent the whole day on her and then she goes "I need sex". Sex is so damn easy with random people that I got annoyed and told her hell no.
    Damn yeah sounds like a bit of a dream come true but yeah. She seemed to some issues like we all do. But yeah at least you took substance over short term. Especially going for something long term.

- - - Updated - - -

We had a shared fetish ^^ My whip came in useful
    You practiced safe sex with insurance paid up and NDAs right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Advocate Cheeks View Post
    Taken since '08. We still go on dates.
    So the term “Taken” is just a loose suggestion?

Lol if so it’s your world.

10+ Year Old Account
    You practiced safe sex with insurance paid up and NDAs right?
    It was only a few ropes and a whip

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    but....wait.....whaaaa......?

doesn't it usually go the opposite way!? Where a woman accuses a man of "just using her for sex" but this girl is angry at you, not only for spending money on her (which is practically unheard of to me), but also for not expecting sex in exchange for your "patronage!?"

10+ Year Old Account
    It was only a few ropes and a whip
    A few?! No judgments but that’s not exactly a Netflix and Chill as the kids would say. That seems like a delicate operation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ccombustable View Post
    but....wait.....whaaaa......?

doesn't it usually go the opposite way!? Where a woman accuses a man of "just using her for sex" but this girl is angry at you, not only for spending money on her (which is practically unheard of to me), but also for not expecting sex in exchange for your "patronage!?"
    Well it’s possible!

However if she was just using me for sex I might be ok with that. But now I want something long term and even if I was lucky like Strawberry here. She seemed to be out for fun which is great. However at some point it’s nice to build something with someone else. That’s not really supposed to be a wild ride first.

10+ Year Old Account
    A few?! No judgments but that’s not exactly a Netflix and Chill as the kids would say. That seems like a delicate operation.
    She seemed to be enjoying it judging by the noises

10+ Year Old Account
    Is there a reason this is only for singles? Contrary to popular belief those of us married individuals still go on dates with our spouses.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

10+ Year Old Account
    She seemed to be enjoying it judging by the noises
    Well bless both of you. Nothing wrong with you having fun.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Is there a reason this is only for singles? Contrary to popular belief those of us married individuals still go on dates with our spouses.

Rules are made to be challenged. Not by all means keeping the fire lit seems as important as getting a fire started.

Met my current girlfriend on Match. We both were a little embarrassed about how we met at first but now we joke about it. We both realized that it's way better to meet someone on Match than in a bar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well bless both of you. Nothing wrong with you having fun.
    She was a biter ^^ Drew blood

10+ Year Old Account
    She was a biter ^^ Drew blood
    Damn you better have some good medical. Wait nevermind you’re in Japan NHS lucky!