Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    All of the Allied races are reskined of Old models.

Night elf- Zandalari/nightborne

Be-Void elfs

Tauren- Highmountain

Draenei- Lightforge

Dward- Dark iron.

It might have one or two changes, like the Zandalari Spin when they die, but other then that.Its the same thing.
    No. It won't.

The devs have a new Unified Humanoid Model. Forsaken, Orcs, Trolls, Humans, EVERYONE uses it so that they can have the same attack animation for Mongoose Bite across all races and have a -vastly- easier time adding new races since the skeleton is pre-rigged. It's -why- we're getting 6 new races.

The Nightborne and the Zandalari currently use the old Night Elf skeleton because it was easy to use for the rigging, but they'll need to be migrated to the Unified Humanoid Model so they can have Charge use the new shoulder-rush animation rather than having to remake that animation for each of the new races.

It's likely they'll share some walk/run/jump/die/autoattack animations with trolls or nelves or something, and have some new versions of other ones, but they're not going to be using the Old Nelf Skeleton in BfA.

Velf/Belf is totes likely though because they ARE Belves. They're already rigged on the new humanoid unified skeleton so they don't need to make a separate set of animations for the same "Warlock Casting Stance" or whatever. Though we do also see them floating in the brief previews we -have- of them, so they might have new run/jump/die/autoattack and such... we'll have to wait and see.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    No. It won't.

The Nightborne and the Zandalari currently use the old Night Elf skeleton because it was easy to use for the rigging, but they'll need to be migrated to the Unified Humanoid Model so they can have Charge use the new shoulder-rush animation rather than having to remake that animation for each of the new races.
    It's likely they'll share some walk/run/jump/die/autoattack animations with trolls or nelves or something, and have some new versions of other ones, but they're not going to be using the Old Nelf Skeleton in BfA.

Velf/Belf is totes likely though because they ARE Belves. They're already rigged on the new humanoid unified skeleton so they don't need to make a separate set of animations for the same "Warlock Casting Stance" or whatever. Though we do also see them floating in the brief previews we -have- of them, so they might have new run/jump/die/autoattack and such... we'll have to wait and see.
    When i meant Old models, i meant that they might look different from the current Night elf but when they use the animation, Stand, they will stand like a Night elf, move their heads like a Night elf.When they sit, they will sit like a night elf, basic attack animations and so on.

Like you said, they can add one or two things to make them feel different, but the bare bones are the same.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    When i meant Old models, i meant that they might look different from the current Night elf but when they use the animation, Stand, they will stand like a Night elf, move their heads like a Night elf.When they sit, they will sit like a night elf, basic attack animations and so on.

Like you said, they can add one or two things to make them feel different, but the bare bones are the same.
    We don't -know- that, though. They might use the troll run/walk/stand with the body straightened out. A wide-stance posture unlike anything we've seen, to date, with a hunched over run with their upper body forward like troll males do. Or they could have Nelfstand Trollrun Newdie. Or a whole new set of baseline animations.

It's -likely- they'll have some shared animations, but even the bare bones (outside of the attack animations that are now set by class rather than race) could be completely new. We cannot state, unequivocally that it will be one way or the other. Only that it's likely or unlikely.

They already said the zandalari trolls will use a modified current troll skeleton

We don't -know- that, though. They might use the troll run/walk/stand with the body straightened out. A wide-stance posture unlike anything we've seen, to date, with a hunched over run with their upper body forward like troll males do. Or they could have Nelfstand Trollrun Newdie. Or a whole new set of baseline animations.

It's -likely- they'll have some shared animations, but even the bare bones (outside of the attack animations that are now set by class rather than race) could be completely new. We cannot state, unequivocally that it will be one way or the other. Only that it's likely or unlikely.
    True, that could change.

Only saying what we have right now.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PepperjackJig View Post
    They already said the zandalari trolls will use a modified current troll skeleton
    .... that's freaking cool.

Just hope the girls get something different 'cause it's so WEIRD that the lady trolls are all rigidly upright and the guys get to do the squats and wide stances and stuff.

... I wonder if female orcs will get a "bend forward" toggle like the guys do?

I find these things quite hilarious. People complain about say the obvious ones...

But completely miss the Vile Fiends use the Hozen rig including for the mounts like from Blistermaw and such. I bet TONS of people didn't notice this one.
    Completely missed the Mogu are using Draenei rig for both male and 2 females.
    Harpies and Arakkoa use the same animation rig.
    Fal'dorei use Nerubian animation rig.
    Withered use Wretched and Ghoul rig.
    Even the Botanist boss in Nighthold use Night Elf animation rig.

So many recycled in Legion, but because the model outshines it, it's really overlooked.

It's going to happen with the allied races, mostly because they are basically in some cases, like for like. Especially like Dwarves with Dark Iron Dwarves as a good example.

I don't mind it, sometimes it can be annoying like Vulpera and Goblin but it's how it goes.
    Last edited by Evangeliste; 2017-11-18 at 04:56 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    There is no Hozen Rig.

There is only the Gronn Rig. Which the Hozen use with some new animation!

The Witches/Crones will also use the Aarakoa rig, but the walking one.

But none of those are Player character rigs so no one gives a damn. They only really care about the Player ones because those are the ones they have to look at as they adventure in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    TBH, Horde get the short end of the stick. We get a reskin of Tauren, and don't say they aren't a reskin since they are. But we do get the zandalari trolls which is damn awesome as well as seeing a chiropractor for our Male Orcs back. I just hope Orcs / Space Goats get Demon Hunters as well, since I'm fucking sick of Elf's.
    Alliance got a reskin of Draenei, Dwarves, and Blood Elves

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    No, and that's the reason why there's 6 of them and not 2, but in that case they'd just be proper races
    Sure about that? I am pretty sure they said (during BfA announcement or later during a panel) every allied race is getting unique animations.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kubajee View Post
    Is there anything known about the animations? Right now the male zandalari trolls aber basically male nightelves, just as the male nightborne. Does this mean horde gets to have 2 reskins of male nightelves? Doesn't really sound too exciting.
    Wrong. Zandalari have many unique animations. Did you even run Throne of Thunder?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Zandalari share animations with Darkspear trolls.

They just lack the hunch, like upright orcs will.
    Didnt they have a different death animation?
    I will not reply to posts that are non-constructive or contain flaming and/or trolling.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Sure about that? I am pretty sure they said (during BfA announcement or later during a panel) every allied race is getting unique animations.
    At the panel they said they'd be getting new Voice Emotes, but whether they were getting new animations was left up in the air in a super frustrating nonanswer. The kind of frustrating nonanswer that has plagued so many Q&As for this expansion, already...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Didnt they have a different death animation?
    They had many unique animations. Uninformed posters are uninformed.

(I mean the people you're replying to, not you).
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

At the panel they said they'd be getting new Voice Emotes, but whether they were getting new animations was left up in the air in a super frustrating nonanswer. The kind of frustrating nonanswer that has plagued so many Q&As for this expansion, already...
    I mean if they did not say anything about it why do I remember that they said it. That's my point. I thought they're getting the usual animations but then Blizzcon (or a later interview) happened and I was like: "amazing that they're getting unique animations". I don't make that up lol, either I heard or read it somewhere or I'm getting a little bit senile.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-11-18 at 08:04 PM.

I mean if they did not say anything about it why do I remember that they said it. That's my point. I thought they're getting the usual animations but then Blizzcon (or a later interview) happened and I was like: "amazing that they're getting unique animations". I don't make that up lol, either I heard or read it somewhere or I'm getting a little bit senile.
    I remember it being stated as well. I believe I read it on one of the lists of compiled info from dev interviews posted here on MMO-Champ. They stated they were all being given unique animations and voice overs and that the races we saw in the preview screen shots of the existing races (like Nightborne) were stand-ins using the current npc models and that the actual player races at launch will be completely new and in-line with all other player races.

I know for a fact I saw it, probably here but also could have been in one of the many Blizzcon dev interviews I watched on Youtube.

Quote Originally Posted by ChampionChains View Post
    I remember it being stated as well. I believe I read it on one of the lists of compiled info from dev interviews posted here on MMO-Champ. They stated they were all being given unique animations and voice overs and that the races we saw in the preview screen shots of the existing races (like Nightborne) were stand-ins using the current npc models and that the actual player races at launch will be completely new and in-line with all other player races.

I know for a fact I saw it, probably here but also could have been in one of the many Blizzcon dev interviews I watched on Youtube.
    This! Either it was a wrong transcript of an interview or they really said it. I searched the mmo-champ news with the filter "animation" and couldn't find anything like that though. I think they said it during a panel or interview...

People tend to hear things they want to hear and remember them this way.

The only confirmed thing about allied race uniqueness is Velves floating while in combat.

-- edit #1

For example, there's another thread about armour sets in BfA, people are already expecting hundreds of sets in BfA because they assume that every dung will have its own 4 unique armour sets, each location will have 4 sets and so on, simply because Ion used word "zone" when he's talking about raids
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-11-18 at 08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    People tend to hear things they want to hear and remember them this way.

The only confirmed thing about allied race uniqueness is Velves floating while in combat.
    I have zero interest in allied races. I find them very bland and unnecessary so it's not even something I'm looking forward to or I'm excited about. And I still managed to hear something they didn't say because I wanted to hear it? Uhm... no.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-11-18 at 08:27 PM.

They'll probably have the same animations as whatever rig they're on, except maybe unique idle animations or dance animations.

The reason for that being simply that they're adding a fuckload of races, and it takes a lot of time to make ALL new animations as they would usually do for a new race.

Also another reason it's quicker for them to add 6 new allied races, versus making a new Worgen/Goblin model. Because it's not just a new Worgen/Goblin model, it's a new rig, new animations, as they've done before, x4 because 2 races 2 genders.
    Last edited by HitRefresh; 2017-11-18 at 08:30 PM.