Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Mob in india throw flaming tar bombs on baby elephant and mother, not an easy time to be a elephant, hope they stampede those mobs to death.

Quote Originally Posted by want my Slimjim View Post
    No we're above that we are specifically designed to rule the earth as our creator intended. Elephants aren't human so it makes no sense.
    Nope, we're just as much an animal as any other organism into the animal kingdom is or at the very least we're just as much an animal as any chimpanzee or orangutan is, considering our close relation to them and our shared family.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkrysa View Post
    This is disturbing... literally revolting..
    Paying 20 thousand dollars or more for elephant conservation is revolting?

Look at African countries with and without trophy hunting. Guess which ones still have elephants.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're not humans, they're fucking animals, so who who the hell cares? really.
    We're talking about elephants here, not you. Step away from the mirror.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Elephants are self-aware and one of the most cognitively and emotionally complex families on Earth comparable to the cetaceans and hominids.
    Let's pretend that's a fact. So what?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Let's acknowledge that's a fact. So what?
    They're one of our closest cognitive relatives and they may offer insight into further understanding intelligence. It's simply not ethical to treat an organism with intelligence close to ours inhumanely.

They're not humans, they're fucking animals, so who who the hell cares? really.
    You're an animal too. All animals are connected through things like ecosystems and food webs.

You can't mess with one part of the ecosystem or web without disrupting the others.

Besides, if you were such an "evolved" human far above those "animals" you obviously wouldn't need to pointlessly slaughter animals. Just that desire would put you lower on the evolutionary chain than nay animal because they don't need to kill for "sport"..... (Even though killing an unarmed animal with a gun is hardly "sport," actually sounds kind of boring really: pulls trigger- animal dies- "Yay! I did it"- yeah, sounds really engaging......)

Isn't there a genocide and civil war going on in Zimbabwe currently?

Deleted
    Hunting wild animals has been going since forever. Ancient greece, rome , nazi germany etc... It's a hobby of the rich to appear 'hunter' / alpha - that they can provide.

For example even alexander the great wore on his head the lion's head from hercules.

Of course when an animal is endangered laws should apply.

Further proof that trump and his spawns are quiter literally NAZIS

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Isn't there a genocide and civil war going on in Zimbabwe currently?
    Go start a thread about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Go start a thread about it.
    What's that say about people that care more about elephants that Africans ?

Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    What's that say about people that care more about elephants that Africans ?
    “Shits fucked in Africa”
    Ranks high in the “no fucking DUH” index.

Regardless if you care that much stop being snide and draw more attention to it where it can be discussed at length.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, we're just as much an animal as any other organism into the animal kingdom is or at the very least we're just as much an animal as any chimpanzee or orangutan is, considering our close relation to them and our shared family.
    Nope we are divine and different from any other animal created in his image to rule the world as intended. It's rightfully ours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    You're an animal too. All animals are connected through things like ecosystems and food webs.

You can't mess with one part of the ecosystem or web without disrupting the others.

Besides, if you were such an "evolved" human far above those "animals" you obviously wouldn't need to pointlessly slaughter animals. Just that desire would put you lower on the evolutionary chain than nay animal because they don't need to kill for "sport"..... (Even though killing an unarmed animal with a gun is hardly "sport," actually sounds kind of boring really: pulls trigger- animal dies- "Yay! I did it"- yeah, sounds really engaging......)
    No IAM not.an neither is any human being being except for rapists

Quote Originally Posted by Surgex View Post
    Hunting wild animals has been going since forever. Ancient greece, rome , nazi germany etc... It's a hobby of the rich to appear 'hunter' / alpha - that they can provide.

For example even alexander the great wore on his head the lion's head from hercules.

Of course when an animal is endangered laws should apply.
    And look at the species that we've lost. The European lions of Greece and the leopards of Eastern Europe and the Caucasus, the North African elephant, the Arabian ostrich, the Syrian elephant, Barbary lion, Caspian tigers, European wild horse, the aurochs, etc.

I'm not against hunting, but the way that humanity has historically practiced it unchecked is problematic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope we are divine and different from any other animal created in his image to rule the world as intended. It's rightfully ours.

No IAM not.an neither is any human being being except for rapists
    You're not "divine" or any such bullshit. You are nothing but an animal. You life is objectively worth no more than that of a crow or a mouse (in fact, it could be said to be worth LESS, since you probably contribute to ecosystem degradation unlike the aforementioned crow or mouse).

You're not "divine".
    You're not "special".
    You're not part of "God's plan" or any such nonsense.
    You're not worth any more than any other animal you'd care to name.

In short, you're an animal. Just like me, just like the rest of humanity. Anything you claim beyond that is nothing but delusions.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They're one of our closest cognitive relatives and they may offer insight into further understanding intelligence. It's simply not ethical to treat an organism with intelligence close to ours inhumanely.
    Oh well, if they are so smart it's very easy for them to get out of this situation - they should begin delivering all the insights on their intelligence as if their survival were depending on it - oh wait it DOES depend on it and yet they do nothing but die. Evolutionary speaking it's quite ethical to kill them all to extinction as they are not fit for greater things.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Xinder View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/11/15/politi...bia/index.html

Excerpt from the article below:

I can't fathom why in the world this is ok. They're an endangered species and while we can't control what happens in those countries the US can control incentivizing Americans to go over and kill elephants. Also the whole argument being made by the pro elephant murdering that it's "conservation". Conservation of what?? They're fucking endangered!! If anyone thinks they can come up with an argument for why this should be ok or killing elephants ok, I'm all ears.

Overall petition to the UN to ban all trophy hunting: https://www.change.org/p/united-nati...g-stop-imports
    yeah. kind of stupid in my opinion. hunting for meat is one thing, but killing an animal merely to disfigure it doesn't prove you are a man.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh well, if they are so smart it's very easy for them to get out of this situation - they should begin delivering all the insights on their intelligence as if their survival were depending on it - oh wait it DOES depend on it and yet they do nothing but die. Evolutionary speaking it's quite ethical to kill them all to extinction as they are not fit for greater things.
    Your title is quite apropos, isn't it.

If you think it's "ethical" to exterminate species that "aren't fit for greater things", I suggest you start with yourself. Because with views like that, you certainly aren't fit for greater things.

Infracted

That's just taking their intelligence into account. In terms of their ecological niche, elephants are vital to ecosystem. In fact a major reason why geneticists like George Church are working on resurrecting the mammoth or create a qausi-mammoth through inserting genes into the genome of an Asian elephant is because they played such a vital role in maintaining the steppe ecosystems of Siberia which kept the Permafrost frozen.