Page 5 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Well I don't know about the shaking hands, but if this is in a professional setting then yeah, this would be inappropriate.
    I doubt it was, the OP has a history of talking about their unwanted advances on women in public spaces.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    If I was on the street and some stranger just walked up to me and said that I’d go:

Now if it was some social gathering then that’s a different story.

Exactly. As I keep writing in hopes of getting through to Mall and Anduin, it's all about situation and context.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    Mall, I never thought you're one of those like Anduin--where you expect a woman to respond positively to anything you do, as if you're God's gift to women-kind.
    No not ever, did you read what I wrote, I said if this isn't in a the right setting it would be inappropriate. But going up to someone making a compliment and making idle conversation introducing oneself that isn't any big deal either accept or decline neither is owed anything beyond that.

No, I am not going to go up to anybody male or female like they dropped from fucking heaven and I have to speak to them with the ginger voice of an angel. That is just stupid, and if they are that fucking uptight, I am better off knowing their looks don't match their personality because they obviously spent everything they had on the looks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    I doubt it was, the OP has a history of talking about their unwanted advances on women in public spaces.
    Yes, which is why I am a bit cautious and asked him about it, and gotten no answer so. I am beginning to think this might just be a catcall. Which is offensive and has nothing to do with being nice, or nice guy or really trying to introduce or get to know someone.

- - - Updated - - -

Exactly. As I keep writing in hopes of getting through to Mall and Anduin, it's all about situation and context.
    hahaha No you haven't that's exactly what I said, situation and context, I am not going to talk to this way to some random person just anywhere.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    No not ever, did you read what I wrote, I said if this isn't in a the right setting it would be inappropriate. But going up to someone making a compliment and making idle conversation introducing oneself that isn't any big deal either accept or decline neither is owed anything beyond that.

No, I am not going to go up to anybody male or female like they dropped from fucking heaven and I have to speak to them with the ginger voice of an angel. That is just stupid, and if they are that fucking uptight, I am better off knowing their looks don't match their personality because they obviously spent everything they had on the looks.
    You absolutely have it right in that you should talk to people how you want to. Best way to find those who actually are cool with you as a person. If you are getting poor responses consistently though, you also need to do some introspection. You can be free to do what you want, but so are other people free to reject you. The problem is when someone does the same thing repeatedly with no luck and refuses to change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    If you want to scare everyone away, sure, you can continue doing that, it's not going to work with any woman who is mentally healthy.
    Yeah I don't find anything mentally healthy about a woman cringing at someone introducing themselves and being honest about their motives and paying them a compliment. That seems like a mental case to me.

And I known and have asked plenty of women out albeit not randomly, and I don't have a problem getting dates, nor do I have any horror stories from longer term relationships I have been in.

People who are uptight and hung up on themselves, those are the people typically the ones I find the most unhappy. There is having self respect and class, and then there is just being stuck up and cruel to people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
    2) Approaching someone that is in a relationship and doesn't want anything to do with any sort of person that open up a conversation with a personal compliment.
    I once approached a girl directly, who was in relationship. When I told her she looked nice, her face lit up. She told me she thinks it's great when people do that. We talked for like 6 minutes after which I went for her number. She said I have a boyfriend, so sorry no. But she still gave me her facebook.

So no that's not it. Neither would there be a justification for acting rudely in that case, because the person making you a compliment doesn't know you are in a relationship.

It doesn’t even need to be flirting just the act of approaching me as if I want to chit chat with random people pisses me off. I just assume you want something from me, unless you’re a homeless guy you ain’t getting no Kit Kat mother fucker.

Yeah I don't find anything mentally healthy about a woman cringing at someone introducing themselves and being honest about their motives and paying them a compliment. That seems like a mental case to me.

And I known and have asked plenty of women out albeit not randomly, and I don't have a problem getting dates, nor do I have any horror stories from longer term relationships I have been in.

People who are uptight and hung up on themselves, those are the people typically the ones I find the most unhappy. There is having self respect and class, and then there is just being stuck up and cruel to people.
    "Cringe
    When someone acts/ or is so embarrassing or awkward, it makes you feel extemely ashamed and/or embarrassed."

It is cringe to go up and say you had to come over because you thought someone is cute. No two ways about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    It doesn’t even need to be flirting just the act of approaching me as if I want to chit chat with random people pisses me off. I just assume you want something from me, unless you’re a homeless guy you ain’t getting no Kit Kat mother fucker.
    I know exactly how you feel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    You absolutely have it right in that you should talk to people how you want to. Best way to find those who actually are cool with you as a person. If you are getting poor responses consistently though, you also need to do some introspection. You can be free to do what you want, but so are other people free to reject you. The problem is when someone does the same thing repeatedly with no luck and refuses to change.
    Absolutely, if it's just a compliment in the right setting I don't expect anything from that, it's just me being honest, if I compliment a look, I might not if I don't feel that way, but I find truth works because the only time I ever known anybody to be "Creepy" is when their mouth says one thing and the other gets a sense of something else and overall dishonesty.

Looks have a big wave in carrying a factor, but yeah right place right setting and I have been turned down, and I am just humble about it and move on, sometimes the gave me a second chance.

But if they were simply rude or obnoxious, then it's better to know their personality forget whatever looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    I once approached a girl directly, who was in relationship. When I told her she looked nice, her face lit up. She told me she thinks it's great when people do that. We talked for like 6 minutes after which I went for her number. She said I have a boyfriend, so sorry no. But she still gave me her facebook.

So no that's not it. Neither would there be a justification for acting rudely in that case, because the person making you a compliment doesn't know you are in a relationship.
    "Had a boyfriend", sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
    I hope I don't sound nasty when I say this, but you really just can't open a conversation with anyone with a compliment.
    Sure you can. Some people really like it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lewdest View Post
    I complement people all the time and only get good reactions.
    Yeah, no. That is impossible.

No one touches my fucking KitKat or Reeses. Get curb-stomped.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sure you can. Some people really like it.
    and some people don't

that's pretty much the thread in a nutshell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    "Cringe
    When someone acts/ or is so embarrassing or awkward, it makes you feel extemely ashamed and/or embarrassed."

It is cringe to go up and say you had to come over because you thought someone is cute. No two ways about it.
    No there is no two ways about it you are wrong, simple as put, someone introducing themselves is either something you accept, or only accept from certain people, which the random person can't automatically know, and in my book that is pretty stuck up and cruel. Someone who has been told one too many fairy tales and wonders why they hold out for another and get sick of the same stories.

In the right situation and setting sometimes it is awkward, you are introducing yourself, you are putting your best foot forward, they aren't owed anything of course, but if a person instinct is to be cold or cruel, fuck em.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    Judging a book by its cover.
    Some people may think a hasty judgement is a poor one, regardless of the result.
    Too easy to do that, judge someone by their looks because I have done it when I should not have.
    Just calling someone cute isn't judging them by their looks.

That's like saying, if I tell you you have a cool hat, that means I'm judging you by how cool your hat looks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just calling someone cute isn't judging them by their looks.

That's like saying, if I tell you you have a cool hat, that means I'm judging you by how cool your hat looks.
    It could be if they didn't wear the hat for you, and you are at work.

No there is no two ways about it you are wrong, simple as put, someone introducing themselves is either something you accept, or only accept from certain people, which the random person can't automatically know, and in my book that is pretty stuck up and cruel. Someone who has been told one too many fairy tales and wonders why they hold out for another and get sick of the same stories.

In the right situation and setting sometimes it is awkward, you are introducing yourself, you are putting your best foot forward, they aren't owed anything of course, but if a person instinct is to be cold or cruel, fuck em.
    I thought you said you were working on your bigotry and sexism so why do all of your posts still have that arrogant tone of "SHUT UP! I'M RIGHT AND YOU'RE WRONG!"?

You are a total stranger to them, it means piss off go see someone else. Its actually a good reaction because its very clear. They are not socialy intereded in you, so beat it and go see someone else. Better then coward stains leading you into nothing by not being able to express the fact they are just too polite to tell you to scram.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2017-11-18 at 06:55 PM.