Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Taking another person’s life always has serious impact on a person. On a sane person anyway.
    It can and does in most cases. Not something I want to ever experience. But not doing anything and failing to protect myself or family successfully, would have a more serous impact on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Because Brazil has some strict gun laws for civilians I would guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Normally, no. But there could be a situation where you have a choice. Let someone harm another or shoot them. People who have a firearm for self defense should learn situational lessons. There are many good videos which can help with that. Plus, dumb to have a deadly weapon and never do any practice with it.
    It might be dumb, but why do you think so many in home gun accidents happen. People are not ready and able to operate firearms under normal conditions much less stressful ones.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    It might be dumb, but why do you think so many in home gun accidents happen. People are not ready and able to operate firearms under normal conditions much less stressful ones.
    Because too many are careless with firearms. But you see the same action going on with automobiles. The laws in some cases are too lax and the determination to enforce the laws we do have also. A lack of required training can be a contributing factor. One would be surprised how many are driving on the roadways with no license. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    And how many deadly home invasions are there in Australia? You are far more likely to ve killed by someone you know here. If you don't like it leave and don't come back.

Also it is not stupid. Its stops vigilante justice, stealing shouldn't be a death sentence.
    No it shouldn’t be. But I’m not about to try to read the mind of someone who’s broken into my house. Maybe they’re there only to take my stuff or maybe they’re going to try to kill me and my family afterwards. That unknown is why anyone breaking into my house will not be leaving without additional holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    If the robber was running at the wife (to harm her), I’d say it was justified. If the robber was just running away, I’d say it wasn’t justified. We don’t know, since the robber is dead, so I guess this is what they’re trying to figure out. Shooting and killing a fleeing man is murder.
    Not it actually isn’t. If the person poses an immediate threat to anyone, running away or not, shooting them is justified.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd View Post
    Yeah, they are called Cops.
    Who will arrive in 15-45 minutes depending on where your live, day of the week and time of day. Many armed citizens have stopped the bad guys with guns with their own guns.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    Only not very smart people say that. You're more likely to use that six on yourself or a friend or family member you love than to ever be judged by that 12 for defending a friend or family member.

but let's not let reality get in the way of our beliefs.
    Since you’ve already been mocked for not knowing what the six refers to I’ll just add that this is total nonsense and so are the statistics that try to claim it’s true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.