Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taedae View Post
    The thing is, women generally don't respond well to that kind of lead in. As a women myself, if someone came up to me and said that, I'd get away from them as fast as possible. Granted, not all women are turned off by that style of conversation but a lot of women are. Especially in today's society where women are being treated as nothing more than being around for men's pleasure.
    I mean you make a good point. That is exactly why a lot of men do indirect approaches. Like asking for directions and then taking the woman into a conversation. So all you're doing with that is making guys change their strategy. But as I've said multiple times, this isn't about hitting on people, it's just about the compliment. You could leave immediately after the compliment and would still get bitchy reactions. That's retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post

No, we wouldn't.
    You are both younger, about the same age, he is the Young Prince now King of Stormwind, and I think you both communicate pretty effectively, which as most will tell you is a foundation for any relationship romantic or otherwise.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

OP: you asked why people are turned off by your compliments. You have been given many similar responses to your post, explaining quite plainly why, which is what you asked for. But instead of acknowledging what people have said, you are bashing it all and essentially saying if we don't agree with your method, we are wrong. You know you are getting a negative reaction from the women you've been talking with in this manner. That is a clear indicator that you aren't handling the situation in a manner that is appropriate (even ignoring people's posts in this thread) and you wanted us to explain why this is happening. Instead of rolling your eyes and making remarks like "oh so I just can't talk to anyone then?", you could try actually listening to what we've all said. No one said you can't communicate with women of interest. All we've said is to reevaluate the method you are using and the words you are speaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some people are more perceptive than others, if they recognized you for what you are then they'd be less inclined to react politely.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwarfhamster View Post
    Come on, man. You don't say the first thing that comes to your mind. And you don't start a conversation with "You're cute." That's creepy and weird, and puts the recipient on edge, unless she (or he) is piss-drunk. Everything depends on the situation and context. If you sat down with a cute girl over a coffee meeting for work-related purposes, would you say "Oh you're cute. Now let's get on with business." Fuck no.

I don't know how people can be so dense about this.
    What are you talking about. What does that example have to do with anything? You might not want to tell a colleague she's cute, but you can tell her you like her dress or something and it will be well-received. So what's your point?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    I mean you make a good point. That is exactly why a lot of men do indirect approaches. Like asking for directions and then taking the woman into a conversation. So all you're doing with that is making guys change their strategy. But as I've said multiple times, this isn't about hitting on people, it's just about the compliment. You could leave immediately after the compliment and would still get bitchy reactions. That's retarded.
    It's at so and so place, bye and good luck!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    You gave a compliment and you expected a positive response. The compliment wasn't for them. It was for you.
    What a retarded statement. I didn't expect anything, I just don't get how people can react to compliments rudely. It's ironic. It proves they didn't deserve the compliment in the first place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    That's obvious start then and why not? Just a single "Hello" can take you anywhere.
    Ok lets take your example.

Me: Walks up "Hello"
    Them: Hi
    Me: *Blinks*
    Them: Do you need something?

One way, to approach anybody it is about attitude and confidence, but you also have to have something to say being honest is the way to do that, "How big are your tits, I seen them from across the street" probably a no go, good way to get hostility.

Saying "Hello, my Name is _____, I noticed you across the way, and was wondering if you like to go out sometime?" With or without "You're beautiful"

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    You are both younger, about the same age, he is the Young Prince now King of Stormwind, and I think you both communicate pretty effectively, which as most will tell you is a foundation for any relationship romantic or otherwise.
    I'd burn Stormwind to the ground if that was my choice to make.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on the compliment.

"Hey you look good today," will usually result in a simple "thank you" because it's a generic compliment.

"Hey nice tits" however might get you sent to the HR office . . . or simply fired.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    They don't find you attractive, they think you're a creep. If they found you attractive they'd be flattered.
    Attractiveness has nothing to do with it. The most attractive guy will still get harsh responses. In fact probably more so, because they'll think of him more as a player, while the chubby who compliments them might look sweet, innocent and harmless.

10+ Year Old Account

Them: Hi
    Me: *Blinks*
    Them: Do you need something?

One way, to approach anybody it is about attitude and confidence, but you also have to have something to say being honest is the way to do that, "How big are your tits, I seen them from across the street" probably a no go, good way to get hostility.

Saying "Hello, my Name is _____, I noticed you across the way, and was wondering if you like to go out sometime?" With or without "You're beautiful"
    "Hello my Name is Adam Jensen, I noticed your tits from across the way and was wondering if you'd like to go out sometime?"
    Putin khuliyo

Some people just have a hard time taking compliments. Sometimes they trigger some self defense mechanism because often times people will want something from you. Sometimes people have such low self esteem that they think compliments are either sarcastic or out of obligation or again, defense mechanism turns on.

I'll get a compliment from someone and I don't really know how to react to be honest. I just freeze up. It's especially weird when I pay someone a compliment, they say thank you, then compliment me back and I just kind of deadpan. I don't know why, I just get so freaked out when it happens.

I wouldn't take it personally OP, some people just suck at accepting compliments, myself included.
    The proper waifu is a wholesome supplement for one's intrinsic need for belonging and purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    I said "hi, I saw you standing there and I thought you were really cute, I just had to come over and say hi, my name is ..." and I held out my hand. Obviously I was overstepping my bounds.
    Jesus Christ OP. How is that robot life going for you?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Besides, who seriously compliments strangers? If you wanna flirt with someone, just ball up and do it. Trust me, you'll go a lot further with the ladies if you come across as "The guy who's interested in you." and not "The guy's who's clearly interested in you by pretending to be friendly to get pity sex."
    Nothing conveys interest more than telling a girl she's cute. Who says you can't flirt with a girl you just called cute? That's just the opener to set the frame.

Cut it down to this since at that point I'd be wondering why you're talking to me and wait for you to say something, like inquire about directions or stuff. If it's not requiring assistance with something then I'm just going to ignore you and continue walking if I'm going somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    "Hello my Name is Adam Jensen, I noticed your tits from across the way and was wondering if you'd like to go out sometime?"
    Yeah, that might get a lot of Anger unless you are Brad Pitt. I am not Brad Pitt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    Women typically don't want to deal with random men only interested in sex
    How does telling a girl she's cute mean that the guy is only interested in sex?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Cut it down to this since at that point I'd be wondering why you're talking to me and wait for you to say something, like inquire about directions or stuff. If it's not requiring assistance with something then I'm just going to ignore you and continue walking if I'm going somewhere.
    Yes, I'm sorry I existed in the same area as you and might have consumed your oxygen, please FORGIVE ME!!!!!!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    If you truly must compliment someone, try to be a bit more nuanced than just "hey you look hot"
    Can you even read? Where did I say anything about telling a girl she looks hot?