Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yes, I'm sorry I existed in the same area as you and might have consumed your oxygen, please FORGIVE ME!!!!!!!!
    Such entitlement.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    Also who shakes hands outside of a business environment?
    What the fuck? Shaking hands is totally normal when you meet new people. I shake hands with my friends every time we meet.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    I have shaked many hands and kissed many cheeks of girls I knew for less than 10 minutes. All went fine. Only one girl rejected my kiss on the cheeks and she said it was cause she had a boyfriend.
    I think we can /thread now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Attractiveness has nothing to do with it. The most attractive guy will still get harsh responses. In fact probably more so, because they'll think of him more as a player, while the chubby who compliments them might look sweet, innocent and harmless.
    yeah, no

ugly = creep
    handsome = cute

u just lost the genetic lottery
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Such entitlement.
    I know fuck me right.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    It doesn’t even need to be flirting just the act of approaching me as if I want to chit chat with random people pisses me off. I just assume you want something from me, unless you’re a homeless guy you ain’t getting no Kit Kat mother fucker.
    You're very anti-social, we get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pencil View Post
    I think we can /thread now.
    Yes, if we don't hear from Anduin Menethil we might need to take up a collection to donate to whatever funeral. Something appropriate for our hero's head stone.

There's nothing anti-social about not wanting to be bothered by complete strangers when you're out doing your daily business.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't even want to read the index of that novel Anduin.

Deleted
    Also, someone did actually say something earlier than resonates with me.

I've never complimented anyone and got a 'bad' reaction. There must be something beyond what you're saying OP. Maybe it's your demeanor? I dunno'.

Edit: Saying that, I'm not sure I've ever complimented anyone on their appearance within the first hour of meeting them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    "Had a boyfriend", sure.
    Maybe she did, maybe she didn't. Unless you do street pick-up, you have nothing to contribute.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    and some people don't

that's pretty much the thread in a nutshell
    The question is why... Is that too complex of a question for you to answer?

How does telling a girl she's cute mean that the guy is only interested in sex?
    I am confused as to how you don't see why women would immediately assume you are trying to get into their pants? The compliment you are giving them is about their appearance and everything in our society has taught women that our looks = sex. When you know nothing about a woman and open with a comment about their looks, it immediately strikes a warning bell in our minds because we have been conditioned by society to believe that we are all men's pleasure objects and all men want is sex. I'm not saying that you are complimenting people for sex, I'm saying that your compliment triggers that thought process in women, regardless of your intent. You can't tell women that they have no right to feel that way. Instead of wondering why women get upset, maybe focus more on why our society has made it okay for women to feel like they are walking targets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it that a person would act rudely towards you when you walk up to them and make them a compliment, like that they are cute? Isn't this a big contradiction? Very often, people will just respond with "thank you", even if they then keep on walking, but sometimes you get very harsh reactions.

edit:

Oops, that was a mistake, please mods move this to off-topic.
    Because not everyone wants compliments from random weirdos in the street. I have no idea what part of your upbringing leed you to believe that is normal behavior, but it isn't.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    There's nothing anti-social about not wanting to be bothered by complete strangers when you're out doing your daily business.
    Well that would be reasonable, but when WOULD be a good time to come up to YOU for say Anduin, where he could say " Hey, you're swell, I would like to get to know you better, maybe we could go out and do something really groovy sometime, wanna go?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    The guy was cute as fuck. Her loss.

Hit on women in your own league, if your a 4 hit on women who are 4's.

When you hit on an 9 when you're a 4 it's like telling the 9 girl you think you're worthy of dating her, it's an insult.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taedae View Post
    Instead of wondering why women get upset, maybe focus more on why our society has made it okay for women to feel like they are walking targets.
    That's asking an awful lot on these forums, Tae.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

I've never gotten an overly rude response for being nice to a stranger, unless it was due to a complete misunderstanding.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    It could be if they didn't wear the hat for you, and you are at work.
    What does that even mean "wear the hat for you"? Who thinks like that when someone gives them a compliment? When a guy told me my beard was cool I didn't yell at him "I'M NOT WEARING THIS FOR YOU!".

The guy was just being nice. No need to be a cunt.