Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    How do you know? Did you follow it all the way through with them?
    Anduin

Come on dude, give her some credit she is being honest women do know when you say shit where you are going, and why you approach them, she is telling the truth.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

How do you know? Did you follow it all the way through with them?
    Because it's obvious when men are interested in sex.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is it uncomfortable to receive a compliment? Again, when I got a compliment about my beard, it wasn't uncomfortable for me. How weird would I have to be for something like that to be uncomfortable? I once got hit in the head with a metal pipe until I bled. That was uncomfortable. That was rude. I really dislike the guys who did that. The guy who gave me a compliment was cool.
    The fact that you felt like you had to make this stupid-ass topic should clue you in.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rilch View Post
    They do, beacause you suck at complimenting and probably make it clear you just want 'something' from them.
    Isn't it good to be clear what you want from them, like say their time, I like to take you out some time and get a slice of pizza!

Some people are just plain ornery.
    We see examples of them here on this forum quite often.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    I recently told a woman that I loved her earrings and the way they accentuated her eye color. She told me to "fuck off creep". This while I was holding my husband's hand, wearing a matching outfit with his.

Some people just live to be offended.
    Yes and some people just live to be offended someone else is offended. But that was a nice compliment, sorry some people have to be jerks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    I recently told a woman that I loved her earrings and the way they accentuated her eye color. She told me to "fuck off creep". This while I was holding my husband's hand, wearing a matching outfit with his.

Some people just live to be offended.
    Because not reacting exactly the way you want = living to be offended.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    And so did you plot your revenge and wait for her next time and lock the door behind you.
    No, that would be crazy.

I made a small voodoo doll out of pieces of her clothing/hair. Every now and then, I'll smash the voodoo doll's little hand in the door of a little doll house, which according to voodoo, ensures that the same fate is happening to the girl in her daily life.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    Some people are just plain ornery.
    We see examples of them here on this forum quite often.
    What do you mean ALLYBEBOBA DON'T CALL ME A CHILD MURDERER! I am not onionery j/k

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Isn't it good to be clear what you want from them, like say their time, I like to take you out some time and get a slice of pizza!
    Are you even reading what you yap here? In what world do you live where you randomly speak to someone on the street "to take him out for pizza" or whatever? Have you heard of decency or privacy? This has nothing to do with honesty but with manners.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Saying that is not enough. You also need to wait and see if they are ok with you continuing speaking to them.
    I have talked to people before, I think I got this. I have around 500 approaches in the last half year under my belt now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    The fact that you felt like you had to make this stupid-ass topic should clue you in.
    There's certainly some truth in that. If you're coming to the internet for advice like that, it suggests something is going wrong somewhere along the line. It's probably not even what you're saying, it's more than likely how you're saying it or something else.

Usually women will respond positively to a compliment, provided you've approached them in a way they deem to be acceptable and friendly.

Gotta' say though, saying all this kind of makes me feel as though I'm trying to teach my 15 yr old cousin how to speak to girls properly (or humans in general for that matter).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    No, that would be crazy.

I made a small voodoo doll out of pieces of her clothing/hair. Every now and then, I'll smash the voodoo doll's little hand in the door of a little doll house, which according to voodoo, ensures that the same fate is happening to the girl in her daily life.
    Well I am glad a lesson could be learned from all this, and that you grew as a person, and developed that ability to go beyond being petty and look to upwards and onwards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    You don't say someone is cute without any intentions to take it further(I know there's a word for this in english but I can't remember what it is).
    I have literally told girls they looked cute and kept on walking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is it that a person would act rudely towards you when you walk up to them and make them a compliment, like that they are cute? Isn't this a big contradiction? Very often, people will just respond with "thank you", even if they then keep on walking, but sometimes you get very harsh reactions.

edit:

Oops, that was a mistake, please mods move this to off-topic.
    because they remember all you did was post shitpost leaks and have a natural disdain for you.

Than can sense it even if they aren't part of these forums.

How is it uncomfortable to receive a compliment? Again, when I got a compliment about my beard, it wasn't uncomfortable for me. How weird would I have to be for something like that to be uncomfortable? I once got hit in the head with a metal pipe until I bled. That was uncomfortable. That was rude. I really dislike the guys who did that. The guy who gave me a compliment was cool.
    Maybe they don't want to interact with a stranger. Maybe they just got raped 5 minutes ago. Maybe their SO beats them and they react negatively to anything romantic. Maybe they just have low self-esteem. Maybe they have low self worth. Maybe they are shy. Maybe they have autism. Maybe they are anxious. Maybe they're busy and don't want to be disturbed and you interacting with them is annoying. Maybe they are not single and don't like any romantic like advances in any capacity. Maybe they just had their dog put down and don't want to interact with anyone. Maybe their misogynistic against men. Maybe they're a lesbian. Maybe they're sexist. Maybe they're just a fucking cunt. Maybe they think you're a god damn weirdo.

There are a thousands, nah millions possibly even billions of reasons and scenarios that someone isn't in the mood to receive a compliment... Everyones different and has their own shit going on.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-11-18 at 08:10 PM.

Deleted
    I have talked to people before, I think I got this. I have around 500 approaches in the last half year under my belt now.
    Anduin, I mean this sincerely (really, I do). You need to find someone to settle down with, or just stop.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Don't do that.
    Too late for that. I have almost all my numbers from there. I hate clubs.

Deleted
    I have literally told girls they looked cute and kept on walking.
    I think we're establishing the issue here. It isn't them, Anduin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naadir View Post
    Are you even reading what you yap here? In what world do you live where you randomly speak to someone on the street "to take him out for pizza" or whatever? Have you heard of decency or privacy? This has nothing to do with honesty but with manners.
    You, wanna go for a slice of pizza, I like your name Naadir, it's catchy and your avatar has cute eyes, I think we could go see a movie, are you into actions or horror films, nevermind Ill let you think about it.

Seriously, in the REAL WORLD, sometimes people are transparent sometimes they aren't the vibe I pick up on that garners the most mistrust is when people say one thing and mean another, those people are creepy.

Place and setting as it relates to context is important, but I already states that.