Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No but you participated in it big fella and you had something to say.

I am just saying if trying to be friendly and getting to know someone in and of itself makes them a creep, knowing nothing about them and acting accordingly, I say it says as much about YOU to make that judgement. Indifference is ok when it comes to personalities.
    I think if you approach someone randomly on the street, its always creepy, male of female. We have places and events and even jobs where you can socialize and meet people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Did you not read half of my post a few back? If the setting is meant to foster social interaction then the barrier to approach me is basically nonexistent. If I’m in a park sitting by myself on a bench then yeah leave me the fuck alone. Unless you’re an actual cute guy or gal.
    Ok fair enough, I respect peoples personal boundaries.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    People don't actually go there to socialize and meet new people. They go their to party with their friends. A lot of them are completely closed down to anyone trying to get into their circle.
    You're aware that there are people who go there alone or with just one friend with the intention of going home with someone from there? Someone going there in groups could go home with someone too if they mesh well.
    But aside from that, a lot of them are just bad environments for talking to girls. Way too loud, people get wasted, I don't drink alcohol and I hate most of the music played at these clubs. I like this
    Well, good luck socializing in life.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    There are places people go to be social and make friends. Just like there are places people go to shop for what they need. Just like there are places people go to have their items serviced. Just like there are places people go to do their jobs. Go to the places people go to be social and make friends and you will find more people willing to chat with you.
    My very first best friend I met on my street when I was 5 or something. I walked up to him and we played together. Then he said "you're my friend now".

I've literally made friends from everywhere. People I met on the street, people I met at conventions, people I met in shops. There is no limit.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't always know what people are going through. They may be having a bad day so they take your genuine niceness as sarcasm since they've just met you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    I rarely see anyone here strike up a conversation unless they already know the person.
    Weird. How do people get to know each other then?

It seems like a paradox.

It seems like a paradox.
    Through co-workers/acquaintances/friends inviting their friends/acquaintances to house parties or other social settings for the most part.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    If you want to approach a girl you should know at least a bit more than where she ranks out of 10. Not having anything else to go on is a red flag that you're just looking for sex.
    Who said that telling her she's cute would be the only thing I'd say to her? You think I'm just gonna call her cute and wait for her to suck my dick? It's just an opener.

- - - Updated - - -

He looks like a hobo.
    Where you live hobos must look fabulous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xChurch View Post
    I think if you approach someone randomly on the street, its always creepy, male of female. We have places and events and even jobs where you can socialize and meet people.
    Sure if they are looking like trhis

but what if they look like this

Social cues can oftentimes be wrong about who is dangerous and who isn't. Used to be an initiative called "Stranger Danger" Which actually gave a lot of false and misleading impressions

Now I agree at a job or professional business or setting any of this is inappropriate, not because it isn't normal but because it comes with it's own baggage of issues.

The truth is from my perspective Honesty is what I look for over anything else, I mean of course everybody lies, but what do they lie about what is their motive, or process of thinking.

And I think @Frieghter is not far off on her instincts she really isn't off at all. But the problem is though is the idea that rules and cues which many times keeps us safe always do, or in some cases completely wrong.

Someone who walks up and is an idiot speaks whatever is on their mind and I follow their pattern of thought, I find them a hell of a lot less creepy that those that will sing or speak sweetly but hide their motives or agendas.

That isn't to say I approve of being vulgar, but I pick people who are honest as being more trustworthy whether I like them or not over those who aren't

It seems like a paradox.
    They start by not being creepy towards people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Would need more context.

Are you going up to random people doing their grocery shopping? They probably want you to fuck off because they didn't come to the grocery store to get hit on by some creep.
    Hahaha welcome to my world several pages back!

7+ Year Old Account
    A guy at a party once told me he thought my beard was cool and I hugged him.
    its a party.
    compliments, flirts and whatever are expected.

complimenting random strangers you see walking down the street just makes you look like a creep.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Too bad. Strange females, or any other strangers, do not owe you their time. Make it WORTH them allowing you to get to know them, make sure they feel SAFE doing so. IF you can't figure out how to do that after 13 pages of advice, suck it up, you don't have game and you are scary. Life isn't fair, not everyone wins the gene lottery.
    What are you talking about? If you can walk up to them and say "hi" and get a bitchy reaction, what has that person done wrong? Oh, he wasn't worth their time at a place where people go to socialize.

But then when people come up with inventive openers, you call that manipulative. Go figure.

Point is, even though people are saying here that bars and clubs are the places to pick up women, a lot of elements there make it actually harder to do so. Some girls are just unapproachable, while girls walking home from work are a lot more approachable.

Girls going out partying together might not be available to guys at all, because they don't wanna abandon their friends.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    To make a long story short, receiving a compliment activates the fight or flight response in a person because it essentially uses the same neural pathways as receiving a sarcastic remark.
    Then why do some people react positively? What are you basing this on?

Deleted
    I thought you had game?
    Stop evading the question. Your response didn't even make sense. Why would me knowing game mean I can tell when a guy wants sex? Game is about getting women into bed. I don't know how to read the motives of guys.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    If I’m in a park sitting by myself on a bench then yeah leave me the fuck alone. Unless you’re an actual cute guy or gal.
    Wow. You must be an awesome person.

Deleted
    Some girls are just unapproachable, while girls walking home from work are a lot more approachable.
    Some people just want to be left alone when walking home from work. Especially since in 9 out of 10 cases, opening a conversation with someone by telling them that they are cute means that you'll try to hit on them in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralgarog View Post
    Its really entertaining seeing introverts be shocked that extroverts are extroverted.
    Its even more entertaining seeing introverts demand that everybody else become introverted as if its some kind of choice that is actively made.

But the most entertaining of all is that introverts in this thread believes that sitting on a public bench in a public park in a public city of a public county of a public state disqualifies them from being interacted with with members of the public.

If you don't want to interact with the public, stay out of public places . If you want privacy, there are many private organizations you can join that have private parks and private walkways.
    Thankfully, I'm blessed with having my neutral face look quite angry. So the only people that generally talk to me are people looking for directions, and fucking canvassers. Also, I don't even acknowledge people around me until they explicitly start talking to me.

This is rather effective, I've made it through many classes where I didn't talk to a single person in the class the whole semester. It was beautiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Stop evading the question. Your response didn't even make sense. Why would me knowing game mean I can tell when a guy wants sex? Game is about getting women into bed. I don't know how to read the motives of guys.
    I'll let you guess, some people have already mentioned various factors that plays into it but you seem oblivious to it and think it's not giving off that vibe.

10+ Year Old Account
    sounds like youre a creep, considerin your usual posts on mmoc its quite understandable
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    Some people just want to be left alone when walking home from work. Especially since in 9 out of 10 cases, opening a conversation with someone by telling them that they are cute means that you'll try to hit on them in some way.
    I think if I was called cute vs sexy, I would be kind of pissed, I rather be ugly or monstrous looking than cute, but sexy, yeah, sexy would be cool.