Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    That is something else I enjoyed about the game. There was actual FEAR of death from overpulling or taking a shortcut that lead you to a pack of mobs. In today's wow I pull one get t to 75% then pull another get it to 75% and pull another get it to 75% then just blow through them all and be at 45-50% HP

When there is no fear of death...... then what is the point of the fight?
    Not every area needs to be a place to fear, and I don't know... Classic players of today seem pretty secure in the way they handle world mobs.

Shitty tuning =/= design to keep players on their toes. We've seen areas with a more punishing design in mind added just fine through iterations past Classic. Most recent being Suramar Areas, Isle of the Watchers, certain Elite areas on Argus (the elites are not always up so when they are, people run in and get 1-shot if not careful).

I for one hope they'll utilize M+ affixes to the world to make it TRULY challenging, as an optional path.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    I for one hope they'll utilize M+ affixes to the world to make it TRULY challenging, as an optional path.
    If you want to play Diablo, then go play Diablo or Retail WoW.
    They give you all you are asking for already.

What is missing in those games that brings you to the Classic forum to ask for changes?
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion
    "The Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple. offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

Quote Originally Posted by DeleteMyAccountMMOCSUX View Post
    If you want to play Diablo, then go play Diablo or Retail WoW.
    They give you all you are asking for already.

What is missing in those games that brings you to the Classic forum to ask for changes?
    I can't stand Diablo, really.

And nothing's ever so perfect that it can't be made better! Although, "What is missing in those games that brings you to the Classic forum to ask for changes?" is kinda ironic coming from people in this particular sub-forum...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-11-19 at 12:47 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can't stand Diablo, really.

And nothing's ever so perfect that it can't be made better!
    What is it about Diablo that you can't stand?

Could it be any of these:
    - You are the hero
    - You are nearly invincible to normal mobs
    - Loot stats are RNG
    - Different difficulty grinds
    - Cut scene story telling
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion
    "The Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple. offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

What is it about Diablo that you can't stand?

Could it be any of these:
    - You are the hero
    - You are nearly invincible to normal mobs
    - Loot stats are RNG
    - Different difficulty grinds
    - Cut scene story telling
    No not really, it's just not my type of game in terms of style, gameplay, emphasis on gear as the only progression of a character and so on. I love MMORPG gameplay, with WoW being the one most in keeping with what I want in terms of art style, story, gameplay, characters etc etc.

I mean, I'm not on Diablo fan-forums for that reason. ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    No not really, it's just not my type of game in terms of style, gameplay, emphasis on gear as the only progression of a character and so on. I love MMORPG gameplay, with WoW being the one most in keeping with what I want.

I mean, I'm not on Diablo fan-forums for that reason. ^^
    These are some of same reason I don't like Retail WoW, and believe introducing changes to Classic WoW to make it anything like Retail is a bad idea.

I argue that Retail isn't really an MMORPG any longer.
    Tedium and character customization is the part of any RPG.
    Blizzard has been on a crusade to remove any tedium from WoW for a long time.
    The classes have been homogenized to remove any chance of an outlier class.
    All these changes have culminated in moving it from a RPG to an action game in the same gameplay style as Diablo.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion

These are some of same reason I don't like Retail WoW, and believe introducing changes to Classic WoW to make it anything like Retail is a bad idea.

I argue that Retail isn't really an MMORPG any longer.
    Tedium and character customization is the part of any RPG.
    Blizzard has been on a crusade to remove any tedium from WoW for a long time.
    The classes have been homogenized to remove any chance of an outlier class.
    All these changes have culminated in moving it from a RPG to an action game in the same gameplay style as Diablo.
    My wish for properly challenging leveling options wasn't for Classic though.
    As for the rest, cool story I guess? You should share it with the millions playing WoW but staying clear of games like Diablo, you seem to know something the rest of us don't. You should also ask that the entire world rethinks calling WoW an MMORPG.
    "Tedium" and character customization? Has it. You can choose more race/class combos than ever before, choose appearances, progress your characters in more ways than just equipping gear etc etc.
    The "class homogenization"-meme is boring, but I can say this: I'll take class design of today/any iteration past Classic over entire specs being irrelevant and in the dumpster. That's not "class fantasy", that's just lack of design.
    If it's an "action game" with the same gameplay style as Diablo, then I must've missed it in all my years playing.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-11-19 at 01:13 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it's an "action game" with the same gameplay style as Diablo, then I must've missed it in all my years playing.
    Don't worry, the rest of us caught it, and pushed really hard for Blizzard to release Classic to combat the problem.

You are welcome!
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion

Don't worry, the rest of us caught it, and pushed really hard for Blizzard to release Classic to combat the problem.

You are welcome!
    Was gonna say probably the 7M or so that have quit wow caught it too o-o

You are welcome!
    300k people or thereabouts, if that considering not all are as delusional, "caught" it whilst millions upon millions keep playing WoW in 2017 for its qualities as an MMORPG.

Have fun grinding so that you can grind for gear of low drop chance in the Classic dungeon crawler-style gameplay though.

What? If WoW today is automatically an entirely different genre for having things in common with other genres, then that must go for every iteration of the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Was gonna say probably the 7M or so that have quit wow caught it too o-o
    WoW has had 100+ million accounts made, millions of people have quit and started playing this game ever since Classic so pulling the "hurr 7 million quit"-crap is just down to ignorance rather than actual insight I'd say.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-11-19 at 01:26 AM.

300k people or thereabouts, if that considering not all are as delusional, "caught" it whilst millions upon millions keep playing WoW in 2017 for its qualities as an MMORPG.

Have fun grinding so that you can grind for gear of low drop chance in the Classic dungeon crawler-style gameplay though.

- - - Updated - - -

WoW has had 100+ million accounts made, millions of people have quit and started playing this game ever since Classic so pulling the "hurr 7 million quit"-crap is just down to ignorance rather than actual insight I'd say.
    I mean Classic did something right with 8M subs at it's peak o.o...

10+ Year Old Account
    ...whilst millions upon millions keep playing WoW in 2017 for its qualities as an MMORPG.
    Do you have a source on this?
    I thought Blizzard stopped releasing sub numbers after they went into a steep decline.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion

I mean Classic did something right with 8M subs at it's peak o.o...
    And WoW's done something right to now be celebrating its 13th anniversary, still being a billion-dollar revenue machine and attracting millions of views for new announcements in record time.

Come back to me when Classic manages to retain 8 million people when perpetually stuck in that iteration.

And WoW's done something right to now be celebrating its 13th anniversary, still being a billion-dollar revenue machine and attracting millions of views for new announcements in record time.

Come back to me when Classic manages to retain 8 million people when perpetually stuck in that iteration.
    Classic view trailer had more views than BfA on Reddit though but okay 0-o...

And I will o3o

Do you have a source on this?
    I thought Blizzard stopped releasing sub numbers after they went into a steep decline.
    Do you have a source contrary to it? Do quarterly reports show downward trends, or upward? Spoiler: Up.

Newsflash: Since that steep decline, which took place during WoD, we've had a new expansion released to great critical acclaim that's delivered constant updates.

Do you have a source contrary to it? Do quarterly reports show downward trends, or upward? Spoiler: Up.

Newsflash: Since that steep decline, which took place during WoD, we've had a new expansion released to great critical acclaim that's delivered constant updates.
    Yet Blizzard still won't disclose sub numbers like they used to. hmm, I wonder why?

Classic view trailer had more views than BfA on Reddit though but okay 0-o...

And I will o3o
    The BfA cinematic trailer has 7.8 million views.
    The Features overview has 2 million
    Classic Announcement has 1.7 million views.

You were saying?

10+ Year Old Account

So no source, and you agree that Retail had a steep decline in subs.

Thank you!
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion

Yet Blizzard still won't disclose sub numbers like they used to. hmm, I wonder why?
    Because they committed to that, and are now announcing MAUSA.

Business standard these days.

The BfA cinematic trailer has 7.8 million views.
    The Features overview has 2 million
    Classic Announcement has 1.7 million views.

You were saying?
    I said on Reddit, on the actual r/wow subreddit.