Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Usual forum BS that has been called on one million times, but still pop up from time to time when a clueless idiot feels like he wishes to pretend (wrongly) to know what he's talking about.
    Oh look, another person who clearly did not play. You missed the people grinding because you were not playing. Its pretty clear that anyone who calls this out never played at launch. Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by takeshiIsu View Post
    Oh look, another person who clearly did not play. You missed the people grinding because you were not playing. Its pretty clear that anyone who calls this out never played at launch. Sad.
    That's ok man, you got called on your BS, just admit you never touched Vanilla and stop copy-pasting forum rumors that are obviously false for anyone who actually know the game. You might actually learn something out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    You're so negative.

I can't WAIT to spend hours and hours running up and down Darkshore trying to find near invisible quest items.
    I miss the days spamming chat for literally hours, trying to find groups for Sunken Temple, and then when you all get there somebody pulls out so you have to fly back to the cities again to start the whole process again.

Jokes aside... why would you want to play a game that's built around progression if your progress will always be capped?
    Nostalgia is a quick burning fuel to the game (in terms of fun). YOu will quickly get bored of it. Saying like: "It's been done".

Vanilla is worse than Cata and WoD Put together. I could not stand playing wow pre-TBC, Period.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    Blizzard has made many hundreds of quality-of-life changes to the game over the last thirteen years, but as they were added so gradually I think it might be a shock to suddenly have them all removed.
    I know what you mean but I'm going to pick on it anyway. We aren't going back in time and losing the current game, they're just re-releasing the old one.
    It's like hooking up the dusty old Nintendo and popping in Mario Bros and Zelda to binge on old times for a while.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only things that I remember currently was the constant server crashes when they were switching hardware during Naxx. God that was horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by garicasha View Post
    Interesting you say that because I think that was a popular misconception at the time. I'm pretty sure the tank got the full value of a sunder armor cast whether or not it applied the debuff. Someone from a private server can probably set us straight.
    Direct experience says otherwise, although it's always possible they may changed it at some point after we whipped our rogues into compliance.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    They couldn't use it. Its one of the reasons why rogues weren't allowed to spec into it, not that many did anyway from what I remember. Similar things could be said for improved battle shout and demo shout back when shouts generated absurd amounts of threat and almost completely trivialized Nefarian p1.

It won't be anything of the same unless they force streamers to be unable to stream it, or outright ban them. As one has seen on live servers, 'project 60' has turned out to be the peak of toxicity. If it's any indication Classic Servers will not do well 'community' wise.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Also remember chain pulling 10-15 air elementals during elemental invasions in silithus for essence farming because improved dampen magic was bugged and made their melee swings hit for 1, including the elite patrol. Fun times. Made a bunch of gold farmers mad.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    I know what you mean but I'm going to pick on it anyway. We aren't going back in time and losing the current game, they're just re-releasing the old one.
    It's like hooking up the dusty old Nintendo and popping in Mario Bros and Zelda to binge on old times for a while.
    I’m curious if that’s gonna be true for me. I definitely enjoyed the end-game parts of vanilla, but there’s no way I can compete with people that have been min-maxing leveling on private servers for half a decade. To modify your example slightly...is it going to be like playing Goldeneye with 3 much better players?

Oh, and on the improved expose armor thing...would the tank get the “A more powerful debuff is already actice” error? Because yah that would prevent the ability from firing and no threat would obviously be generated.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, they would.

Quote Originally Posted by Alassiel View Post
    So basically Vanilla was the epitome of cancer and weaponised autism. Legion suddenly seems like the best expansion there will be, with no competition to be ever made in the future compared to this...

The amount of people who genuinely enjoy that kind of shit is so miniscule it's almost ridiculous. The rest will quit after a month and whine on the forums how shit it is and how it needs to be brought to modern standard yada yada yada and come back to retail praising it even if they re-released Cataclysm exactly the same it was before.
    Either way Blizzard wins!

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I remember Mauradon being the worst there. WHO'S IDEA WAS IT TO MAKE THREE SEPARATE WINGS THAT ALL LEAD TO THE SAME INSTANCE?! We got lost so dang much and it took all day and all night with one extremely dedicated group and our gear was red in durability by the time we finished the last boss.
    Not judging your experience, but to me that sounds like insane fun. I remember my first run of Mauradon, very, very epic. When I first realised all entrances led to the same end I was like pwharrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Now I just bumrush through +20's as fast as I can, whew. Fun, but different kind.
    Last edited by RapBreon; 2017-11-19 at 06:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Quote Originally Posted by takeshiIsu View Post
    It's still not entirely true and I did it this year. You ran out of quests only if you:

1. Wouldn't leave your continent you decided to quest on

2. Didn't do any group content.

Basically, if you are lazy and/or anti-social you pay the price.

Quote Originally Posted by HavelTheRock View Post
    I just hope they optimize it so it doesn't feel as clunky as Vanilla did. I don't want gaps of up to a whole level where there are no quests available until I can grind the level and open the next zone. Hopefully PvP is a little more balanced and fleshed out as well, simply grinding 3 BGs forever gets real old real quick. Obviously they'll fix prominent bugs and glitches, I imagine we won't be able to climb into Hyjal from Winterspring or any other out of bounds jumps that were around back then. I'm excited for it though, I hope the wait isn't as long as for the expansion. I hope they use this as their pre-expansion boredom killer and it releases a month or two after Antorus is cleared.
    yea idiots and opinions like yours is what will ruin vanilla. why would they destroy the bug to explore hyjal? whats wrong with that? thats a zone that is already on retail and running. one of the fun things in vanilla was getting to these zones and explore them yea i know you can explore em already in retail but they changed them quite abit and they are different from the final release zones.

to the OP, lol its funny because i dont know what did you try to achieve in your post which actually, made me more hyped to play vanilla again. btw im not a dont play retail only vanilla person. i am playing retail and will play both when vanilla comes but fucking leave vanilla as it was wtf is the problem of people? you want to play with all the new stuff then go open a lvl 1 in the retail and thats it. but leave vanilla as vanilla with the ups and downs.

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    Funny. The title says it all : "10 things THAT ARE REMEMBERED ABOUT Vanilla".
    I'm not sure if it's intentional, but the core point is : it's not how Vanilla WAS, but how it's REMEMBERED.

Because it sounds more like a list of clichés than facts. All the false BS we see in each discussion is here ("this classes couldn't do X", "there wasn't enough quests to reach max level" and so on), and it's obvious the guy never played Vanilla himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post
    It's still not entirely true and I did it this year. You ran out of quests only if you:

Or 3 - couldn't figure out where the quests were.

Obviously the amount of non-quests needed differs depending on if you played non-stop or used rested xp; sane people logged out at inns and didn't level 1-60 in one game-session (I certainly didn't - and I don't know if it was even physically possible).

Quote Originally Posted by Forogil View Post
    Or 3 - couldn't figure out where the quests were.
    WoW was my FIRST MMO ever, I disliked to go on the Web to find answers I didn't found myself, and I still could manage it easily. Seems it's more a problem of lazyness than of the game itself.

And I loved the fact that, monthes later, I would still discover new, unknown quests while leveling alt.
    Obviously the amount of non-quests needed differs depending on if you played non-stop or used rested xp; sane people logged out at inns and didn't level 1-60 in one game-session (I certainly didn't - and I don't know if it was even physically possible).
    There was enough quests to reach 60 even without a single rested XP point and without doing a single instance.
    Source : I did it with several char, and I started to play from day 1.

Deleted
    That's ok man, you got called on your BS, just admit you never touched Vanilla and stop copy-pasting forum rumors that are obviously false for anyone who actually know the game. You might actually learn something out of it.
    yeah, I got called on telling the truth. As backed up by people who actually played, as opposed to those that are pretending to have played or are just a bit thick and cant remember reality past the rose tinted glasses.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dergiab View Post

its not quite a simple, you had to do a lot of dungeon content which was not realistic for the majority of hte playerbase, or do absolutely every quest in every zone....which was not really practical give travel times, the non-connected quest system, and way quests were not flagged up.

Sure you can talk about the totally absurd "but its possible", or you can talk about peoples actual experience. I prefer to talk about actual real experience, as thats what people will you know, experience.

As for your last line, well, that sums you up as a person for writing that.

There was enough quests to reach 60 even without a single rested XP point and without doing a single instance.
    Source : I did it with several char, and I started to play from day 1.
    Why on earth did you do this?

Not doing any instance - and not logging out at inns?