Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DeleteMyAccountMMOCSUX View Post
    So no source, and you agree that Retail had a steep decline in subs.

Thank you!
    Everyone knows that WoD had a steep decline in subs. It still retained 4 million people at the last announcement though.
    It had a massive upswing with Legion's release no doubt, and the decline would seem to be far lesser this time considering the continued financial strength of the game and MAUSA going up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    I mean... sure you killed things slowly, but you also killed them surely :P

try leveling a warrior or a rogue, anytime you pulled more than 1 mob, you basically had to use your entire kit not to die.
    I had one of each at 60, basically never experienced that past like lvl 20... Real early on, sure, but once you actually had abilities and werent wearing half white items it was fine.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by time0ut View Post
    I just leveled as a BM hunter two weeks ago starting in garbage WoD PvE gear and wearing just quest items. It was a complete of joke gathering up packs of mobs and nuking them down without any fear of dying.
    BM was always like that tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    I said on Reddit, on the actual r/wow subreddit.
    And?

Official channels > Reddit I'd say.

Classic. It took time and effort. Everything was new back then. The mechanics in place such as resistances and attunements kept you busy. Not to mention other stuff.

Legion. Some things do still take time and effort just over the years it's been made more easily accessible to players.

I don't see an issue with either game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Everyone knows that WoD had a steep decline in subs. It still retained 4 million people at the last announcement though.
    Yes, everyone does know Retail had a steep loss in subscriptions. Why could that be?!?!?

I need a source on your 4 million number. I have not see any official numbers from Blizzard.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion
    "The Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple. offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

Yes, everyone does know Retail had a steep loss in subscriptions. Why could that be?!?!?

I need a source on your 4 million number. I have not see any official numbers from Blizzard.
    The last thing I saw was "legion was slightly above WoD" so like 1m subs? o.o

Because WoD was shit with so little content added beyond release it's a disgrace?

You not seeing the official numbers =/= them not being a fact. The final quarterly report, feel free to dig them out, before they stopped reporting sub numbers was even at 5.2-5.5 million or so. Not my problem if you're so detached from reality that you can't accept that the release of a new expansion + constant content updates tends to result in numbers going up rather than down. :d

Sorry, the recent quarterly reports shows up up UP, not downs.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    So just to be clear, you consider one million players a failure?
    Talking strictly WoW here and comparing it to say MoP where it had 6 or 7m, yeah o-o...

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    So just to be clear, you consider one million players a failure?
    Never understood that....

Games have less players than 1 mil and survive just fine.

The last thing I saw was "legion was slightly above WoD" so like 1m subs? o.o
    The last reported number of WoD was not 1 million though.

Thinking WoW has less than 5 million subs currently is just wishful thinking. I feel bad for you.

Because WoD was shit with so little content added beyond release it's a disgrace?

You not seeing the official numbers =/= them not being a fact. The final quarterly report, feel free to dig them out, before they stopped reporting sub numbers was even at 5.2-5.5 million or so. Not my problem if you're so detached from reality that you can't accept that the release of a new expansion + constant content updates tends to result in numbers going up rather than down. :d

It shows up because so many people had to transfer off of dead realms for $25 per toon lol

Talking strictly WoW here and comparing it to say MoP where it had 6 or 7m, yeah o-o...
    And?

1 million players is more than sustainable. It's been proven with sub games, F2P games and B2P games.

Everquest sustained itself back in the early 2000s with around 300-400k players.

The last reported number of WoD was not 1 million though.

Thinking WoW has less than 5 million subs currently is just wishful thinking. I feel bad for you.
    lmfao!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    And?

1 million players is more than sustainable. It's been proven with sub games, F2P games and B2P games.
    But those games don't have like 300 realms

It shows up because so many people had to transfer off of dead realms for $25 per toon lol
    So this has been the case for every quarterly report, and people spend more time in-game due to that hypothesis of yours as well...?

You're just being silly now.

10+ Year Old Account

Again, you spout a number and fail to provide a source.
    I guess this is expected.
    Push it to the limit

#NoCollusion
    "The Special Counsel did not find that the Trump campaign, or anyone associated with it, conspired or coordinated with the Russian government in these efforts, despite multiple. offers from Russian-affiliated individuals to assist the Trump campaign."

lmfao!!!!!!
    Care to elaborate? Let's see your report stating WoD was at 1 million subs.

lmfao!!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

But those games don't have like 300 realms
    And?

It's still proven that sub 1 million players is a sustainable source of income no matter what the model.

Guild Wars 2, FF14, Everquest in it's prime, Runescape, BDO and ESO are examples.

Number of realms has diddly squat to do with the topic. We are talking about number of players being a sustainable source of income.

So this has been the case for every quarterly report, and people spend more time in-game due to that hypothesis of yours as well...?

You're just being silly now.
    They spend so much time in the game now because wow is full of RNG like Diablo o.o

Again, you spout a number and fail to provide a source.
    I guess this is expected.
    The source is out there for you to find, it's in their quarterly reports.

But, since you don't want facts and just cling to your desperate hope, I did the taxing job of googling for you, you're welcome!

http://files.shareholder.com/downloa...ss_Release.pdf

The last number reported. Not 1 million, and like I've said time and again to you 2 bright minds, we've had an expansion release since then (that sold as many copies as previous expansions where subs climbed to 10 million) with constant content releases.

/pat, there there, it'll be alright. This is a good thing, it means more people for your Classic "not-at-all-Diablo-RNG-style"-servers that the game is doing well overall.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-11-19 at 01:48 AM.