Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

The Complete Classic Intended Experience

The last couple of weeks i’ve been looking at the discussions revolving around Classic WoW.

My adventure started on 11th february 2005 and i’ve played through every major content patch right up until the 2.0 TBC patch which ended the Classic era as we knew and after the expansions were rolled out i started to long back to the days of Classic WoW and thought it would never return and once the announcement for Classic servers came around I was euphoric.

However, as how much as I loved the game I do know that I will NEVER experience the game the same way as I did back then and neither will you.
    Addons have changed, what we know about the game has changed and with this in mind i know that we can never relive the game we all wanted. It is simply not possible and so bringing up the discussion about how we would like to see this version of the game brought back is nothing but fair for everyone.

As a “Classic” WoW player i do believe that QoL changes like LFR, LFD, flying mounts have no place in the Classic experience and should never be brought into Classic WoW. Classic gameplay is tough and rough and it must remain that way
    There is something else on my mind though and if i think far back i remember how i would love to see unfinished parts of the game actually finished and make Classic WoW the game that they originally planned it to be.

That means i am all for finishing the Classic content that was supposed to be in Classic and some of it is already in the game files and can be found in the World of Azeroth. Seeing this brought to life would make my Classic experience how I wanted it back then, rather than already seeing the finish line and knowing that the game will never become what is was actually meant to be.

There is so much content in the game that is unfinished and was supposed to have a place in Classic WoW but was cut due to the massive scope of the game.
    Everything we have seen in Warcraft 3 and the Frozen Throne was supposed to be in Classic WoW.

Just a list of examples of Classic content that was planned to be in the game.

-Azshara Crater
    -The Dragon Isles
    -The Emerald Dream
    -Hellfire Peninsula
    -Karazhan
    -Northrend
    -Black Temple
    -Mt. Hyal
    -Uldum
    -The Caverns of Time

So i pretty like to see Classic WoW brought back to life through the original content progression and after that is done expanded by patches bringing the originally planned content alive in the game without changing the essence of Classic WoW
    What do you guys think about it?

Deleted
    There are discussions of this in other threads and some do, some don't like the idea, I for one am willing. For al means they could open outland content without changing lvlcap, flying etc.

If you want WoW progressed past Classic, Live is where it's at.

Why would they create 2 running versions of the same game, when they can just cater Classic to people wanting that experience, and keep catering the Live game to players wanting progress...?

If the new team is up for it I wouldn't mind to see unused content being used like the ones from that list. But then they should stick to vanilla-like mechanics and no new features that tamper the game to much. A 40-man raid of the Dragon Isles for example where most bosses have a couple of abilities that need to be dealt with.

I think it's best to just create a BC server and give players one free character copy and make them pay for any other characters they wanna copy. I'm saying copy because I would like to keep the lvl 60 on the vanila server, not transfer it. After 2 years, do the same with WoTLK and so on.

You dudes are really going out of whack with changes\suggestions\alterations to the original vanilla experience.

It won't have fucking added content! It won't have development of more content! It will have what it had... i don't understand what you dudes expect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    You dudes are really going out of whack with changes\suggestions\alterations to the original vanilla experience.

It won't have fucking added content! It won't have development of more content! It will have what it had... i don't understand what you dudes expect.
    I am merely suggesting that they finish the content that they started working on after we have relived the Classic WoW experience and continue to build the game to the point they orginally intended it to be.

Quote Originally Posted by Norrio View Post
    I am merely suggesting that they finish the content that they started working on after we have relived the Classic WoW experience and continue to build the game to the point they orginally intended it to be.
    ... They've already "continued to build the game", they released TBC and beyond, you not liking where they took it =/= they should restart and hope they get it right by your standards...

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post

Why would they create 2 running versions of the same game, when they can just cater Classic to people wanting that experience, and keep catering the Live game to players wanting progress...?
    Old School Runescape adds content in the flavour of the game without altering the base systems and it's totally fine. WoW Classic can do the exact same.

Those places made it into the game eventually though. As to when Blizzard wanted to release them, who knows. I remember Blizzard originally having low expectations for WoW initially during development. Higher than EverQuest ... but much lower than the 8 million they had by the end of Vanilla.

If anything content was released faster than expected, given the huge influx of revenue.

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Old School Runescape adds content in the flavour of the game without altering the base systems and it's totally fine. WoW Classic can do the exact same.
    Adding flavour content is an entirely different beast than starting a "reboot" of the franchise that runs separately from the Live game.
    I don't know much about Runescape these days, but seems it's in a different position than WoW overall in terms of new content being released and developed vs old.

Adding flavour content is an entirely different beast than starting a "reboot" of the franchise that runs separately from the Live game.
    I don't know much about Runescape these days, but seems it's in a different position than WoW overall in terms of new content being released and developed vs old.
    Old School Runescape was rebooted from Runescape 3 (Modern Runescape) exactly like Classic WoW is being rebooted now.

Runescape 3 and Old School Runescape have separate development teams and have separate development content. Just like Classic WoW and Live WoW is going to.

Literally the exact same scenario yet Old School Runescape still gets new content added onto it that didn't exist back in it's original existance in 2007.

Thus there is no reason Classic WoW can't do the exact same thing and I'm going to presume Blizzard will adopt this model on the sole fact they are putting money into it and Blizzard being a business will expect their investment to have longevity, which ultimately dies after Naxxramas has been cleared for a while. Exactly the same reason add new content to Old School Runescape.
    Last edited by Radaney; 2017-11-19 at 03:15 AM.

Old School Runescape was rebooted from Runescape 3 (Modern Runescape) exactly like Classic WoW is being rebooted now.

Runescape 3 and Old School Runescape have separate development teams and have separate development content. Just like Classic WoW and Live WoW is going to.

Literally the exact same scenario yet Old School Runescape still gets new content added onto it that didn't exist back in it's original assistance in 2007.
    Rather impressive, although I still imagine the tables being set differently due to the size of each game.

Rather impressive, although I still imagine the tables being set differently due to the size of each game.
    I actually think this example is what actually convinced Blizzard to go through with it, OSRS actually has more players than RS3.

7+ Year Old Account
    Then it wouldnt be classic WoW then.

Getting rid of wall jumping would no longer make it classic.

If you want to go to northrend, play WotLK. Want to go to Karazhan, play TBC

I actually think this example is what actually convinced Blizzard to go through with it, OSRS actually has more players than RS3.
    I don't doubt it, but then again they're different beasts on that front to begin with.

i want it to progress to TBC/Wrath etc.

live isnt what i want, i want tbc and wrath, cuz the difference between them and live is huge.. so is the difference between them and vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    i want it to progress to TBC/Wrath etc.

live isnt what i want, i want tbc and wrath, cuz the difference between them and live is huge.. so is the difference between them and vanilla
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: Give them a finger, they'll take the entire arm and then complain incessantly about not getting the leg as well.

Blizzard really opened Pandora's box here. Soon we'll have people screeching for Cata servers, MoP servers, Pristine WOTLK servers, Pristine Cata servers, Pristine MoP servers, WoD servers "but with the stuff that was cut added to it!" and so on...
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2017-11-19 at 03:25 AM.

Deleted
    One thing most people who don't want anything to change in Classic can agree upon is that the core essence of Classic WoW that was lost through the expansions must be preserved. That means every little gameplay change introduced in TBC and beyond can and should never make it to Classic WoW. Rather than just the content it's the way we played in Classic we all enjoyed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by thealmightymoo View Post
    Then it wouldnt be classic WoW then.

Getting rid of wall jumping would no longer make it classic.

If you want to go to northrend, play WotLK. Want to go to Karazhan, play TBC
    Finishing Classic content in the Classic game will still make it Classic

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Give them a finger, they'll take the entire arm and then complain incessantly about not getting the leg as well.

Blizzard really opened Pandora's box here.
    Shush you, I'm waiting for a Classic:WOD server!