Poll: What are the best dating sites online that you have tried or places to meet singles?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Well Tapas FTW whatever the hell that is.
    Fancy way of saying finger food.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Under Your Spell View Post
    There's a word for that; Prude.
    No there is a word for people who people who make judgments about other people's personal preferences. Obnoxious.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by manbeartruck View Post
    Fancy way of saying finger food.
    Damn that all looks oddly delicious.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Arranged marriages are the way to go from what I’ve heard.

Deleted
    My friends set me up for a blind date, turns out she was literally blind, i guess they kept their word...

Quote Originally Posted by Surgex View Post
    My friends set me up for a blind date, turns out she was literally blind, i guess they kept their word...
    It's not a real blind date if they don't poke your eyes out first.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    My last date went to shit. I have zero experience dating younger girls but I take dates seriously because you know, the girl might end up to be the one I'm going to spend the rest of my life with.
    I met this girl on a dating site and we chatted for a few weeks and got to know each other well before we decided to meet.
    She lives some 70km from me, so I bought flowers and a chocolate and I drove to pick her up and we went to a nice restaurant to eat. Since she was tired and lived 70km from me she decided to sleep over at my place.
    She's 21 so I guess she isn't used to guys pampering her like this. The night ended up with her telling me that she wants to have sex with me to determine if we're compatible because that's how it works for her.
    Oh boy did she hit a nerve. I spent the whole day on her and then she goes "I need sex". Sex is so damn easy with random people that I got annoyed and told her hell no.
    So in the end she accused me of trying to buy her
    Next time I'm buying my date a pizza.
    Bruh wut?

Just sex her up and one hit quitter if that isn't your thing.
    You literally could have had the time of your life with her and had terrible sex and told her to go away. Or you could have had a mediocre time with her and had great sex, and told her to go away.
    This was a win/win/win situation unless she had aids.

- - - Updated - - -

My last first date was Hibachi with M, who I met through this other girl we will call J and wound up having a 3-some with them. If that sounds complicated, trust me it is and continues to be. I still date/relationship with M because she is awesome. M is still friends with J and sees her, and J is a huge shit talker about me. The story between me and J is I met her at a bar, she was pretty cool on the surface, but kind of fucked up. We hooked up once, but after a couple of times going on, there really wasn't any chemistry there, so I never pursued it. Went to a bar with my cousin, who is friends with J I came to find out. J shows up with M. M is like the ultimate cute for me, short, thicc in the right areas, spanish, and drives the same car as me. We hit it off immediately. But I don't pursue anything with her because she is friends with J and I thought it was kind of shitty.

My cousin's g/f wants to go to Atlantic City for her birthday like a month after the bar happens. So we plan and get rooms and my cousin invites J and M, gee thx. They are staying in my room, because I go to AC kind of often and had a bigger room because of rewards and what not (I used points to get my cousin and his g/f into a better room too). I'm completely planning on not touching either. But alcohol becomes a thing and the initial girl, J turns into just the biggest slut I've ever seen. Dancing with every dude she sees, grabbing all up on them, etc... I was already not on the wrong side of the fence about her, and I really hate sloppy drunks. Biggest turn off ever for me. M is not a sloppy drunk, M holds herself together, can still make good decisions when she is drunk, basically a small, big boobed, spanish version of me. To keep this slightly shorter, we confess our needs for eachother's bodies, and go back to the room. Drunkie McDrunkerson was grabbed by my cousin because he is well aware of my lack of patience for crappy drunks and she stays in their room. Until 6am when she just walks out and shows back up at the room we were all staying in. She begins raping me and M (wish I was making this up, but I am not) so I said fuck it and raped back. Which turned into a big mistake of a threesome. I get M's number and talk to her like a week later after all this shit subsides, we go out and it's been pretty good ever since.

This is why you should stick to websites, real life is way fucking weirder when it comes to meeting people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedarion View Post
    Met a guy on Grindr like a month ago. Went out to drink and then ended up @his place. In the morning he told me he is in a "complicated relationship" and lives with his "ex-not-so-ex boyfriend".
    I felt shitty.

We still talk and hang out tho. Is it weird?
    You sound as gay as fuck

Couple weeks ago, she spent the first half an hour bitching about trump so I spent the next half hitting on the waitress. Seriously people, save the politics for facebook. Even when I agree with your opinion I can't think of anything more boring for a first impression.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

The last date i went on was nice. She took me to get giant cupcakes and we had dinner later after hanging out for a while. We met on okcupid. The relationship devolved after that, sadly, with us breaking up after we had different views on what we wanted in life. It was nice while it lasted at least.

That was six months ago. Havent really tried to look since tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post

The last woman I dated was a Scientologist, my friend who is also a Scientologist got me to meet, She was almost a perfect match except for that very goal oriented and worked a nurse. She lived in San Diego though so that's a little far, still keep in touch and talk though.

Follow up:
    What are the best dating sites online that you have tried or places to meet singles?

I like E-Harmony, it is a bit expensive but always great matches, never tried any others, there are events in my town and clubs for that kind of stuff, if I were more serious I would try that, or through common interest or hobbies, like taking a class or something like that.

Also any specific interest in a partner that is a HUGE plus for you? For me it has to be independence and strength and not a people pleaser, but also decent to others.
    Wouldn't her being basically a member of a cult be a huge turnoff for you?

Never.

Do I win a prize?

My last date was 17 years ago and it ended in marriage.

So, terribly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rawhammer View Post
    You sound as gay as fuck
    What gave it away - the Grindr, the casual sex or the fact he's a man who has sex with men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    My last date was 17 years ago and it ended in marriage.

So, terribly.
    Award for best post ever, granted.

But on topic: I don't even know what qualifies as a date anymore. I'm living with my girlfriend. Is it a date if we leave the house together? if I bring home some takeout? If we both decide to call in "sick" to work?

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Like 6-7 years ago or something now. Don't really enjoy being intimate with people. Would rather just go climb or backpacking with people I know.

Never been on a date, even at the age of 30, currently, but then again women scare the hell out of me.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    My last date went to shit. I have zero experience dating younger girls but I take dates seriously because you know, the girl might end up to be the one I'm going to spend the rest of my life with.
    I met this girl on a dating site and we chatted for a few weeks and got to know each other well before we decided to meet.
    She lives some 70km from me, so I bought flowers and a chocolate and I drove to pick her up and we went to a nice restaurant to eat. Since she was tired and lived 70km from me she decided to sleep over at my place.
    She's 21 so I guess she isn't used to guys pampering her like this. The night ended up with her telling me that she wants to have sex with me to determine if we're compatible because that's how it works for her.
    Oh boy did she hit a nerve. I spent the whole day on her and then she goes "I need sex". Sex is so damn easy with random people that I got annoyed and told her hell no.
    So in the end she accused me of trying to buy her
    Next time I'm buying my date a pizza.
    Dude, matting and pairing up is all instincts and biology, you tried too hard, and it's important to have sex and find comparability. Just try less and you will do better, things will fall into place

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dontrike View Post
    Never been on a date, even at the age of 30, currently, but then again women scare the hell out of me.
    Wouldn't have guessed

15+ Year Old Account
    In this thread:

People with 5,000+ posts on a video game forum rag on people with no dating life.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Wouldn't have guessed
    I know, right.

Dontrike/Shadow Priest/Black Cell Faction Friend Code - 5172-0967-3866

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Wouldn't her being basically a member of a cult be a huge turnoff for you?
    It didn’t come up. I try the be open minded. I’ve known Dan, Mike and Jerry nearly 20 Years. I’m a Lutheran I’ve never joined because my faith is incompatible with Scientology. They know that we’re still friends and Dan set us up. So it’s known that has nothing to do with me. Thus I’m sure that’s why it wouldn’t come up.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2017-11-19 at 01:47 PM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis