Page 1 of 2
LastLast

So The Incredibles II has a Teaser Trailer now.

I really hope that they don't dedicate too much time on a "baby goes on an adventure" sequence, because I really hate that trope and would rather the movie take place a few years after the events of the first movie instead of right after it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, I was kind've hoping that it would move forwards in real time, with the kids fully grown (and maybe some grandkids). OH WELL!

It feels like its been 10 years since the first one. wtf with it taking so long

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    It has been since 2004, which makes it 13 years since the first one.

I guess Pixar's formula for success is waiting at least a decade to release a sequel to one of it's original films. The one series in which Pixar released sequels in a more traditional way was Cars, and we all know how that went...

Edit: Well, I guess Toy Story 2 only took a few years, but that was a long time ago. Times change.
    Last edited by Varolyn; 2017-11-18 at 08:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    They probably didn't see a need for it until the superhero scene took off again.

Who knows. It is good timing though considering how big Marvel hit onto the scene, and since its not live action, it still can draw in even those who are tired of seeing "another superhero movie" possibly.

I do wish it could release faster though. I love the first movie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Neat, been looking forward to this for years. I'm still sad they killed off the villain in the original though, I loved that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    Neat, been looking forward to this for years. I'm still sad they killed off the villain in the original though, I loved that guy.
    We have no evidence he's dead,the interaction of the babies powers+adrenaline of being near death+ lots of jet fuel could have made him a super,cause you know, comic logic.

Why didn't they make a sequel sooner? I thought the end of the first one was a fine lead into a second movie with the mole guy.

I kind of don't want this to happen because the first movie was perfect and I feel like they could only mess it up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Why didn't they make a sequel sooner? I thought the end of the first one was a fine lead into a second movie with the mole guy.
    Could be many things. They didn't see the need to make another, couldn't get all the original actors back, had other projects as a priority.

They used the Underminer for the video game.

Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Not sure the mole guy would have been a compelling story.

'Bout damn time, finally a sequel from Pixar that isn't unnecessary. I'm lookin' at you, Cars and Planes.

It's one of the best superhero movies ever. If they can capture even a fragment of the first into the second it will be good.

10+ Year Old Account
    In 2009, the website of William F. Buckley’s magazine National Review named Pixar Animation Studio’s superhero film “The Incredibles” the #2 Best Conservative Movie of The Last 25 Years.

One of two things is going to happen with the sequel. They will either continue the conservatism that made the first film great or they will attempt to undermine that film with leftist ideas in the sequel.

10+ Year Old Account
    *whispers* Please be good. Please be good. Please be good.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Yeah, keep trying to make children's movies about politics.
    That could very well be what the sequel does.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    I guess Pixar's formula for success is waiting at least a decade to release a sequel to one of it's original films. The one series in which Pixar released sequels in a more traditional way was Cars, and we all know how that went...
    I dunno why you hate on cars but 1+3 where great and 2 was ok.

hopefully this will be as good as 1 was

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Considering you have to work really hard to twist the first into having any political message? Yeah...
    Didn't have to work hard at all. It's all right there.