Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/15/chin...4-minutes.html

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/11/15/chin...4-minutes.html

Wow hopefully nobody starts a war with China because this could turn ugly. Interesting how they spend so much less on the military yet are so advanced.
    China’s military, for one, is the army of the CCP. China doesn’t have an army. It belongs to the communist party.
    That said, it’s not advanced. At all. Their army has numbers, but no technology. They can’t even fit their personally into their tanks. The PLA is shit.

From what I read is that they didn't "build it".. They are GOING to build it. They have only successfully done mach 5-10 while the US tested mach 20 but it only lasted a few minutes before crashing back in 2011.. I think the US is still way farther ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatAgain666 View Post
    Well iam talking about western countries and countries that have significance (IE has mineral worth or economic worth)

Nobody will ever try to invade the US, Russia, China, UK or any EU country or middle east country of any significance as for the rest nobody gives a flying fuck about as long as they can give money so we can give them weapons.

Way of the world unfortunately
    I don't understand what you mean. Every country has economic and mineral value. And saying nobody gives a fuck about smaller countries doesn't make sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    China’s military, for one, is the army of the CCP. China doesn’t have an army. It belongs to the communist party.
    That said, it’s not advanced. At all. Their army has numbers, but no technology. They can’t even fit their personally into their tanks. The PLA is shit.

I'm not sure about that. I read that their missiles are so advanced that they make the multi billion dollar carriers obsolete.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure about that. I read that their missiles are so advanced that they make the multi billion dollar carriers obsolete.
    Indeed.

I love when China goes on about how carriers are a useless waste of money that can easily be sunk... As they try to build a fleet of carriers.

Or how Russia goes on about how stealth fighters are a useless waste of money that can easily be shot down... As they try to build a fleet of stealth fighters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah. Their military is still better than half the worlds but would be no match for most NATO members.

Giving credit where its due, China is good at playing catch up and a decent enough industrial complex to fuel its war machine. That missile you're talking about, its another nuisance to look out for but other posters can go on about why its not strong as China tells the press.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    Believe it when you see it, so far no one has seen any of these wonder weapons.
    Hyper sonic missiles China has had them for awhile man.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    Military power is obsolete now its all about economic and cyber power now!

Any tin pot country can make nukes now its all about economic power and cyber power to manipulate opinion and to attack infrastructure!
    and again north korea is leading the forefront on cybercrime. guess who was behind the wannacry hacks? north korea. also having an advanced electronic based society would be a drawback in a age where emps can take those out. leaving guess who to just move in and take over.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

15+ Year Old Account
    Then do some more reading about the DF-21D and note that it has never even been tested against a moving target let alone one moving and using all its countermeasures I remember reading about the DF-21D when it first made the news about it being this great weapon that will make carriers a thing of the past but then it faded for the reasons above in theory its a great weapon but it has issues.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    and again north korea is leading the forefront on cybercrime. guess who was behind the wannacry hacks? north korea. also having an advanced electronic based society would be a drawback in a age where emps can take those out. leaving guess who to just move in and take over.
    Thats why they are doing it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaniac17 View Post
    I don't understand what you mean. Every country has economic and mineral value. And saying nobody gives a fuck about smaller countries doesn't make sense.
    Nobody will go to war over somalia or fucking Myanmar/Burma even though they are doing there own ethnic cleansing!!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Nah. Their military is still better than half the worlds but would be no match for most NATO members.
    The thing about China seems to be that their high-end is very good but their low-end is so low and is the vast majority.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    That missile you're talking about, its another nuisance to look out for but other posters can go on about why its not strong as China tells the press.
    I agree with this statement for reasons stated in my response to Tenn
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Weren’t their already countries with weapons that could strike the US “in mins” half a century ago?

Quote Originally Posted by Saninicus View Post
    Well when it comes to rockets always assume one thing. It'll explode. Most of the power is used up escaping the first few layers of the atmosphere. Bypass that using scram jets and, hey the rest should be easy.
    Atmospheric drag is not a significant factor and neither is the distance you save if you were able to launch at 70,000 feet up. The fuel is being spent on the acceleration of a massive object. Also the gravity up at 70,000 feet is about the same as it is at the surface so no savings there either. The biggest savings you can get is by reducing weight. This is why rockets are multistage.

Of course if your objective isn't orbital velocity then something like the virgin galactic ship makes more sense where the first stage is an air breathing vehicle.

Scram Jets travel horizontally through the atmosphere and they have an operational speed window. So they need to be accelerated to their operational speed by some other means. They also have a very low thrust to weight ratio. This means they will not accelerate very quickly in comparison to a rocket. One major advantage they have is they do not need to carry an oxidizer which potentially can make them lighter.

With that said I think there's a lot we don't know about scram jets and calculating how efficient they could be is really tough. We haven't actually built one that operates for more than a few minutes. Unlike rockets you can't test them on the ground. That is why these expensive high speed wind tunnels are needed.

Deleted
    China couldn't win a war anyway, US, EU, Japan would annihilate both China and Russia at the same time.

- - - Updated - - -

Propaganda. Chinese military isn't going to do much, it's very outdated, they aren't solid when it comes to strategy and they are far behind in technology. Not to mention they can't even afford a proper military right now, they're quite near the edge of bankruptcy and it's only going to get worse for them in the next few years.

Clickbait title is clickbait.

Thats why they are doing it

- - - Updated - - -

Nobody will go to war over somalia or fucking Myanmar/Burma even though they are doing there own ethnic cleansing!!
    Really? Nobody? Are you just calling them nobody? What about the United States are they nobody too? Perhaps you've seen the movie Black Hawk Down? The U.S. has a long history of military operations in North Africa.

BTW

"Somalia has untapped reserves of numerous natural resources, including uranium, iron ore, tin, gypsum, bauxite, copper, salt and natural gas. Due to its proximity to the oil-rich Gulf Arab states such as Saudi Arabia and Yemen, the nation is also believed to contain substantial unexploited reserves of oil."

Just because it's a small country doesn't mean it's a worthless place that "nobody" cares about. You may not care about it but somebody does.

If that were even remotely true, then why is China investing in building their own aircraft carriers?

Did it ever occur to you that China says shit to try and make their military look more advanced than it actually is? Of course not. You're the guy who believes anything he reads on CNBC.com at face value.

That depends on what you mean by low. Scram Jets don't have an oxidizer so they rely on compressed air being forced through the engine to keep running. This means that they can only run in the lower atmosphere.
    Scramjet vehicles travel in the upper atmosphere. The X-43 test vehicle, for example, is released from its rocket booster at 95,000 feet, which is above ~99% of the atmosphere.

They also don't highly compress the air flowing through them. That's the whole point of the "SC" part. The air is slightly slowed and compressed, but still is supersonic throughout the engine.
    Last edited by Osmeric; 2017-11-19 at 05:25 AM.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by foofoocuddlypoopz View Post
    Hyper sonic missiles China has had them for awhile man.
    Are you sure you do not confuse supersonic (Mach 1 +) and hyper sonic (Mach 5 +) Sure they have rockets like ICBM that is hyper sonic but you normaly do not call them hyper sonic missiles.

So what is the name of this Hyper sonic missiles system?

Really? Nobody? Are you just calling them nobody? What about the United States are they nobody too? Perhaps you've seen the movie Black Hawk Down? The U.S. has a long history of military operations in North Africa.

[/B]
    Yes i have seen that movie and that is the reason the US wont touch that place with a barge pole!

and neither will any other country!

Its much better to extract minerals in the ocean where nobody can lay claim or take it from shitty countries with easy to control dictators than to make the mistake of meddling in a unstable country!