Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Have new graphics on by default, let ppl chose to turn em off.

Easy.
    Oh boy, I expect a purist war against this thread any moment now...let them turn new graphics off by default if that ever becomes a possibility, don't wanna see purists having heart attacks...

10+ Year Old Account
    that's not vanilla so no
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Part of the classic experience is the classic visuals. "HD graphics" is also an extremely vague term. I can play vanilla at 1440p ultrawide without any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Echohunter View Post
    Nope. Part of the classic experience is the classic visuals. "HD graphics" is also an extremely vague term. I can play vanilla at 1440p ultrawide without any issues.
    OK, you play it the with the classic visuals then. I am asking Blizzard, along with tens of thousands of people like myself, to add an option for us to play with enhanced graphics. Thanks for your comment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, as is, nothing more.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    The whole point of Classic WoW is nostalgia. Having an entirely different aesthetic to what vanilla WoW had defeats the purpose. No.

No. You wanted vanilla, play vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Old graphics had it's charm on small shoddy low resolution screens but had to be updated going forward. It'll be necessary to update it for most players to bother enduring classic going forward.
    Players for whom it's "necessary to update it", are exactly the players who wouldn't really fit on a classic server anyway. They miss the entire point of classic servers.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Have new graphics on by default, let ppl chose to turn em off.

Easy.
    Nobody is forcing you to use a flying mount. You can still use a ground mount and stay on the ground.

...wait, wrong thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Janaa View Post
    Players for whom it's "necessary to update it", are exactly the players who wouldn't really fit on a classic server anyway. They miss the entire point of classic servers.
    You mistakenly assume that there is a single coherent "point" to classic servers. Which is objectively wrong.

Even among the most direhard of purists, the purpose of classic is not consistent. Some people want it to be able to clear content they never had the chance to on live Vanilla. Some people want it for an mmo with a good sense of community. Some people want it to relive old memories of leveling through pre-Cata zones. Some people want it for long drawn out AV and world PvP potential.

Pretty silly to try and pretend one is more valid than the other. I spent hundreds of hours RPing in Stormwind, Goldshire, Darnassus, etc on my small RP realm during Vanilla. I remember the buildings and trees and hills and fences very fondly, and look forward to revisiting them in Classic. But I would love even more to revist them with higher res textures.

I think better textures have the potential to make the entire experience much better. To make towns comfier, to make dungeons more intimidating. I think higher density rocks on the ground and the denser grass that you can walk through (the Wod grass tech) would make zones like Westfall and the Barrens absolutely magical. Molten core with ground textures that aren't stretched super wide and pixelated would be far more serious feeling.

Appealing to the nostalgia of having seen an exact texture before is pretty cheap compared to reliving that feeling of seeing something for the first time you get with a HD graphical update--and people who want that older look can easily toggle for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, better graphics are just a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by Janaa View Post
    Nobody here said it's necessary. Please do not invent things. We're simply asking to see done what has been done by every company in the past including Blizzard themselves: Make a remastered version of their classic WoW game, except in this case we're saying to keep the old look on by default and do not change animations. We are also purists, we want no changes, ZERO changes to the original game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Why do you want to play a 2004 game with 2017 assets / models? Play retail if you need the new shiny things. Vanilla should be untouched in terms of graphics.
    Should we also play on 2004 computers and with 5 Mbps connections?

Stop with those dumb arguments.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    on private servers you have to change your client in order to have new or old ones...

and on live servers they for some reason dont have that option btw.. why?
    You have that option but there's a chance you'll get busted for ''hacking''. Which is why Blizz needs to support the new models.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Or they can just make the servers with people wanting Classic in mind rather than for people wanting "Classic, however..."...

New models don't just have HD textures, they also have new animations that were not in Classic.
    You can import them without the animations. Plenty private servers/modders have done that. Those WoD models work flawlessly on Vanilla/TBC/WOTLK/CATA/MOP.

Or they can just make the servers with people wanting Classic in mind rather than for people wanting "Classic, however..."...
    Or you can stop being ignorant and realise this isn't going to be 100% legit Vanilla relaunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Warchief94 View Post
    Give me 1 good reason as to why an option for higher resolution graphics is a "shitty alteration"? Does it change the graphics for you if you wish to play with the old ones? Nope. Does it change the gameplay in any way? Nope. Would you even know if I had the new ones on? Nope.

There's this huge rhetoric from people like you that deem any changes as bad. Anything that changes gameplay is bad, graphics which are a client side option is not one of those.
    You already have higher quality graphics, that's the fucking point.

Why try to push new aspects of the game, be it graphics, animations, balance, features or anything else to ruin what classic was. Just play the live version, its all fucking there.

Don't bring your personal preferences (or delusions in some cases shown on the forums) to an already existing product that people have asked for years, in its existing state, without tweaks and changes, regardless of how small.

Play LEGION, the graphics are fucking amazing buddy.

It's like, people asked for VANILLA. We didn't ask for VANILLA IF <insert random change implemented here>.

That’s the point?

They’re not updating the entire old world and every dungeon with HD textures and models. You’re delusional if you think they are.

The only thing they could release are the updated playable character models. But quite frankly they would look stupid af in outdated vanilla armor.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post

Why try to push new aspects of the game, be it graphics, animations, balance, features or anything else to ruin what classic was. Just play the live version, its all fucking there.

Don't bring your personal preferences (or delusions in some cases shown on the forums) to an already existing product that people have asked for years, in its existing state, without tweaks and changes, regardless of how small.

It's like, people asked for VANILLA. We didn't ask for VANILLA IF <insert random change implemented here>.
    If you want to make a point, please do so as a civilized adult, no need to be so aggressive and impolite. We have already discussed why we want such an addition to classic in responses made to others on this post.

Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post

It theoretically yields no advantage or disadvantage to either player and only affects the end user.

And before you scream “the community has been asking for this for years” this product is not just for them. My desires to re-experience “vanilla” are different from yours yet we would have the same level of access. For me, I enjoyed the old questlines.

Please stop telling people they are “wrong” for voicing their desires. Their opinion is JUST AS VALID as yours.

In the end though, however they implement it I’ll give it a go.
    You come from the greatest country in the world. Act like it.

Disagree.

1) It's not Vanilla.
    2) It will take longer for them to develop it. Would rather play Vanilla by 2019, not fucking 2024.
    3) Play retail WoW if you like graphics.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I think they should be left out, to differentiate WoW Classic from contemporary WoW. I think there is a lot of charm in the shitty old models, even though they are undoubtedly shitty. Unless Blizzard decides that they are going for a Vanilla Remastered approach, with balanced classes and small QOL features, I think we should be stuck with the classic models.
    Does it hurt you in any way if people run on updated graphics if you have the option to play at 100% vanilla look?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    Disagree.

1) It's not Vanilla.
    2) It will take longer for them to develop it. Would rather play Vanilla by 2019, not fucking 2024.
    1) If there's an option for you to play like vanilla, then it's vanilla enough
    2) By what logic? It doesn't take them more than a day or two to implement the new models since they have already been done for retail wow...
    3) No? Why can't people like vanilla gameplay and retail graphics?
    For the [enter opposing faction here]

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    Disagree.

1) It's not Vanilla.
    Unlike you, we are not ordering others by telling them to play this or that instead of what they are hoping to see available as an option. Also, you are only making an assumption that it would delay the release of the game. The graphics, for the most part, already exist in the game. That's how some players on private servers have been able to switch to updated graphics on vanilla running on illegal servers. You can check out how it looks on youtube if you want, there are many videos of players showing it and are happy about it because they'd already spent years playing it on old graphics and it's just a way for them to enjoy it differently and, when they wanna see the original graphics, they do so by switching back to old graphics. It's just that they need to do so by manually renaming file names in the data folder since there is no option to toggle it on or off.