Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ya me 2 and to be honest With the way they build the last 2 episodes it made me think he was going to die
    I never thought they'd go THAT far, but I think it was clear from the start that this WASN'T going to be a "Everyone lives happily ever after" type ending, which would have really ruined the show for me.

Also: HOLY SHIT, the way he dealt with Billy was fucking brutal. They managed to give Frank the "No, I'm not going to kill you, I'm better than that!" hero ending, yet somehow make that seem like a WORSE punishment for the villain. I started to get kinda bored with the CONSTANT references to how "pretty" Billy was. Now I know the pay-off though, it makes it all work so well.

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Part of the appeal with Punisher for me was that he was a normal guy in a world of supers, doing what needed to be done.
    Yeah, I love his line from DD2 "When you put them down, they get back up. When I put them down THEY STAY DOWN!" He understands that sometimes, you need to be THAT guy, that does the bad thing, for a good reason.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Best Netflix/Marvel series to date.

Won't spoil the ending but if they decided to not do a season 2 then that's great and it ended perfect.
    Well there's a possibility they won't do a Season 2 not by choice, but because Disney is starting to revoke their licenses to other companies so they can do more in-house and if Disney wants to do it's own streaming service that's more of a reason why they wouldn't want Netflix using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Bit of a slog getting through this one, tbh. I hate the FBI storyline and the acting is TERRIBLE. Jesus Christ on a goddamn stick, the acting is atrocious.

Edit: Except for Bernthal and Micro. They're gold. Everyone else has to stop working in the business immediately.
    Completely disagree. Everyone was great.

Deleted
    Bit of a slog getting through this one, tbh. I hate the FBI storyline and the acting is TERRIBLE. Jesus Christ on a goddamn stick, the acting is atrocious.

Edit: Except for Bernthal and Micro. They're gold. Everyone else has to stop working in the business immediately.
    You mean Homeland Security?

What's terrible? Everything is good, from Lewis & Curt to everyone from all departments and to obviously Punisher & Micro (Loved this duo, you can see they slowly started to become friends overtime). I only found Maria a bit over the top happiness, but I guess this is how we see it through Castle's eyes so I can let it slip.

I was kinda waiting for Lewis to get connected to Punisher, took a long time, but it was worth it.

I was prepared to watch the show simply due to loving Jon Bernthal. His intensity, his voice, his ability to play the nice guy as well as the downright shitbag. I've loved the actor for a long time, but he tends to always play roles where he's either a side character or dies quite early on.

But then I saw his take on the character in Daredevil (a show I don't care much for), and I'm now hooked on the show because I wanna see what happens to Frank Castle. Jon Bernthal was a perfect choice to play him, no doubt about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Well there's a possibility they won't do a Season 2 not by choice, but because Disney is starting to revoke their licenses to other companies so they can do more in-house and if Disney wants to do it's own streaming service that's more of a reason why they wouldn't want Netflix using it.
    From what I read, the current shows licensed to Netflix are safe, there just won't be any NEW series/characters licensed to Netflix. And to be honest, Disney getting creative control over the Punisher would be terrible for the exact same reason that they better not buy Fox: they would absolutely RUIN Deadpool if everything had to be approved by the Mouse.

Disney needs to understand that not everything should be under its logo. Certain things need to have the freedom to go pitch-black dark and be only appropriate for adults, and the Punisher is one of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, no, the acting was fine. I don't know what you're being all snobby about, but it was good overall.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    I never thought they'd go THAT far, but I think it was clear from the start that this WASN'T going to be a "Everyone lives happily ever after" type ending, which would have really ruined the show for me.

Also: HOLY SHIT, the way he dealt with Billy was fucking brutal. They managed to give Frank the "No, I'm not going to kill you, I'm better than that!" hero ending, yet somehow make that seem like a WORSE punishment for the villain. I started to get kinda bored with the CONSTANT references to how "pretty" Billy was. Now I know the pay-off though, it makes it all work so well.
    Ya all of that was great

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    I doubt Disney revokes there License with Netflix. They could but I think it will be a good while before they do and Disney doesn't do anything "Adult" like netflix. So I don't see them doing these shows on there streaming service.

But that's just my opinion I could be wrong since I'm not Disney...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    Yeah, no, the acting was fine. I don't know what you're being all snobby about, but it was good overall.
    Disagree. The acting from most of the support cast was terrible.

The woman, Madani or whatever, had the same reaction shot for every scene. Her partner delivered dialogue at the level of a off network television show- and he also had the same 2-3 reaction shots in just about every scene.

The guy who played Jigsaw stretched out Os and the gr sound intentionally in every scene to sell gravitas. He pauses after every elongated e and i sound.

Real amature stuff.

Disagree. The acting from most of the support cast was terrible.

The woman, Madani or whatever, had the same reaction shot for every scene. Her partner delivered dialogue at the level of a off network television show- and he also had the same 2-3 reaction shots in just about every scene.

The guy who played Jigsaw stretched out Os and the gr sound intentionally in every scene to sell gravitas. He pauses after every elongated e and i sound.

Real amature stuff.
    And I disagree. Mudani was fine, she seemed like a normal person. They all came off as "just a guy", no different than anyone you'd interact with in everyday life. They didn't overact or underact.

As for the guy playing Russo, really? You're criticizing the guy on how he PRONOUNCES things?

I thought it was really good. It wasn't just that it did a good job of finishing the story line started in DD2 but it also went down some unexpected paths. I'm honestly surprised to see the way it ended.

I was tempted to shit all over it because of no Rosario Dawson but I figure I'll save my trolling for later.

Man, what a ride. That was a great series.

Quote Originally Posted by jimboa24 View Post
    And I disagree.
    I like pizza.

As for the guy playing Russo, really? You're criticizing the guy on how he PRONOUNCES things?
    Of course. It's a deliberate acting choice to make his character sound more menacing. It's an common technique and can be done well or poorly. Like all acting. This was poor.

I'm really not seeing many positive reviews for the supporting acting in this thing after replying to your comment.

I like pizza.

Of course. It's a deliberate acting choice to make his character sound more menacing. It's an common technique and can be done well or poorly. Like all acting. This was poor.

I'm really not seeing many positive reviews for the supporting acting in this thing after replying to your comment.
    Or it's just an accent the character has and has nothing to do with making him sound menacing at all. There is a difference between acting that is serviceable, and acting that is horrible and piss poor. The worst acting in the Punisher was serviceable. None of it was awful, and claiming that it was just makes your opinion into hyperbole. If you want to see REAL shitty acting, there's countless Z-grade movies I can point you to.

Currently in episode 4, liking it so far. It is rather dark and gritty, and deals primary with vets just like Cage dealt with blacks and Harlem.
    Still, i understand if it is not everyones cup o' tea.
    It soundly beats anything Iron Fist has, but that is sadly no big thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I'm fine with a mafia. Of course, the mafia families often worked with independent third parties in order to maintain relations.

Deleted
    I enjoyed it. It didn't to the Marvel Netflix thing of getting rid of the main villain and changing them halfway which always annoys me so that's nice. Set up Jigsaw well. I'm annoyed it didn't get with him continuing to be Punisher since any season 2 will need to start with making take up the mantle again.

Like all the Marvel Netflix shows it should be like a 6 episode run. they drag when they have 13 epsiodes
    Last edited by mmoc8d6f890807; 2017-11-19 at 01:38 PM.

Anyone miss Clair Temple not being in it ?

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    I really don't think I would have appreciated the evolution in Frank and Micro's friendship if it was only 6 episodes.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, she's my favorite supporting character of them all. She's awesome.

I think it would be hard to fit her in though with someone as violent as the punisher in an organic way like they did with the other defenders.
    6 was an arse pull admittedly but they need to be shorter. It wasn't as big an issue in this one but Iron Fist, Daredevil and Luke Cage all had periods in the middle were not a lot happened. Episode 1 didn't need to be exist we don't always need the Hero giving up but being dragged in back plot lines.

I really don't think I would have appreciated the evolution in Frank and Micro's friendship if it was only 6 episodes.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, she's my favorite supporting character of them all. She's awesome.

I think it would be hard to fit her in though with someone as violent as the punisher in an organic way like they did with the other defenders.
    Wouldnt be hard to fit her in when you have Micro doing some computer-fu to find her or even better Karen could of brought her in after seeing Frank almost die.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    I could see it working with like 8-10 episodes for sure. I was expecting it to end around episode 10, and it could have.
    Agreed that seems like a better shout. You can remove the twenty year old vet stuff, though it wasn't a bad story line in itself it detracted from the main plot alot.

Annoyed me Karen never brought up Matt's 'death' and never seemed particularly saddened by it. Frank knew both Matt and Daredevil think it would have been mentioned

Deleted
    Forgive me if I am wrong, but this takes place 3 years after the Defenders doesn't it?
    Does it? I just assuming the timeline moves forward as we watch the TV shows. Out of interest where did you get that information?