Poll: How would you like to see Paragon Chests in the future?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Reputation mounts and Paragon Chests

So with BfA coming obviously new reputations. In Legion they did not add the traditional mount as an exalted reward. Instead it became a carrot on a stick and incentive to keep gaining reputation for paragon chests with a fairly low drop rate. Even months after you could just never see the mount you really want after dozens of chests. It creates a very frustrating experience due to RNG.

Going forward what would you like to see? Paragon chests removed entirely? Or kept as they are? I propose a third way. Paragon chests are a good incentive to keep gaining reputation after hitting exalted. But mounts should not be locked behind them. It could be items like Cube of Discovery of Nathrezim Tome of manipulation should be there as an incentive instead to help your alts out. Or it could be another reward, feel free to suggest any below!

http://www.wowhead.com/item=153127/cube-of-discovery
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=153114/n...f-manipulation
    Last edited by Therougetitan; 2017-11-19 at 02:35 AM.

Both the Tome and Cube are utterly useless because they stop working at 110, meaning the only AP you get is unaffected by AK and the minimal amount of rep you get pre-110 gets increased a tiny bit(if you use a lot of rep tokens, the Tome can actually have a tiny amount of use, although you'd have to save them up and use them before 110, which is a silly mechanic). I do kinda like the paragon chests, although I don't think they should replace rep mounts/toys entirely(which they almost did in Legion), they should give additional rewards/a way to save some gold(getting the mount through paragon chests instead of paying 10k, for example)
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-11-19 at 02:26 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Both the Tome and Cube are utterly useless because they stop working at 110, meaning the only AP you get is unaffected by AK and the minimal amount of rep you get pre-110 gets increased a tiny bit(if you use a lot of rep tokens, the Tome can actually have a tiny amount of use, although you'd have to save them up and use them before 110, which is a silly mechanic). I do kinda like the paragon chests, although I don't think they should replace rep mounts/toys entirely(which they almost did in Legion), they should give additional rewards/a way to save some gold(getting the mount through paragon chests instead of paying 10k, for example)
    Agreed the concept of paragon chests is good but pulled off badly. The Cube/tome thing was more of a personal suggestion of mine - it could be anything. Your idea is good though could just have paragon chests give more gold overall. If it was a chance of getting the mount from a paragon chest people could fall into the trap of not buying it from the vendor and missing out on it for a long while.

The paragon system seriously discouraged playing on alts. I was not a fan.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drilnos View Post
    The paragon system seriously discouraged playing on alts. I was not a fan.
    Shit, that is how I got some mounts faster, alternating exalted rep boxes on my monk and paladin. Still no Nightfallen carpet or fox mounts though.

Now I have to tackle Argus with this month resub I did recently. I'll be doing that on my warrior and paladin this time.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

Deleted
    Paragon rep rewards was one of worst ideas in Legion. Does it make content more exciting? Nope. Its same dailies, done 1000 times, just extra reward to encourage playing "content" instead of realising Legion is nothing but massive dull repetitive grind and unsubbing. Mounts and toys being random rep rewards is like saying "f** you" to all collectors.

Its one of reasons why I unsubscribed and why I won't be purchasing BfA.

Shady f2p game tactics to "encourage" customers to keep playing have gone too far. Want people to be subscribed for longer? Create better content, not 1 minute long "world" quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Still no Nightfallen carpet or fox mounts though.
    That's the only 2 mounts I got. Haven't got anything else. WTS!
    Last edited by mmocbeba583bd0; 2017-11-19 at 07:56 AM.

I hate the paragon rep system. Bring back the old way of getting rep mounts.

MoP is still the golden age of mounts.

My biggest issue is the drop rate seems rather low for the activity. I have been preparing alts to sent order hall rep tokens to my main for quick rep gains though.
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Holy fuck. If we banned everyone that simply posted for attention-whoring purposes half the site would go dark.

We already got some recipes and mogs that you only got from exalted with old factions, didn't need any bigger incentive if you want to grind rep with alts

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    With current system paragon chests make more sense. And I speak as person that isn't really lucky with them (got only Nighfallen so far, and I do mission table and clear emissary since 7.2).

In the past: there is a rep -> there are rewards gated by this rep -> we spam all daily quest until we reach that goal -> we are done. Mount is clear goal, we work toward that goal and it feel rewarding.

Now: every day we get new emissary with 3 days duration -> we do world quest and emissary for stuff like AP, resources, gear, gold and most important - legendary -> rep is by-product, never a goal -> after you reach exalted, nothing change - you won't stop doing emissary.

So I don't think mount for simply geting exalted would feel rewarding at all. For example I don't really give a shit about Argussian mounts. Army of the Light mount is different beast, because it's not just rep, you also must gain 500k gold, and this is a clear goal - you farm gold specific for this mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Turbotef View Post
    Still no Nightfallen carpet or fox mounts though.
    The sadest thing is: I have both twice, (both with main and again with alt*) but none of the others. *Got the mission for the fox but never started it a second time.

I'd rather have the old option (buy for rep and maybe some faction related emblems) then some random stuff. That is something I can look forward to and start 'working' on it, when I want to invest the time in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    I hate the paragon rep system. Bring back the old way of getting rep mounts.

MoP is still the golden age of mounts.
    Much agreed there. MoP was great then they added too many mounts in WoD. Then they try to solve it by going to the extreme. I want that happy MoP middle ground again.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    With current system paragon chests make more sense. And I speak as person that isn't really lucky with them (got only Nighfallen so far, and I do mission table and clear emissary since 7.2).

In the past: there is a rep -> there are rewards gated by this rep -> we spam all daily quest until we reach that goal -> we are done. Mount is clear goal, we work toward that goal and it feel rewarding.

Now: every day we get new emissary with 3 days duration -> we do world quest and emissary for stuff like AP, resources, gear, gold and most important - legendary -> rep is by-product, never a goal -> after you reach exalted, nothing change - you won't stop doing emissary.

So I don't think mount for simply geting exalted would feel rewarding at all. For example I don't really give a shit about Argussian mounts. Army of the Light mount is different beast, because it's not just rep, you also must gain 500k gold, and this is a clear goal - you farm gold specific for this mount.
    I agree partly. I feel paragon chests should exist because emissaries are confirmed to continue to exist. But they could offer something else from paragon chests. I think a big issue is currently hitting exalted has no large reward. Even revered gave a toy/progress to flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Despite being a mount/toy/pet whore myself with 377 mounts collected. I simply gave up. At this point, the RNG is just too painful for me to keep going. I got the nightfallen mount 4 times without getting any of the other mounts. Keep in mind that i did over 10k world quests through the course of the expansion.

This doesn’t mean i hate RNG. But there should be a fail cap to be fair. I was running heroic dragon soul for 4 years and i still didn’t get any of the 3 mounts.

No whining intended.
    I'm around 360 myself. I can't blame you for giving up. Even after months of even doing dozens of quests daily I'm still missing 3 mounts.

A good middle ground would be to have some mounts unlocked at exalted and an extra special rep mount that will be rng based (aka pargon) and the rest unchanged, toys, transmog and whatever can be bought

Madness will consume you!!!

I think reputations needed to have a bit of a re-examining. Some sort of combo from all expansions.
    They should be max level content.
    With story/quests unlocking as you progress.
    At exulted there are a couple pieces of decent gear to help bridge the gap between dungeons and normal mode raiding (LFR gear?)
    At exulted you get a mount/pet.
    At exulted the tabard is purchasable which allows you to dungeon grind to exulted on alts, so you have to grind normal way at least once.
    Paragon chests past exalted should have more than one carrot on a stick, faction themed mog set, different colors of said mount, pets, toys; all with a slightly higher drop chance. And when the next expac is closer to release, drop chance gets really so you aren’t still grinding past the expansions life-cycle.

Keep Paragons. Bring back exalted mounts. Have Paragons reward recolours of the exalted mount (or an entirely different model). Make reputations AND paragons account-wide. This way you won't have to choose between spending your time (or BoA rep tokens) on your alt or main, play any character you wish and it will contribute to your account's reputation and paragon. You get content longetivity (paragon is quite the grind) and at the same time, you can grind it without noticing, because doing WQs, emissaries and normal quests, (maybe add dungeons and raids too), lots of things that are part of the normal gameplay give rep anyway. Also it adds replayability, because doing the same WQ 1000 times on your main might get boring, but if you do it on an alt of a different class, it could be an entirely different gameplay/experience.

Also, people with many alts get to play any of them, without being restricted. And people without alts won't be afraid to spend some time leveling a few alts, because it won't hurt their account's progress so much (well, there is still gear and artifact power/azerite, but you get my point). And those item level 850 items sold by the rep vendors for Revered/Exalted which are completely overshadowed by 7.3 gear (heck, even 7.0 gear) will finally have some meaning, because you can buy them on your fresh 110 alt before they get to Argus/LFR for 910/915 ilvls.

Deleted
    Paragon shouldn't have like mounts etc just gold and other currencies. Adding RNG to rep grind is dick move, especially since most of the mounts are stuff that could have been in the game 7.0 they didn't have like new model made for them.

Paragon should feel like an optional extra reward for continuing world quests not something that need to be done for completionists.

Deleted
    Paragon chest are just a spit in players face.
    It used to be you get to exhalted and then you could buy the mount.
    today when you archive exhalted they spit at you and yell get 3 million more reps and mayhaps in 10 years you get the mount....
    these are no raid mounts but simple faction mounts which shouldnt be gated behind a 0.01% drop chance.....

Deleted
    - there should be paragon caches right from the start.
    - less world quests - better rewards in term of rep i.e. like in Suramar
    - there should be the same amount of mounts as for factions. (i.e. 6 factions = 6 mounts)
    - there can be recolors making 18 mounts.
    - if the last line is active, you should be able to buy some kind of token after reaching exalted with every faction which allows you to get EVERY mount from any emmissary cache. i.e. get nightfallen mount from highmountain cache.
    - you shouldnt be able to obtain the same mount multiple times, + bad luck protection should be quite good. i.e. 5 emmissary = 100% mount.

this should be overall a pretty good system. especially the "do fewer worldquests + get more + type of worldquest (faction) doesnt matter "after a certain point".

Fuck Paragon chests.

I've gotten more of those chests than I can even count, and not a single mount.

The system is truly fine, creates more prestige to the mounts. To me the best mounts are the hardest to get. If you had everything in the game given so easily, why would you play anymore?