• You don't have an active WoW subscription, you want QoL changes/balances

22 6.16%
  • You don't have an active WoW subscription, you want "pure" Classic

88 24.65%
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alydael View Post
    I think that WoW Classic should have "seasons." These seasons can function similarly to events, but be of a longer duration. The current "season" follows the rules of whatever patch it represents. There can even be "seasons" besides the patches. Such as: "balance season" - all the classes are balanced for this season. "Trying times season" all enemies in the game are boosted to be more difficult.

I also think they should have two kinds of classic servers. One they just totally leave alone. Pure Vanilla- for all the purists. Then have the "active" server that has all the "seasons" and activities that might upset the purists.

This can be really fun and engaging if done right.
    that is not vanilla
    that is wow cookies and cream edition

we want vanilla not cookies and dream and chocolate with flakes
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Blizzard would never release "pure" Classic server due to things like this:
    So what? We all know that class balance is screwed up. Learn to accept the bad with the good. Maybe you should make a rogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thage View Post
    The only big change I'd actively push for is the ability to opt into the high-res player models
    sorry but that's not vanilla/classic

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    So what? We all know that class balance is screwed up. Learn to accept the bad with the good. Maybe you should make a rogue.
    every class has a different class to counter it with

rogues get countered with reckoning bomb

the only class reckoning paladins have trouble with are probably hunters because the pet is attacking you while you can't attack the hunter due to range while the hunter is attacking for just as good damage as the pet you counter a hunter with a warlock fear+demons damage+dots or shadow bolt or shadow priest lots of burst range damage

I have an active subscription and want pure classic.
    My reasoning is that QoL/balancing changes have the potential of ruining the experience, due to a snowball effect. One change will not fix a class or break the game, multiple changes are required to make a difference.
    Imo potential changes should be way down the line, when the server has already been out for quite some time.
    The release of raids should be staggered for sure, as to not invalidate content too early.
    I would however like to see bugfixes, like wall-walking (which was considered a bug/exploit).

I don't have an active sub but am looking forward to returning for Vanilla realms. I want everything to say exactly the same as it was. The only changes I want to see are bug/exploit fixes. Unintended programming errors shouldn't stay in.

Active retail player still... and I'd like to play Classic as it was (with bugs and glitches fixed!), but I'd more than welcome some class tweaking to make some classes more viable.

Being able to toggle new models/spells [off by default] should be a non-issue as it impacts on no one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafire View Post
    I don't have an active sub but am looking forward to returning for Vanilla realms. I want everything to say exactly the same as it was. The only changes I want to see are bug/exploit fixes. Unintended programming errors shouldn't stay in.
    if wow classic is part of your main wow account subscription
    then you can farm gold on retail and buy wow tokens and then play wow classic for free

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nTn View Post
    I have an active subscription and want pure classic.
    My reasoning is that QoL/balancing changes have the potential of ruining the experience, due to a snowball effect. One change will not fix a class or break the game, multiple changes are required to make a difference.
    Imo potential changes should be way down the line, when the server has already been out for quite some time.
    The release of raids should be staggered for sure, as to not invalidate content too early.
    I would however like to see bugfixes, like wall-walking (which was considered a bug/exploit).
    no it has to be 2004-2006 forever or nothing at all
    it's vanilla/classic

not chocolate remastered

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    I'd like to play Classic as it was (with bugs and glitches fixed!), but I'd more than welcome some class tweaking to make some classes more viable.
    that is not vanilla
    please stop suggesting dumb stuff
    classic is just a trademark-able name for wow vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    it's vanilla/classic

not chocolate remastered
    So what happens after 3 years? 5 years? 10 years? You're ok with it being stuck in time? I'm on the side of 'pure Vanilla'. But at some point you're gunna run out of Vanilla ice-cream, you catch my drift?

that is not vanilla
    please stop suggesting dumb stuff
    classic is just a trademark-able name for wow vanilla
    I should just put an annoying senseless troll like you on ignore, who want bugs as well as it was... just because. I got zero desire to argue with a delusional wishful schmuck like you.

I want as many completely meaningless changes as is takes to get the most annoying purists to boykott the game. Constant reminders of how terrible retail is, would not be pure vanilla!

Other than that I'd like pure vanilla with maybe some bug fixes, if blizzard thinks the vanilla team would have fixed them if they could. I find pure vanillas design vision more important than copying vanillas excact code. Like closing the lua to only old addons would not be vanilla code but the gameplay would be closer to what vanilla was like. Having a non automated group lister, where you have to whisper the people making groups, would be closer to vanilla gameplay than people using an automated website to find groups. Stuff like that.

Also death camps for all the people answering this holy questions the wrong way of course.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    Sounds like you are trying to start a witchhunt tbh.
    I actually strongly dislike polls that are public, puts people off.

I voted in the majority before people get mad (just coverin mah butt).

it's vanilla/classic

not chocolate remastered
    I'm not sure which part of my post you disagree with, the bugfix part or the possible changes down the line part?

Either way, these are my opinions. Simply stating that they are wrong isn't gonna make me change my mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I've a subscriber and I'll probably be playing.

I just want a few class balancing changes so I can play something that I actually want to play instead of what the community forces me to play. Also new character models and achievements would be nice. Transmog too.

I can live without flying LFD, LFR, Flight Paths etc... but the above are things I'd like to see to encourage me to play on the server more passionately.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RapBreon View Post
    So what happens after 3 years? 5 years? 10 years? You're ok with it being stuck in time? I'm on the side of 'pure Vanilla'. But at some point you're gunna run out of Vanilla ice-cream, you catch my drift?
    make a new alt
    server capped? change servers..
    account capped?
    delete all characters and start again it's back to vanilla baby!

the only time we run out of vanilla icecream is if blizzards fucks up the server with "changes" of any kind or they close their company

- - - Updated - - -

I should just put an annoying senseless troll like you on ignore, who want bugs as well as it was... just because. I got zero desire to argue with a delusional wishful schmuck like you.
    i'm not a troll
    but clearly you are when we are getting vanilla servers and you're suggesting they change it to not be vanilla

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post

I'd like pure vanilla with maybe some bug fixes,
    then that's not a pure vanilla it's a corrupted vanilla with sprinkles

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by nTn View Post
    I'm not sure which part of my post you disagree with, the bugfix part or the possible changes down the line part?

Either way, these are my opinions. Simply stating that they are wrong isn't gonna make me change my mind.
    you suggested they change wow classic to be something that doesn't match vanilla
    it's pretty obvious what i am disagreeing with

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post

I just want a few class balancing changes so I can play something that I actually want to play instead of what the community forces me to play.
    that's not vanilla so that's not happening
    and no one is forcing you to play anything
    make your own damn groups geeze

make a new alt
    server capped? change servers..
    account capped?
    delete all characters and start again it's back to vanilla baby!

the only time we run out of vanilla icecream is if blizzards fucks up the server with "changes" of any kind or they close their company
    So no progression of any kind? No TBC servers or 'alternate Vanilla'. Not even if they introduce a replacement Vanilla server afterwards?

You run out Vanilla ice-cream when a server becomes a ghost town btw. If Blizzard never to this day patched from Vanilla and left 1.12 running, that's what you'd have. Some people would play sure, but I doubt enough for that essential experience, you need others for that!

i'm not a troll
    but clearly you are when we are getting vanilla servers and you're suggesting they change it to not be vanilla
    Says the person that tries to shut down any form of discussion with your obnoxious, and baseless, "I'm right you're wrong" superiority complex. Even Blizzard finds people like you annoying, bashing on people who aren't "purists", having to lock such threads because it can't be kept civil.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-11-19 at 02:51 PM.

I'm currently subscribed. I plan on at least trying it out for the nostalgia wave. My preference would be for Classic to have some minor QoL changes and bug fixes, but wouldn't lose any sleep if it did not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    that's not vanilla so that's not happening
    and no one is forcing you to play anything
    make your own damn groups geeze
    Classic WoW isn't vanilla either. 2004 was a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RapBreon View Post
    So no progression of any kind? No TBC servers or 'alternate Vanilla'. Not even if they introduce a replacement Vanilla server afterwards?

You run out Vanilla ice-cream when a server becomes a ghost town btw. If Blizzard never to this day patched from Vanilla and left 1.12 running, that's what you'd have. Some people would play sure, but I doubt enough for that essential experience, you need others for that!
    burning crusade content already exists untouched
    go level to 57 then go grind in hellfire to 60 then start questing to 70 then cap your exp at 70 and make your own groups

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Classic WoW isn't vanilla either. 2004 was a long time ago.
    99% vanilla
    1% is the server lag/crashes they didn't want to replicate from 2004 launch
    it's like a vanilla icecream that accidentally has 1 chocolate sprinkle due to it being next to sprinkles in the icecream trays
    it's not a big deal
    but diluting that 99% to 98% then 97% and it's not vanilla anymore it's just a mutant

humans have 1% unknown dna and yet we are still "human"

- - - Updated - - -

Says the person that tries to shut down any form of discussion with your obnoxious, and baseless, "I'm right you're wrong" superiority complex. Even Blizzard finds people like you annoying, bashing on people who aren't "purists", having to lock such threads because it can't be kept civil.
    says the person that tries to shut down vanilla/classic servers with retail modifications...

that is not vanilla
    that is wow cookies and cream edition

we want vanilla not cookies and dream and chocolate with flakes
    That's why I said there should be a pure server. A server they don't touch at all, just pure vanilla for the purists.

I think the seasons idea works well for those that actually want patches and need a little more than just "pure" vanilla.