Poll: How would you like to see Paragon Chests in the future?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Paragon mounts are absolutely horrible currently. The idea is not entirely bad, I understand they were needed to keep all the reputation coming from world quests relevant, but it was taken too far to the extreme. My suggestions:

- Have a mount at plain exalted as well. There's no reason not to, plenty of recolors exist, and it gives a feeling of accomplishment when reaching a historically iconic goal.
    - Increase the drop rate of special Paragon rewards, or implement some bad luck protection, or:
    - Increase the rate at which you can acquire reputation.
    - Make reputation farming easier to control by the player. The emissary system and mission table RNG mean you have to get lucky to get the reputation you want, and artificially increase the time between paragon chests. It's frustrating when you keep getting tokens and emissaries for reps you no longer need.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    The system is truly fine, creates more prestige to the mounts. To me the best mounts are the hardest to get. If you had everything in the game given so easily, why would you play anymore?
    So people getting the mounts on their 1st Paraon cache is more prestigious or "harder to get " as someone who got it on their 40th ?
    There is no prestige in "being lucky" at all.
    "If you are what you HAVE and you lose what you have, what then are you? But if you are what you ARE and you lose what you have, no man controls your destiny".

The system is truly fine, creates more prestige to the mounts. To me the best mounts are the hardest to get. If you had everything in the game given so easily, why would you play anymore?
    There are plenty of other places to get prestigious mounts. There should be varying levels of effort to the game's challenges. Legion was unique in that all of them were uniformly pains in the ass. Which is one reason I don't play anymore.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Paragon chests are godawful and worse, will continue to be godawful into future expansions.

10k rep for a 3% chance? How about fuck you, Blizzard. I'm not normally much of a hater, but they're BULLSHIT. Plain and simple. If they were like 2k rep per or something it'd be excusable but jesus.

Rep mounts should either have been at Exalted, or guaranteed in the first Paragon chest.

Paragon chests, the worst conception ever if you're a collector... been doing WQs vigilantly since 7.2 and I've only gotten 2 mounts thus far, both of which were fairly recently.

Absolutely stupid system, and an incredibly lame way to keep older content "relevant".
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-11-19 at 06:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally have no desire to see Paragon chests return. RNGion already has enough RNG and I have only seen two mount drops from them before I said 'F this' and stopped trying for them.

If they insist on keeping Paragon chests, then keep the exalted mounts and rewards system in place. Then have the chests give other items. Like extra gold, resources, or a BOA token for that faction you can use for alts.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely hate paragon chests. I just got back into the game after a long 10 month break and just recently got exalted with all factions on my main. But I can't see myself grinding for reps just for a tiny chance at mounts. What I'm doing is farming tokens through missions and hoarding them until darkmoon faire is out for the 10% rep boost (using 13% now immediatedly with WoW's anniversary event).

Whoever came up with this idea should be arrested, really. I hope they not tie mounts to paragon chests in BfA. Or give players one at exalted and a recolor for paragon caches with ~10% drop rate or at least 5% + lower to 2k or 5k rep for the cache + account-wide rep if you are exalted with one character. This would allow players to enjoy/do the content with their alts without the feeling of "I should do this stuff on my main cause mounts".

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I LIKE paragon chests, they give me a reason to keep doing world quests, which I enjoy. I like them as they are- but I think the best option is to re-add exalted mounts, and make paragon chests drop something else.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)

locking unique models like the stormdrake behide rng was pretty cruel.

Only a tiny fraction of the player base can gain the gladiator pvp mounts so to have the only other option rng seems unfair to me.

Also they introduced paragon system late once you had burned out on world quests to act as a carrot on the stick to keep you going. Shady business practice

There's a difference between hard and boring/grinding.

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    Personally I LIKE paragon chests, they give me a reason to keep doing world quests, which I enjoy. I like them as they are- but I think the best option is to re-add exalted mounts, and make paragon chests drop something else.
    I agree.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    This system was the last drop in the bucket that made me cancel permanently a 12 year non stop subscription. Of course, the prominent layered RNG in all rewards of Legion (and the excessive grinds of Prestige and AP) played their part as well. But every paragon chest that contained just OHR and gold started to shatter my already broken will to keep playing Legion. After around 70 chests on one character and absolutely no reward (be it mount, pet or toy), i kicked my WoW habit for good. And never returning back, because this grind will still exist.
    /spit@Blizzard

I vehemently despise paragon chests with every cell in my body. They are easily and without question the thing i hate most about Legion and are pretty high up on the list of things I hate in wow overall.
    You already hit exalted; you finished the story. You. Should. Get. The. Rewards. The reward should never be a second, slower, more monotonous, low-probability-of-success RNG grind. That's just...so bad.

I would prefer paragon rewards be removed from the game and have all hints of their existence purged from the history books but I don't think it will play out like that. So having already spilt my salt, i'd say that realistically I would be willing to tolerate a more revised version of Paragon reputation. Maybe lower the rep needed a little but more importantly give the rewards an overhaul. Make mounts something you buy from a vendor again. In their place there are lots of different things you could add to make them worth while without making it feel like you wasted a week's worth of effort when you open it up and don't find the big shiny inside.

new rewards could for example be:
    - boa (or maybe even boe) reputation tokens that give you a significant amount of reputation- not the piddly 250 rep tokens you get from missions, something meatier. it would be a great catch up method for alts or even a fair gold making method
    - a set of special, long lasting buff items similar to potion of luck or something that lets you interact/ fight while (ground) mounted.
    - boa catch up gear for alts
    - a random (but guarantee drop) piece of cosmetic armor themed after that faction's look.
    - armor upgrade tokens that work kind of like obliterum

There should either be a guarantee that you get one random "big/medium" quality item per chest plus a lower chance of getting a smaller bonus, such as the buff potions, gold, ect. That or instead of being reward with a chest directly, you are rewarded with a token that then allows you to buy a specific item/or a chest that randomly generates something within a certain theme. For example you get a paragon token and can buy a chest with a random reputation token in it, or a chest with a random cosmetic peice of gear in it, or choose a chest that will give you boa armor for a specific class, ect
    Last edited by SylviaDragon; 2017-11-19 at 10:48 PM.

I opened SO many of those paragon boxes and i got the warden toy and 2 of those felcrusher mounts (got 2 in 1 box)..
    The mounts i want just don't drop and it sucks because i've already grinded the rep to shit to get a ton of boxes.

Because you can get the mount on your first box, and just by passively getting some rep once in a while, or you could grind your ass off for 3 years and never get it.

That's RNG BS, nothing prestige over that. Prestige is if you earn it through some sort of trial...actual trial, not just persisting in stubbornly bashing your head against a wall until that one specific brick you want it finally pried loose...

Like earning exalted status with a faction, or more things like the Riddler's Mind-Worm and Lucid Nightmare (maybe not as difficult as Nightmare all the time, fuck that maze), so 'open-world meta achievements' to aquire mounts would be a much better way to aquire actual prestige mounts. Not stubborness + RNG that may never bless you.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    If they do keep paragon chests, they need to keep the insignias as well so we can save those for rep events like DMF. I'd just prefer to see paragon for some factions, and others can have their mounts purchasable at Exalted (or even through epic quest chains, available at exalted).
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

7+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely hate the gating of faction mounts behind paragon cache RNG.

As a collector there is nothing that breaks my spirit more than seeing the number of caches collected going up and up without getting any of those fancy mounts. Especially knowing that once BfA hits there will be pretty much no reason to ever do WQs/farm Legion reputations ever again. I can get behind rare mount drops in raids/dungeons; sooner or later I'll farm transmog sets for another class inside one of those, so there is another incentive to keep running a raid/dungeon years after it being actual content. But farming a reputation, even for older expansions, has always been about hitting exalted to get the rewards and NOT be forced to enter another, even slower RNG gated grind to get your rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by SylviaDragon View Post
    - a random (but guarantee drop) piece of cosmetic armor themed after that faction's look.
    Your suggestions sounded quite good, except for the cosmetic/transmog pieces. It would be the mount story once again, though this time it wouldn't hurt the mount collectors but the fashionistas/transmog enthusiasts. Otherwise some really neat ideas!

The only problem I have with Legion is these paragon boxes. 50+ valajar boxes but no mount yet. Stopped farming rep for that long ago. Same with Army of the Light bags. Getting one every 2nd day now and I got mount on first, and that was it. I've gotten the toy from it 7 times..

And then you see guildies etc getting mounts with 1/10 of the amount of boxes. Good for them, but I have almost stopped cheering for them. Obviously they make fun of me not getting the mounts I want so they don't deserve a grats either!

I think my preference would be exalted requirement, high gold price. They were a good gold sink and gave me a reason to earn gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    the paragon thing is fine. it actually opens the door to make more things random drops like toys and mounts, only having recipes and possibly tabards or some slightly lower/entry level gear on the vendors. this would allow shared reputation on toons as well.

and yes, i think the recipes should be from vendors so that alts have immediate access - the best possible recipes should be behind a quest or boss or drop from the new special island thing anyway.

i know the shared reputation isn't really all that important, especially when switching expansions, but it is the ONE thing that has kept me from switching mains since cata - the full green reputation bars... it's over the top OCD, i know...
    This is a signature, there are many like it, but this one is mine.

Paragon boxes by themselves are fine. Having extra gold/resources/gear chance by getting rep beyond exalted is a good idea.
    However, putting the toys/mounts as RNG behind them is terrible.
    If anything, these unique rewards should be buyable throught Exalted + Curious Coins. That way, if RNG hates you, you at least will eventually have enough Curious Coins to buy them, as the paragon caches always reward at least one coin.
    Whatever...