Poll: Preferred business model

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Poll: Preferred business model

So what do you guys thing is the best, or most likely business model for WoW Classic?
    Last edited by globalist; 2017-11-19 at 04:50 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Released as they would release an expansion. Same price as an expansion too, with a collectors edition.

Tie sub fee into the main subscription for WoW.

5+ Year Old Account
    I assume it'll just be one combined sub for both classic and BfA. And I'd be fine with that.

If there will be separate subs I won't be playing vanilla.
    For the [enter opposing faction here]

10+ Year Old Account
    Either F2P or tied with retail wow sub.

I prefer buy to play, like Elder Scrolls Online.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW Retail subscription then people can farm gold on retail then get wow tokens to fuel their gameplay on wow classic for free

anything that doesn't have a subscription wouldn't earn blizzard enough money to pay for everything being reverted to vanilla

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    I prefer buy to play, like Elder Scrolls Online.
    bethesda claimed elder scrolls online was "free to play" "making so much money with microtransactions"
    yet it wasn't free to play they still require a subscription to access everything
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

10+ Year Old Account
    They would be smart to break the mold a little bit:

$20 to buy in with first six-months free.
    $20 for subsequent 6-month subscription.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post

Blizzard always over prices their stuff. its usually good stuff, but they seem to over price everything.

your suggestion seems reasonable to me, so i would expect Blizzard to over price that by at least double. or even $20 buy-in with NO months free and $20 per month.

Blizzard really doesnt believe in attracting more flies with honey than vinegar. if they would lower the cost of all their services, they would get many more people buying them.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2017-11-19 at 05:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndra View Post
    Blizzard always over prices their stuff. its usually good stuff, but they seem to over price everything.

your suggestion seems reasonable to me, so i would expect Blizzard to over price that by at least double.
    Usually true.

I posted what I thought would be fair. It would make them a lot of money up front and enough to sustain the game over time after the initial rush. I think this revenue model makes them money. It seems to me that a subscription to the main game might get classic for you for free.

But if you just want to play classic by itself that felt reasonable.

EDIT: Perhaps someone at Blizzard will see it and go "Hmmmm...."
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-11-19 at 05:09 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post

I don't see it. The vast majority who try it won't continue playing past that, I would imagine.

You'd be better off charging $10/mo, because then most people would probably make it to 30, and at the end of the first full year you've made $120 instead of $40.

40 dollars for game. Retail subscription system. So that people who are paying a sub for retail can play classic when there's down time(all the time apparently...).
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I don't see it. The vast majority who try it won't continue playing past that, I would imagine.

You'd be better off charging $10/mo, because then most people would probably make it to 30, and at the end of the first full year you've made $120 instead of $40.
    pretty much my point, you can attract more flies with honey than vinegar. Blizzard has trouble seeing that lower prices would attract more people to buy into it and get hooked.

i mean i think standard sub fees and expac costs for retail wow is fair, but all their other services and extras are just way over priced. and if they decide to make Classic some sort of additional charge, i am certain it will be over priced and turn people away, when it wouldnt really need to.

tbh, it shouldnt be an additional cost, it should just be included in your standard fees to play WoW. im saying if blizz decides to make it an additional cost.
    Last edited by Sinndra; 2017-11-19 at 05:19 PM.
    I do realize that this is an internet forum full of morons, however in real life, no one questions me, people look to me for the answer, look up to me, trust me. To have dipshits on a video game forum question me, is insulting.

10+ Year Old Account
    They definitely will require a subscription.

What remains in question is if you need to buy the new Expansion in order to play Vanilla or not. I could see the thought process in requiring this- as it allows players to go back and forth between the two when there is a lull in content.

I will be playing both retail and classic so it doesn't matter much to me.

Well I already bought Classic once, it's not my fault they have to make it again for me to play it.

It should be free to play with retail sub. I've already purchased it in order to play the expansions. I have no intention of playing BfA so if I have to buy that to play then I wont be playing classic. If I have to buy classic and sub I wont play classic. It either needs to work with retail sub or be a one time purchase with no sub.

It makes the most sense to make it available under the default subscription. Business-wise it's a great opportunity for Blizzard to get players who come back for classic to try out live, and vice versa. Separate subscriptions and fees muddy the water and fragment the potential playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Halefire94 View Post
    They definitely will require a subscription.

What remains in question is if you need to buy the new Expansion in order to play Vanilla or not. I could see the thought process in requiring this- as it allows players to go back and forth between the two when there is a lull in content.

I will be playing both retail and classic so it doesn't matter much to me.
    But this could also drive away potential subs that are interested in classic but have lost interest in retail. This matters to me as I have no intention of playing retail.

If their intent is to cut down on private servers, then the only option is free. Free WoW is the only reason private servers are so popular. It's not because it's Vanilla.

If their intent is to cut down on private servers, then the only option is free. Free WoW is the only reason private servers are so popular. It's not because it's Vanilla.
    If their intent was to cut down on private servers, they'd double down on taking legal action, not hire on an entire new dev team.

Official Classic servers will be part of Retail.

Just sayin'. And it should be tied in with Sub fee rather than being F2P and thus riding on Live's profits. I don't think they should "re-sell" boxes for it though, just make it an accessible server with a sub fee in place.