Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    "Oooo! If we do it with a Shadow Priest rather than (insert any number of fictional characters doing the same thing here) it'll be original!"

Heel-Face Turn
    Slowly Slipping Into Evil
    Evil All Along
    Protagonist Journey To Villain
    Good Girl Gone Bad
    Blonde Guys Are Evil

That's the top 6 TvTropes that return from your bullshit suggestion. Each has hundreds, even thousands, of examples. You're not being interesting or engaging or a good writer when you pull out the same bullshit garbage that's been done to death. And your laughable deflection of someone referring to the shadow is Vengeful when your "Awesome Story Idea" is that he literally -goes vengeful- with shadow-magic and gets all anti-horde in your rote machismo storyline is pathetic.

And get your Evolutionary Psychology 101 out of here, Leotheras. You clearly have minimal understanding of narrative structures and delivery of emotion through character actions within said narrative.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tripconn View Post
    dunno how it goes down but judging by the bfa trailer i dont think it went to well for her.
    If it's my initial suggestion of going after Genn, then she'd get rebuked because Anduin couldn't hand over the king of one of the allied people. If it's the Peace Summit, Genn could fuck it up with an assassination attempt, an ultimatum, or straight out violence against Sylvanas.

Either of those situations could result in both Lordaeron and Teldrassil.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Give me one truly original narrative then or fuck off.
    Mmmmm... No.

Because I don't have to. I'm not the one running around screaming about how playing out the same boring "Good person turns evil!" trope is somehow amazing storytelling, or how having a male character show emotional depth is bad writing. That's you, dude. That's -all- on you.

It's been shown you're not gonna convince annyone, here, of your narrative theories, and you're vastly off-topic with the thread. If anyone here should fuck off, it's you. Starting about 3 pages ago.

Anduin sucks, this is the only Priest that matters

Good, it should tell you I understand psychology and you clearly don't, as you don't even know what basic human responses are.
    Dude, I'm post-Masters in psych and work in Mental Health Counseling and therapy. I'm not saying that to humblebrag or whatever, but to infer that the basic understanding of psychology is more than there.

If a basic fundamental reaction to something that is completely normal happens, it is not weakness, especially if someone, yes, continues to do what needs to be done and doesn't let it hinder their responsibilities. Someone who is not going to experience that kind of raw feeling at some point in their life is either bottling things up to the point of it being an outright problem or lacks that sense of empathy or feeling to the point of it being an outright pathology.

This is a fantasy universe marketed for mass consumption. In said universe, the primal forces are usually described and framed for the player/reader/whatever as overpowering and dwarfing what mere mortals experience and feel. So if someone is looking up to the closest thing that WoW has as the literal face of a (mostly) benevolent God-power while they're reviving an army, it's completely believable that someone would be overwhelmed with a sense of a combination of joy and their own perception of how infinitesimal they are.

Sylvanas reacted to emotions too, she leapt to her death from Icecrown in rage and despair and it almost cost her everything. Varian did it, he just expressed it through anger and impulsivity. Genn does it now very much the same way, as does Jaina, both for different reasons. Thrall ended up breaking the rules of a Mak'gora because there was a part of him (see: Elemental Bonds) that was extremely spiteful towards Garrosh.

So basically, anyone responding to an emotional reaction and showing it when carrying out their duties is totally OK...unless it's crying? That's a pretty poor understanding of how emotions work and says way more about how maladjusted you're coming off. Whether you are genuinely or not, I can't say from minor forum interactions - but what is being conveyed is a ridiculous way to view the world and people.

As far as "original," literally no character direction that could be conceived for any member of either faction is original. All alignments and directions have been covered in a given, easy digestible fantasy story for damned 13 year olds and up. You can complain that there isn't enough people angry at the opposing faction in a factional war focused expansion, which is personal to your tastes and perception, but it's recommended you wait to make that call regardless as we don't know how any of these characters will progress over the course of a freakin' (ostensibly) 2 year narrative.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I find the character development he got more interesting than edgy 'going shadow and psycho.'
    We atleast know he makes it this far

My theory is that the standing elf in the second picture is actually Alleria. The living Windrunner sisters find out what Sylvanas is about to do , vereesa gets their first and fails to stoo her. Alleria gets there afterwards but it was too late.

Also that orc may not be saurfang, he has two shoulder pads but Saurfang's new model only has one.

1) neat, good for you?
    2) yeah, crying is the basic way of saying "help me" what you're saying doesn't change that.
    3) That's a stretch if I've ever seen one. Tell me, what God do mages channel when they shoot a fireblast? We already have seen there is no "god" in wow, the light is just a force, and before you get any "and it's an all powerful force" and "emotions!" on me name one other light user crying when they channel the light, just one will do.
    4) and nine of them have been cry babies while dealing with their anguish.
    5) considering crying is literally showing weakness, yeah. Makes a leader look weak unless it's justified, like "I can't bring you back" not how bitch boy did it with "watch me everyone, while I cry while bringing people back!"
    6) I've been saying this for years, and since Cata when we see anduin pick priest I've been hoping for a shadow arc. I've been talking about it as well, fit the past 7 years.
    Like I said, just clarifying that the understanding is there.

Crying is not always a way of saying "help me," that's fundamentally wrong. Evolutionary psychology doesn't always account for the minutia of individual events, and it is only one of multiple etiologies. Crying can also express happiness, frustration, extreme confusion, a Eureka moment, etc.

The only reason I bring up "God" is just for the sake of the aesthetic (glowy light, overhead canopy of shiny crap), I'm not saying that it is anything absolute to the setting's rules. My point is that forces outside of one's control can still be overpowering in that regard. Either way, Anduin's tears in the cinematic are of JOY, so even then, the "help me" conceit is a very poor one. That's why I drew the comparison to primal forces and divinity, even if it isn't directly. As for Mages, mage work is generally academic, even if it is drawing off Arcane, which is Titan-driven. (And indeed, Titan-oriented things majorly impact people's emotions, like Magni when he speaks for Azeroth or Argus. There are points where he literally struggles to speak because of the sheer force of what he's dealing with).

OK, so basically almost every conceivable character that responds to actual events with actual human emotions is a "crybaby" unless things are done with a dark, aggressive slant. That is what I am reading from this. Saying that all of these characters are responding in that way because they act like actual people is absurd.

There's little to say beyond that. This is generally not the attitude of anyone who doesn't have a very tenuous grasp on empathy or relating to others. Or someone desperately attempting to be macho on a board for an MMO game for children. :/

5+ Year Old Account
    Thunder and Fury, with plenty of Post hoc, ergo propter hoc.

Tears were a biological method of signaling distress and calling for help. But motherfucker people get weepy over watching a goddamned dog die in a movie, or reading a particularly poignant poem, or hearing really great music, or when they're so happy they could cry. Tears can represent weakness, or strength, but invariably emotion. And emotions are not weakness, as much as pathetic right wing machismo-machines like you think they are.

Weakness is being unable to feel and express emotions while still accomplishing your responsibilities. Weakness is not allowing yourself to ask for help or emotional support because you're too scared people will think you're weak. Weakness is trying to stand apart and alone in a society built on the basic premise of grouping up to help shoulder burdens collectively to make any given task easier on everyone.

A fully functioning human being, firing on all cylinders of logic and emotion, is stronger than you'll ever be, because they'll have the support that they need when the time comes, rather than refusing the help required because they think it makes them lesser.

Adorably enough, that's -why- words can be more dangerous than sticks and stones. Sticks and stones might break my bones, but words can inspire a mob to commit genocide.

Also, "the pen is mightier than the sword" and "actions speak louder than words" are two completely separate adages that are conveying two completely different ideas, so trying to conflate the two together is reductive and stupid rather than subversive or wise - but that's a whole other can of worms (words?).

It is possible for actions to be required to convey something meaningful rather than idle threats or generic flimsy statements, while also a pen is more powerful because it incites strong feelings that drive multiple people to action beyond the power of an individual sword.

But we're not exactly dealing with high merit here.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    She is clearly just chilling there, enjoying the tree burning. Sylvi/Vereesa reunion within the Horde confirmed.
    Tho Alleria should have rejoined quel thalas beeing the ultra patriot she was but i guess that would have enraged the alliance so blizzard made her turalyons eternal bitch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

That projecting and anal deviation. I haven't had this much enjoyment since seeing crowds of Hilary supporters having mental breakdowns. But I'm sure they were just being brave and strong too in those moments, eh?
    It's embarrassing to be honest, you're behaving like one of my first graders. People explaining little Leo the world.

I think most people here see, that Anduin isn't a weakling. No need to carry on this topic, let's get back to the main topic, no?

5+ Year Old Account
    That projecting and anal deviation. I haven't had this much enjoyment since seeing crowds of Hilary supporters having mental breakdowns. But I'm sure they were just being brave and strong too in those moments, eh?
    Yes, yes, go to the "I'm a troll" defense of your arguments and positions 'cause being Schrodinger's Asshole is somehow less shameful than having a piss poor understanding of how the world works. Though the deviation of my anus is within at least one standard value of normal, thanks for your very confusing concern?

When you get out of high school and start looking into actually learning more than simple foundational understandings of reality, we might talk more. 'Til then, buh-bye Leo.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    allerias armor is green, not blue.
    and she's well and alive in the stormwind embassy getting the void elves into the alliance.

the destruction of the tree happened before the battle for undercity.
    Except that is bullshit you dont know it happened first the book isnt even out yet you just assumed cause ally can do no wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

So this is the state of this site now? You all rather a "whiny cry baby bitch boy" Anduin instead of "deep seated hated to the point of madness" Anduin is disturbing to me. Especially in a game that keeps trying to revive the alliance vs horde theme.
    I much prefer sane leaders to psychotic ones. Just like in real life.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Except that is bullshit you dont know it happened first the book isnt even out yet you just assumed cause ally can do no wrong
    It's actually based on an interview with a developer named John Hight. While discussing the cinematics and how cool they are he implied that the burning of Teldrassil happens first. It could be inferred that he's referring to the order in which the cinematics played at the convention, but the implication exists.

And for most people, that's enough to believe that yes, the Horde burned Teldrassil before anything else happened. Mostly under the assumption that Sylvanas wants to conquer the world and kill everyone which is a severe misunderstanding of both her character, and the characters of the other Horde leaders who would not send their troops on such a task, obviously. Particularly not while in a weakened state relative to the Alliance as they have been since the end of Mists of Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    It's actually based on an interview with a developer named John Hight. While discussing the cinematics and how cool they are he implied that the burning of Teldrassil happens first. It could be inferred that he's referring to the order in which the cinematics played at the convention, but the implication exists.

And for most people, that's enough to believe that yes, the Horde burned Teldrassil before anything else happened.
    I think that for many people knowing the respective faction leaders is enough to believe Teldrassil burns first.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    except its not bullshit because blizzard outright said so.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/wo.../1100-6454665/
    Some of the imagery that you'll see is the scene is with Sylvanas standing in front Teldrassil on fire. Then with the opening cinematic, that event was right before the Alliance finally says, "Okay, we've had it" before they assault Lordaeron.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post

And for most people, that's enough to believe that yes, the Horde burned Teldrassil before anything else happened.
    people believe it because he wasnt referring to the pictures, but to the event itself.

check quote above.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    It's embarrassing to be honest, you're behaving like one of my first graders. People explaining little Leo the world.

I think most people here see, that Anduin isn't a weakling. No need to carry on this topic, let's get back to the main topic, no?
    He's a troll. I'm not sure why people keep feeding into his bait.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    except its not bullshit because blizzard outright said so.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/wo.../1100-6454665/

- - - Updated - - -

people believe it because he wasnt referring to the pictures, but to the event itself.

check quote above.
    As I stated, it's been inferred that he's referring to the order in the cinematics. Which I hope for, to be perfectly candid.

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I think that for many people knowing the respective faction leaders is enough to believe Teldrassil burns first.
    Sylvanas currently has no reason to attack Teldrassil, much less destroy it, as things currently stand. And with the Horde's weakened position, there's no way Saurfang, Baine, or Lor'themar would support the action which would result in Sylvanas being deposed, a fracturing of Horde Forces, or Sylvanas's death. Now maybe something will happen when she marches on Stormwind, or there's something about Teldrassil that requires it's destruction at the hands of the Horde, but "knowing the leaders" would tell you that the attack on Teldrassil would have to happen after Lordaeron, since Genn and Jaina are both eager for war and basically no one in the Horde is...

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there will be a battle at Stormwind. I think she wants to take out Stormwind because then you pretty much defeat the Alliance at that point but I also think the Alliance wants to take out Orgrimmar. We just haven't seen the Alliance's perspective on it. I think that is what BFA is. First they recruit the Zandalari/Kul'Tirans to get their Navy so they can take the war to Orgrimmar/Stormwind.

The end goal for the Battle for Azeroth is to destroy the faction capital of the enemy faction but I don't see either even getting that far before the Naga/Old Gods show up. Once we finally get our Navy we realize there is a much bigger threat right there in the water so the focus moves to that.

It would be so fucking cool if the final raid has us on a giant warship (Horde or Alliance themed depending on your faction) vs N'Zoth and then there are various other NPC ships as well that N'Zoth keeps destroying as the battle goes on.