Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Niibek View Post
    Do you think it's possible to get to 11 if I do 5-6 WQs a day and 1-2 BGs?
    Yes, take some time, but you'll eventually get it. I max'ed Prestige a month ago, now waiting the next season to keep grinding (I do it for the mounts).

I do as many WQs possible (usually 3 towers + 2 wpvp ones per day) and at least one BG victory per day (often a few losses) since the start of the expansion. At this rate, I get one prestige every 10 or so days. You'll get to Prestige 11 by the end of December/start of January.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xindralol View Post
    I’ve lost an AV after 28mins and still got 1100 honor lol ... 50% applies to kills as well.
    AV and Isle of Conquest are awesome for Honor.
    Whatever...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riistov View Post
    Should've been account wide imho.

Love the system, but doing it on multiple characters is insane.
    yep, i'd take a bit more honor needed per level if it meant it was account wide.

I got 3 different chars to prestige 3 and that was painful enough.

I like how Blizzard acknowledged the grind was fucking stupid, and then doubled down on adding more ranks.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

I hope there will be catch-up mechanic after season 7 because legion will last like 9 months from now or even more and we rly need some catch up. Its impossible to get max prestige on 3 chars for apperance. Yea its hard for one char. I am currently prestige 3 honor 20 by playing arenas.

What is failed? Rated arenas are less honor rewarding than casual bgs - its sad. Also no matter if you are 1500 or 2200 you get fixed honor amout.

I will start farming prestige now as i am done with rated pvp in legion (i am just going to hit 2k on every class for transmog). I hope grinding from prestige level 3 to 10+ will not take ages as i am going to spam bgs at event and i will get more pvp achievements so i can hit my 18k achiv points until end of the legion xD (this is my goal to achieve need just 480 points).

Also someone know about prestige in next expansion? Will they reset it? Will they add new ranks so it will be like honorable kills now but with real rewards? I hope they wil not reset it and implement catch up mechanic for legion ranks to make it faster but not achievable in week because its unfair.

I've been steady grinding the wqs every day for months and winning 1 bg or arena every day while their respective weekly events are active. I started recording the dates I prestiged out of curiosity when I hit prestige 5 on 9/28. I hit prestige 6 on 10/19, 7 on 11/1, and will likely be 8 tomorrow (11/14). It takes me roughly 2 weeks to prestige this way. I've been focused on getting to prestige 15 and will likely hit it late February or early March at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by reef View Post
    I've been steady grinding the wqs every day for months and winning 1 bg or arena every day while their respective weekly events are active. I started recording the dates I prestiged out of curiosity when I hit prestige 5 on 9/28. I hit prestige 6 on 10/19, 7 on 11/1, and will likely be 8 tomorrow (11/14). It takes me roughly 2 weeks to prestige this way. I've been focused on getting to prestige 15 and will likely hit it late February or early March at this rate.
    This is about the rate I went at. 10-12 days per rank, playing everyday. It took me about 6 months to max out at the time ( 17).

It's insane.

I want to add to this because I haven't seen this mentioned. I have no clue how I only just came across this recently, and I'm really kicking myself for not knowing this over the past few months because it comes out to nearly 3k extra honor every 2 weeks, which can really shave down your prestige time. Using a guild Battle Standard of Coordination increases your honor gain from all of the warden tower WQs and 3 out of 4 of the world pvp WQs (4/4 if you are a class with an auto-complete option in your class hall. This is the only way to get extra honor from the Operation Murloc Freedom WQ in Aszuna) by 15%. This means that the warden tower WQs will give 345 honor each up from 300, and the world pvp WQs will give 575 honor each up from 500.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Does "Try not to overdose on antidepressants" count ?

Deleted
    Now with invasions spawning more often you often get cuked by the 500 honor PVP WQ due to invasion happening when it shows up

Quote Originally Posted by reef View Post
    I want to add to this because I haven't seen this mentioned. I have no clue how I only just came across this recently, and I'm really kicking myself for not knowing this over the past few months because it comes out to nearly 3k extra honor every 2 weeks, which can really shave down your prestige time. Using a guild Battle Standard of Coordination increases your honor gain from all of the warden tower WQs and 3 out of 4 of the world pvp WQs (4/4 if you are a class with an auto-complete option in your class hall. This is the only way to get extra honor from the Operation Murloc Freedom WQ in Aszuna) by 15%. This means that the warden tower WQs will give 345 honor each up from 300, and the world pvp WQs will give 575 honor each up from 500.
    The banner works for Black Rook Rumble as well.

I just hit MAX HONOR LEVEL capped at 21, game gave me a title but no achievement yet, guess I need to wait a week.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/eGi1J8vPrzCUGN9H3

I'm only doing it via worldquests day by day and it takes me around 3 weeks for 1 prestige.

Deleted
    did they stealth nerf the banner honor? I did all WQ yesterday + today with banner and noticed 0 differance in honor gain still got 300 honor for pvp wq tower and 500 from the other ones

Quote Originally Posted by Berserage View Post
    Even losing 99% of bgs as alliance will still get you a prestige level every 3 days if you bg for 8 hours a day. Horde on the other hand takes almost a week even winning the majority of the games. Going to faction change back to Alliance soon.
    You know you can use the mercenary guy in the Underbelly and do bgs as alliance with extra honor gains, right? No need to faction change.

Just find a partner to do 2's or 3's arena games with. They are probably one of the fastest ways to do it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niibek View Post
    Do you think it's possible to get to 11 if I do 5-6 WQs a day and 1-2 BGs?
    You'll definitely get that way before Legion ends. I'm guessing we still have another 7 months of Legion at least.

Plenty of time.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

My best tip for grinding prestige is to merc queue during the battleground holiday. Every win is pretty much a honor level.

Get enlistment bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Mawi View Post
    did they stealth nerf the banner honor? I did all WQ yesterday + today with banner and noticed 0 differance in honor gain still got 300 honor for pvp wq tower and 500 from the other ones
    Pretty sure they did. I noticed today I'm not gaining the extra % any longer. Bummer.

10+ Year Old Account
    skirmish and battleground weeks give so much honor
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..