Orcs and the curse of flesh

I'm kinda confused by the orcs origins.

As all planets in the universe Draenor too was created by the Titans. But titan creations were all metalic/stone if i'm correct. Azeroth was infested with Old Gods which cursed its inhabitants with Curse of Flesh.

But there were no Old Gods on Draenor. So why the hell orcs, and other races to be exact, are not made from stone/metal? After all titans didnt want corruptions.

I didn't read the chronicles, maybe there is the answer.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Draenor wasn't created by the Titans. No planet was. Never. One titan visited Draenor and built a Stone Giant-thing on it to fight the Plant-things who would doom Draenor if left alone, by this titan's judgement.

Orcs of Draenor, by the recent lore, decend from lesser stone-giants (who decend from the main one, Grond) that got "contaminated" by some sort of plant-flesh from the Plant-things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    There were other cases in which inorganic races slowly became organic over time, outside or beyond the application of the Curse of Flesh. In "Chronicle Vol. 1" it describes the proto-dragons as descending from elemental spirits who somehow managed to avoid being sent to the Elemental Planes created by the Keepers - they weren't corrupted by the Curse of Flesh, they simply evolved into organic beings over time for reasons unknown (or perhaps cultivated by Tyr and the Keepers on purpose). The races descending from elemental and titan-forged Grond on Draenor are probably subject to a similar process - but it might also be explained by the mutual slaying of Grond and the Evergrowth and the outpouring of Spirit energy from the Evergrowth (which had been in the process of consuming Draenor's Spirit energy to fuel its own growth) effecting the Colossals and greater Elementals that came from the corpse of Grond.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    Draenor was full of hellishly powerful plant life. A super powerful elemental spirit based rock monster, Grond was dropped on it by the titans, and as it fought back the worst of the plant life, shards of it were animated by the immense life energies of the Evergrowth. These eventually split down to form smaller and more living things step by step.

Grond -> Colossals -> Magnaronn -> Gronn -> Ogron -> Ogre Lord -> Orge -> Orc

While Azeroth's life is perfect titan life corrupted and made "weak", the Draenic life is much more "Elementally imbued, primarily rock, then hit by unchecked Nature / Life magic until it came to life permanently"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    There were other cases in which inorganic races slowly became organic over time, outside or beyond the application of the Curse of Flesh. In "Chronicle Vol. 1" it describes the proto-dragons as descending from elemental spirits who somehow managed to avoid being sent to the Elemental Planes created by the Keepers - they weren't corrupted by the Curse of Flesh, they simply evolved into organic beings over time for reasons unknown (or perhaps cultivated by Tyr and the Keepers on purpose). The races descending from elemental and titan-forged Grond on Draenor are probably subject to a similar process - but it might also be explained by the mutual slaying of Grond and the Evergrowth and the outpouring of Spirit energy from the Evergrowth (which had been in the process of consuming Draenor's Spirit energy to fuel its own growth) effecting the Colossals and greater Elementals that came from the corpse of Grond.
    I somehow hope it's revealed the Old Gods only used the Titans evolutionary process and kinda stole it. I'm bias tho
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

You have a few things wrong here.

First the Titans didn't make any planets. There are a number of planets where the Titans influenced it, ordered it, but based on Chronicles it sounds to me like they didn't do much on most worlds. Azeroth is special for a number of reasons and has the most direct influence from the Titans.

Next, not all biological life is a result of the curse of flesh. Trolls for example, and by extension all elves, are a natural evolution of Azeroth. While there is Titan influence on Dreanor, the influence is minimal and life is natural there. In fact plant life, namely the Botani, was there before any Titans showed up. A Titan gave life to a rock based life form to fight the Botani, and from that monster came the ogres and orcs. But they developed naturally without any further influence from Titans or Old Gods or anything of the sort.

In short, other than those races on Azeroth that we know are a result of the Curse of Flesh, assume the race naturally came about.

As Grond and the Sporemounds fought, pieces of the battling leviathans fell to the earth and gave rise to the colossals, children of Grond, and the genesaur, children of the Sporemounds. After Grond's death, the colossals continued fighting the Sporemound Botaan and its minions, but over time many of the stone giants succumbed to their foes. From the colossals' remains, new creatures known as magnaron emerged. After the colossals sacrificed themselves to destroy Botaan in a massive explosion, spores from the plant creature's body, teeming with the Spirit of Life, drifted back to Draenor's surface and clung to the hides of the magnaron, weakening their bodies. Some of the magnaron devolved into beings called gronn, and due to the lingering effects of the spores, a small number of gronn continued degenerating into the ogron. Over thousands of years, the residual spores transformed a number of ogron into the ogres.
    Basically the spores containing life magic started to mutate the magnaron and subsequent evolutions into fleshier beings.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Basically the spores containing life magic started to mutate the magnaron and subsequent evolutions into fleshier beings.
    More accurate to say life element than magic, but yes.

Deleted
    I think if you slam enough spirit/life element into something it'll start to live and be organic.

It mentions in the warcraft chronicle II that orcs, ogres, gronns etc are all distant descendants of a giant mountain creature that faught the giant plant creatures or something to that effect

slime

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    i think the old gods did the same thing, they probably stole the spirit energy from the world soul and used it to make the curse of flesh happen

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I think if you slam enough spirit/life element into something it'll start to live and be organic.
    i agree completely