Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    Hopefully. His Legion model was so shit.

Now THIS is badass

+1

Nathanos looked so much cooler as a Forsaken.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    +1

I think a lot of 'previous models' looked cooler. Nathanos right now look a bit derpy with that hood... and just look on the new Abomination models, they look like they are made out of play-doh. </3

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    +1

I mean he looks awesome in this art, but wasn't his in-game model just a generic Forsaken?

Maybe that's the issue with regular looking Forsaken, it's harder to give them proper unique models, thus they don't stand out. I think Lillian Voss has different colored eyes, and Putress had that cool mask, but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigxy the Lemming View Post
    I think a lot of 'previous models' looked cooler. Nathanos right now look a bit derpy with that hood... and just look on the new Abomination models, they look like they are made out of play-doh. </3
    He looks derpy as a human. </3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdrop View Post
    I mean he looks awesome in this art, but wasn't his in-game model just a generic Forsaken?
    Yeah, and it was better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lol.. I’m pretty sure Sylvanas is in love with that guy. He honestly looked cooler in Vanilla.
    Of course she is, but that doesn't excuse her actions.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Of course she is, but that doesn't excuse her actions.
    pshaw! he was killing forsaken at marris stead, he had it coming . The ritual was just that famous forsaken efficiency ;^)

10+ Year Old Account
    pshaw! he was killing forsaken at marris stead, he had it coming . The ritual was just that famous forsaken efficiency ;^)
    Killing them, and that tells us he was the aggressor? He was a Paladin of the Argent Crusade, I find it highly unlikely he was not acting defensively when he killed them.

Lets not forget that technically he was the last living heir to that land, having thought Nathanos dead, and Nathanos having abandoned it, it was technically his land... He had every right to be there, and protect it from trespassers.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpentsatellite View Post
    Genociding baby dragons and murdering scores of paladins for pretty much no reason was just too far.

I'm to believe that after both factions worked together to defeat the Legion, they're going to immediately go to war again over misunderstandings, but my Alliance DK who is far, FAR more evil than the vast majority of the Horde is going to be welcomed with open arms?
    I don't condone what they did, but they are a faction that very much follows the philosophy of "the ends justify the means." And considering "the ends" in this case was, literally, saving Azeroth, I can't completely fault them. If they did nothing, those Paladins and dragons would have died anyways when the Legion won. At least this way, their deaths lead to victory.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    The Ebon Blade did that.
    At Bolvar's command. The Ebon Blade can't raise new Death Knights; only the Lich King can. He channeled his power through the artifact to raise his new Horsemen. He took Nazgrim from the Horde, Trollbane from the Alliance, and almost got Tirion. In doing so, he pissed everyone off. He's teetering on the line that Arthas crossed.

The Ebon Blade may have free will and choice to do as they see fit, but they are loyal to Lich King Bolvar...for now, at least.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

The Forsaken wouldn't exist without Sylvanas, so it would make sense that she's at the forefront of their lore...

It's like complaining about the presence of Arthas when talking about the Scourge. Really people?

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post
    I don't condone what they did, but they are a faction that very much follows the philosophy of "the ends justify the means." And considering "the ends" in this case was, literally, saving Azeroth, I can't completely fault them. If they did nothing, those Paladins and dragons would have died anyways when the Legion won. At least this way, their deaths lead to victory.

At Bolvar's command. The Ebon Blade can't raise new Death Knights; only the Lich King can. He channeled his power through the artifact to raise his new Horsemen. He took Nazgrim from the Horde, Trollbane from the Alliance, and almost got Tirion. In doing so, he pissed everyone off. He's teetering on the line that Arthas crossed.

The Ebon Blade may have free will and choice to do as they see fit, but they are loyal to Lich King Bolvar...for now, at least.
    I don't argue with the sentiment, but the writers didn't do the work in the story to justify the crimes.
    Choking and murdering dragons to raise a random broodmother that showed up ONCE in the Broken Shore... Murdering an entire city worth of paladins to raise a corpse when there's not only scores of other heroes that could fit the bill, but we end up with a very obvious cop out choice and find the Lich King was just testing us?
    Why try and show the Dks are still under the Lich King's little finger? Where was any explanation for that story and it's huge step back in development for the class members?
    The DKs have no reason at all to be loyal to Bolvar, at all. And there would need to be a hell of a lot of explanation for why Bolvar would want to decimate his friends and colleges like that, which the story just never gets into while trying to paint him as Arthas 2.0.

I just didn't like it. Similarly to how I don't like all Forsaken being painted as evil bastards who want to destroy all of the living, because... reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Killing them, and that tells us he was the aggressor? He was a Paladin of the Argent Crusade, I find it highly unlikely he was not acting defensively when he killed them.

Lets not forget that technically he was the last living heir to that land, having thought Nathanos dead, and Nathanos having abandoned it, it was technically his land... He had every right to be there, and protect it from trespassers.

Well now you're just making assumptions, all we know is he was "patrolling" that area and killed a lot of Forsaken. Could have just as easily been a crusade to kill any undead on sight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully. His Legion model was so shit.

Now THIS is badass

I actually prefer this one, which looks a lot more like he originally looked in game, not like a blue skinned Raziel from Soul Reaver:

Sometimes when an artist tries to hard, it defeats the purpose

Every time some notable forsaken comes along he sadly seems to stumble into the villain(Putress, these new council guys) pot or get put on the sidelines, like Lillian Voss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Every time some notable forsaken comes along he sadly seems to stumble into the villain(Putress, these new council guys) pot or get put on the sidelines, like Lillian Voss.
    Now now we can't have anyone eclipsing the wiafuchief in terms of storyline.

If they make a forsaken character more interesting than Sylvanas, people will realize she's not very interesting.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Detheavn View Post
    I actually prefer this one, which looks a lot more like he originally looked in game, not like a blue skinned Raziel from Soul Reaver:

Sometimes when an artist tries to hard, it defeats the purpose
    I don't think it's trying too hard. It's stylish but it's still true to the Forsaken look.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Forsaken don't feel like a race of people, they feel like a brainless, faceless horde of Sylvanas worshipers.

Their race would profoundly benefit if Sylvanas was removed from the picture and they were allowed to step into the spotlight.
    Garrosh did nothing wrong.
    #MakeTheHordeGreatAgain

Think we will get undead elves ?

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    How do you know the Desolate Council is gonna play the villain? I would say the opposite is gonna happen.

Lillain Voss isn't even a Horde character, she is an independent former scarlter who hates her own race, and she made an appearance in Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Frumpy Frumpy Frak View Post
    The Forsaken don't feel like a race of people, they feel like a brainless, faceless horde of Sylvanas worshipers.

Their race would profoundly benefit if Sylvanas was removed from the picture and they were allowed to step into the spotlight.
    Yeah, kinda like how when Vol'jin died we got tons of new Darkspear characters in the spotlight amirite?
    Last edited by ello; 2017-11-20 at 08:38 AM.

How do you know the Desolate Council is gonna play the villain? I would say the opposite is gonna happen.

Lillain Voss isn't even a Horde character, she is an independent former scarlter who hates her own race, and she made an appearance in Legion.
    Yes the secret desolate council is will surely visit the orgrimmar orphanage and read to the elderly on a regular basis. Sure thing. Other groups that do so as wel are the Grinning Cabal, the Twilight Assocication, the Shadow Theatre, The Butcher's Orchestra and the Skull Dancers.

Having a little role in the rogue order hall is not exactly big, that is very much the sidelines I've mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by De Lupe View Post

But that's the point. The Ebon Blade was the one trying to save Azeroth. Bolvar appeared and made a deal with them, but we don't know Bolvar's endgame. Bolvar clearly seized the opportunity to gather power, but to what end? May not be nice, and now he has the Ebon Blade in his hands.

It's possible the four horsemen may be manipulated, for instance. Maybe Bolvar can take their free will at any moment, since they were raised throught his power.
    Whatever...