Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

How would you rate MoP overall?

With the end of MoP three years ago. How would you rate it?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    9/10, great expansion, nice story, lore had dept, new memorable characters (THE THUNDER KING!), excellent setting and landspace, art and music where also very good.

If people say that Battle for Azeroth feels like another MoP, it's a very good sign.

I just wish that the male Pandaren were more cute 'n' fluffy, or savage warlord'ish, instead of fat, furry men. The females at least are fine.

5.5-6/10, 2nd worst expansion after WoD. There was nothing to do. I stopped playing WoW for 17 months straight, i had 0 interest in coming back.

For whatever reason people tend to look at MoP with rose tinted glasses, i assume because WoD came right after.

5/10 gear looked like shit until SoO

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    5.5-6/10, 2nd worst expansion after WoD. There was nothing to do. I stopped playing WoW for 17 months straight, i had 0 interest in coming back.

For whatever reason people tend to look at MoP with rose tinted glasses, i assume because WoD came right after.
    I was aware that MoP was the most content rich and well laid-out expansion to date during the course of it.
    No rose-tinted goggles here - everyone has their own taste, don’t try to explain it away with nostalgia.
    If you couldn’t find something to do, you just didn’t want to do what it offered.

8.5/10 - that first raid tier was maybe the worst ever, aside from rehash Naxx.

Hands down my favorite expansion so far. I raided and PVP'd and i enjoyed both thoroughly.

9/10

MOP had the best class design of any expansion. The only abilities i hated were abilities like curse of elements for affliction warlocks and hunters mark for beast mastery hunter. All of the classes that i like to play were a lot of fun in MOP.
    The questing zones for leveling and farming mats were pretty good.
    The dungeons were not that fun in MOP. They were OK. Burning Crusade and cataclysm had the funnest dungeons in my opinion. The throne of thunder raid was one of the best raids of all time. The idea of making timeless isle instead of endgame dungeons was very disappointing.
    I did not care much for the theme of MOP being Asian lore but the monk class was a lot of fun for all three specs.
    I think i liked MOP more than any other expansion.

Great expansion, probably my favorite, 9.5/10 just a shame that SoO lasted so long it tarnished it a bit

We doing this for every expansion now?

Content wise it did a great job, but I think MoP is pretty overrated overall. Its theme felt very off to the point that it was like playing a whole other game, and not one I'd be digging into. They overdid the Asian theme and stereotyped the pandaren and mogu. Raiding was about fine with ToT being one of the better raids, but I hated all the dungeons which had to much RP at several places. The story was pretty good till they decided to turn Garrosh into a psychopath. I'd say its not as good as TBC and WotLK, but better than Cata and WoD, making it about on par with Legion.

Subjectively best, Objectively second best.

There were many "leap forward" moments in the game that have set the basis for what we enjoy today.

Classes I played were fun (I didn't play a warlock).
    Raiding and PvP felt challenging, but rewarding.
    Lore, themes and world were rich and fun to explore.
    Last edited by Zig Zug; 2017-11-20 at 01:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post

Great story. Excellent lore.
    Wonderful new culture. New race full of so much life.
    First step of questing improvements.
    Fun characters.

"We had a year+ of SoO!" That's on the development team; NOT the actual expansion itself.

My only real issue with MoP were the dungeons...and that was more of a personal "me" problem than the expansion.

Personally, 9/10.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Never understood the hate 9/10.

MOP started out horribly, with gated gating behind gates. But in the end I thoroughly enjoyed it.

My favourite expac, would give it like a 9/10
    It has my favourite raid (ToT) and my favourite patch (5.2), best story out of all the expacs, plenty of stuff to do in every patch, I really liked the music and art too. Monk was a good addition as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of my favorite time periods of WoW.
    Leveling quests: solid
    Dailys: Lots of em, but well worth it
    Dungeons: eh, got pointless rather quick but still are rather fun
    Raids: Lots of fun, even if just LFR
    Class Design: Solid
    Pvp: Solid
    Patches: Awesome, the gap between the final patch and WoD was a little too long though.
    So yeah, overall very great expansion, one of the best.
    My only issue is how they portrayed Pandaren, we'd had a fair amount of artwork involving panderan before MoP and they mostly were furious beasts, not the fat lazy mongrels we got. Even the Shado-pan were somehow stupidly fat despite the fact that they hand to hand combat nearly ever day.

-Professions
    -Patch content was top notch

Dislikes:
    -5 mans
    -The 14 month thing
    -Daily overdrive at the start
    -PVP was a hot mess

Most everything else I was on the fence about. So I didnt think it was the greatest expansion of all time. But I also did not think it was a total piece of trash either. I wasnt one of those people that wrote it off only because it had panadas or some shit like that.

The 5 man content was horrible. Gonna ook you in the dooker ruined allot of it. Also the clown like music was bad and insulting.
    -enjoyed Soo and Tot, other raids not so much.

Worst raids in WoW except for Siege. Terrace of endless bullshit had less art and bosses than Trial of The Crusader, and the quality of the bosses themselves was below 0.

Hamfisted story told through hamfisted characters who talked to you like you were in a child's cartoon or Disney movie.

Villains no one cared about. We fought our "emotions". Gayest shit I've ever seen.

Purge of Dalaran only interesting story element.

Isle of whatever only good and innovative gameplay element, stolen from Guild Wars 2, of course.

Quest hubs even more hold your hand than Cataclysm. Very boring.

Everything was 2.0. Silithid 2.0. Titanforged 2.0. Ulduar 2.0. All dabbed with a China aspect or poorly veiled overarching story from Chinese history or mythos.

Boring China references. Nothing varied from Asia, just China. Fucking China everywhere.

Rapist monkeys who wanted to "ook you in da dooker".

Enless fucking daily quests, that was the only endgame content until Isle.

Pretty graphics, although that's one thing every WoW expansion has going for it.

Cringeworthy music. One "epic" theme playing over and over again at least in 4 quest chains in each zone.

Best part about it was that it ended.

No idea what the fuck people liked about throne of thunder and fuckwit king so much, the trolls fights were ironically the best part.

10+ Year Old Account
    5/10

It was only good by comparison to WoD and Legion.

Great expansion, second or third best depending on how Legion will end. The Pandaren themselves could get on my nerves sometimes, the Valor/rep grind in 5.0 was a bit silly and the dungeons were probably the worst offering in any xpack to be honest, but apart from that it hit most of the right notes. The zones were gorgeous, music was awesome as always, leveling was solid, it had the best new lore since WC3, the raids were great, it had some memorable new characters, and a good stream of content via patches. It was also probably the very height of class design before WoD hobbled many of them.