View Poll Results: What future races are you most excited for?

Voters
308. This poll is closed
  • Tauren: Yaungol, Taunka, Grimtotem et al

15 4.87%
  • Undead: Val'kyr, Vampires, Ghoul, Plagued human et al

46 14.94%
  • Orc: Maghar, Shattered Hand, Bonechewer (Fel), Blackrock et al

47 15.26%
  • Troll: Gurubashi, Amani, Drakkari, Farraki, Ice troll

21 6.82%
  • Blood elf: High elves, San'layn (darkfallen)

34 11.04%
  • Goblin: Gilgoblin, Hobgoblin, Undermine

3 0.97%
  • Human: Vrykul, Kul'tiran, Earthen, Barbarian

46 14.94%
  • Dwarf: Frost dwarf, Wildhammer, Earthen et al

20 6.49%
  • Gnome: Leper-gnome, mech-gnome

7 2.27%
  • Draenei: Broken/Void broken

11 3.57%
  • Worgen: Silverpine / Feral Worgen

8 2.60%
  • Night-elf: Children of Cenarius

23 7.47%
  • Pandaria: Hozen, Jinyu, Grummle, Saurok, Mogu

27 8.77%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I feel like this should have been a multi-choice poll, but I voted Worgen: Silverpine/Feral Worgen. I am excited for any of them and want to see heaps of them though, especially Feral Worgen.
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

None of these are Ethereal or Naga.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    None of these are Naga.
    someone please think of the Naga!
    for real though, no naga option breaks my heart.

There are already enough other races that Naga are the only ones not available that I'd care to have.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Mogu would be a very nice addition.

We already got the Zandalari, let's convince the least tyranic Mogu Warlord to join the Horde!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Venarik View Post
    someone please think of the Naga!
    for real though, no naga option breaks my heart.

There are already enough other races that Naga are the only ones not available that I'd care to have.
    Naga have no legs. How would they a) equip leg slot armor and b) use mounts

Not included for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Mausingen View Post
    I think going forward it's far more likely we'll see races that we've already encountered rather than new ones out of the blue, so who knows?
    Based on past Dev quotes, I believed this too, but two of the new six Allies have never been seen before, and three more were just introduced this expansion.

Just give us Vrykul FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    they would fit as an allied race, imo. they're mostly just scattered through the horde now, horde is their only real identity.

i'd like to see the vulpera. but i'd also like to see the sethrak.

look at that shit. i'm not 100%, but that looks like an entirely new model.
    It is still the Worgen base skeleton but it has entirely new animations. From what I understand, the other allied races are the same way. The Zandalari I believe still use the Night Elf base skeleton but have an entirely new set of animations, and the same goes for the Nightborne. I'm not sure about the others, but I've read that the Lightforged allegedly use different animations too. I hope the same goes for Void Elves and Highmountain.

7+ Year Old Account
    No Arakkoa in Poll, no vote!

jk, voted Bloodelf because male Bloodelves are hot, but still Arakkoa are my most wanted race.

10+ Year Old Account
    why there are races that won't make it, listed here ?
    Yeah Yaungol are more exiting than already-existed taurens (is there difference in look between highmountain and normal tauren in first place?) but they surely won't introduce them after they gave us taurens, twice
    or u mean to alliance ? I find it was a big chance to give alliance chance to access to taurens for example, and horde to space goats (lightforged) or dwarfs, but blizz decided to fuck it and just make horde access taurens twice and alliance dwarfs twice
    Also i didn't pass lvl 10 i think as dwarf ever, I remember u could make a dark skin dwarf since vanilla right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niovi View Post
    No Arakkoa in Poll, no vote!

jk, voted Bloodelf because male Bloodelves are hot, but still Arakkoa are my most wanted race.
    I think Etherals won most wanted race since their introduction from TBC, the poll was at least made once every expansion and since cata (poll was made in wrath era) I recall Etherals win it as most wanted race
    nvm just read 'my', but Arakkoa are also wanted, just Etherals usually win most, for me I want Furbolgs alliance Ogres horde since day one in wow, I still remember them being the 5th alliance/horde race in rpg books and i was puzzled why they weren't in wow
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    why there are races that won't make it, listed here ?
    Yeah Yaungol are more exiting than already-existed taurens (is there difference in look between highmountain and normal tauren in first place?) but they surely won't introduce them after they gave us taurens, twice
    or u mean to alliance ? I find it was a big chance to give alliance chance to access to taurens for example, and horde to space goats (lightforged) or dwarfs, but blizz decided to fuck it and just make horde access taurens twice and alliance dwarfs twice
    Also i didn't pass lvl 10 i think as dwarf ever, I remember u could make a dark skin dwarf since vanilla right?

- - - Updated - - -

I think Etherals won most wanted race since their introduction from TBC, the poll was at least made once every expansion and since cata (poll was made in wrath era) I recall Etherals win it as most wanted race
    nvm just read 'my', but Arakkoa are also wanted, just Etherals usually win most, for me I want Furbolgs alliance Ogres horde since day one in wow, I still remember them being the 5th alliance/horde race in rpg books and i was puzzled why they weren't in wow
    Ogres seems to be in very high demand. I regret not listing it.

I would have picked "none of the above" if it had been an option...I think we have enough playable races already and would prefer race/class combo's to be loosened and customization options to be increased/improved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by azurrei View Post
    I would have picked "none of the above" if it had been an option...I think we have enough playable races already and would prefer race/class combo's to be loosened and customization options to be increased/improved.
    they might expand on that in the future

I didn't vote, I am kinda intrigued by Vrykul being a playable race.

What I don't need and really have trouble seeing as a "race" are races with recolored skins and eyes, without starting zones and them only being there as part of a zone or storyline. Basically, LF Draenei, Dark Iron Dwarves, Highmountain Tauren etc.. The Nightborne are the most fleshed out of the new "races" so far, and it's honestly not too much.

The Sethrak and the Vulpera seem to come with more creatively changed animations and skins (Vulpera are rumored to be Goblins underneath), that's fine and cool with me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Hm i'm not sure. Even if Etherals are more wanted, i see more possibilities with Arakkoa, but thats just my own opinion.

Would be interesting to see a Poll about TBC races only. I think it would be a close call between Arakkoa and Etherals, maybe Broken too.

Deleted
    Eredar space goats for horde. Totally red/dark skinned please

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy Jones View Post
    Eredar space goats for horde. Totally red/dark skinned please
    I would have liked this as an option also, but given the fate of the Legion, wouldn't make much sense!
    Last edited by mmoc699dddf06b; 2017-11-21 at 09:38 PM. Reason: grammar

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    ... I have never wanted to play a snake-person character as badly as I want to, right now.

Make them an Alliance Allied Race! Have it be a thing with them getting the thumbs up from the Alliance 'cause they've been wrecking trolls for generations.
    If the Alliance get the Snake people, Horde get the Fox people!

.....and then if that were true I would genuinely be torn over which faction to play for the first time....These snake-folk look freakin fantastic! Yuanti Pureblood gogogo (okay fine not pureblood but whatever)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    If the Alliance get the Snake people, Horde get the Fox people!

.....and then if that were true I would genuinely be torn over which faction to play for the first time....These snake-folk look freakin fantastic! Yuanti Pureblood gogogo (okay fine not pureblood but whatever)
    Malison. /10char
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

I want to see the continuation of the nightborne's story, which is my favorite of the entire game, even if I am sad that it moves away from my favorite faction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

5+ Year Old Account
    As a staunch Sethrak supporter I'm glad there are some others who have found that movement video on youtube, I have another in my signature that shows someone from the blizzcon demo fighting them. I could honestly see the Sethrak going Alliance as the Horde help out the Vulpera fight against them in Vol'dun, the desert zone. The Vulpera are also use the goblin skeletal structure but I could honestly see that as a reason the Alliance could get them, sort of like a turning a valuable ally the Horde was cultivating.

As for the poll I chose the Undead because I would really like to play a fallen Elf like what I saw a long time ago in one of the subrace posts where someone did a mock up of them. However, all that comes second to playable Sethrak, doesn't matter the faction I will play them. I could easily see them as having these playable classes Mage, Priest, Warlock, Rogue, Hunter, Shaman, Warrior and I'd have a touch time not race changing my Priest, Rogue and Hunter all to Sethrak.
    Here are some links to their animations.