Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    6/10.

- Horrible theme. Did not fit the WC Universe.
    - Weak New Race. Aimed more towards children for more subs.
    - Overall game play/questing was decent.
    - Raiding was decent as well. I liked SoO, but again, wasn't a fan of the Sha stuff. SoO was then dragged out too long.
    - Isle of Thunder wasn't bad. Never cared for Timeless Isle as the grind of everything was worse then anything current.
    - But better than WoD, and slightly worse than Cata.

1. WotLK
    2. Legion
    3. BC
    4. Vanilla
    5. Cata
    6. MoP
    7. WoD

pvp was awful, sprouted the huge honorbuddy bot scandal. 1/10

10+ Year Old Account
    6/10, maybe 7 if I'm feeling nice. It wasn't the worst expansion, but I honestly didn't enjoy the vast majority of it. It didn't feel like WoW to me and I know that sounds silly, but it's just my opinion.
    Hey

Better than Cata, WoD, Legion.
    Worse than Classic, TBC, WoTLK.

I rate it a solid 8.5/10 I love the visuals. The music is superb, in my opinion, I love the chinese flair in the theme, and we got one of the most fun to play classes in the game: the monk. Again, in my opinion. I deducted 0.5 point because the expansion was very alt-unfriendly with reps gated behind reps (the Golden Lotus) and the over-abundance of dailies. Then another 1.0 point because I had to do a few BGs to get my PvE legendary cloak, and I despite PvP.

Actually, make it 9.5/10. The male Pandaren dance adds another 1.0 point.

The long content drought during SoO was bad, but that's not a fault of the expansion itself, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    5.5-6/10, 2nd worst expansion after WoD. There was nothing to do.
    There are many reasons to not like MoP, but I feel this one is not a valid one. MoP had plenty do to. Dino Isle bone farming, Thunder Isle rep farming, dailies, leveling farmer reputations, rare hunting for toys/pets, treasure hunting... Farming rep, rares, and timeless gear in Timeless Isle. There were a lot to do, actually.

My friends and I enjoyed it a lot. Most of my friends dont care about lore, buit in MoP they talked about the new character and the quests.

We played it a lot, but our raid group wasnt stable.

However I agree that I did almost zero pvp during MoP

8/10

MoP was the last decent expansion

also i love how people talk about the amount of content expansion had, how good it was lore wise, how cool were the zones blah-blah-blah and only occasionally someone mentions the actual gameplay, class design and stuff that ACTUALLY matters the most..

to me MoP was still decent(after MoP it all went to shit) when it comes to class design, classes were fun to play regardless of what you were doing, whether it was raiding or PVP.. But still it was the first expansion that i didnt play 24/7.. cuz already some of the changes to classes were significantly diminishing the fun you could have and the skill it required for you to play that class

Horrible.

I'll never forget shortly after Blizzcon 2011, Chris Metzen getting frustrated that people weren't feeling MoP, and had to give the "we're serious" bit.

I can't stand almost everything about it. Asian themes, Kungfu Panda, Kungfu period (can't stand martial arts, hi-yah! zen bullshit, drunk bears, grasshoppers, recolored Draenei (Mogu), the Asian music, dailies to get rep, to get to another level of dailies, terrible dungeons with drunk monkeys....

I can go on forever. I think WoD was better. And that's bad.

Systems: 9/10. +1 for the flying not fucked with yet.
    Content: 6/10. Too much Asian shit and too much grinding.

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP is right up there with Wrath and Legion for me in sending our character on a Journey that matters in a place I give a shit about. It was a good expansion.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

It was a great expansion that provided a lot of content. Sure, it wore out its welcome with how long we were in SoO, but there was always things to do.

Classes were in a good spot. (PVE and PVP)
    3 man Scenarios were a welcome addition.
    Drip fed continual single player content.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Deleted
    One of the better ones. The 14 months of SoO didn't do it any favors but other than that quite fun.

Probably the expansion that surprised me the most in terms of quality. I didn't expect anything (probably because of the hurr durr Kung Fu Panda Crowd) but got quite a lot of PvE Content.

PvP wise it was the nail in the coffin for me tho.

Overall? Still probably an 8/10 for me, because I enjoyed esp. the Raid Content quite a lot. (putting it up there with my favorite Expansions - WotlK and Legion).

The people complaining about the timeless isle being grindy probably never played WoD Reps. *shrug*
    Last edited by mmoc8d59f12786; 2017-11-20 at 03:54 AM.

A 6/10 probably, maybe a 7/10 if you turn a blind eye to their content timeline.. It wasn't well loved at the time, despite that it's looked at somewhat fondly by many now. I got more invested in WOD, even if I think WOD was a worse expansion.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Deleted
    Despite how much I hated Townlong + Dread Wastes, I thought it was a really solid expansion and I got on with the new / strange inhabitants of the land... and their 59,000 Daily quests.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    MoP was the last decent expansion

also i love how people talk about the amount of content expansion had, how good it was lore wise, how cool were the zones blah-blah-blah and only occasionally someone mentions the actual gameplay, class design and stuff that ACTUALLY matters the most..

to me MoP was still decent(after MoP it all went to shit) when it comes to class design, classes were fun to play regardless of what you were doing, whether it was raiding or PVP.. But still it was the first expansion that i didnt play 24/7.. cuz already some of the changes to classes were significantly diminishing the fun you could have and the skill it required for you to play that class
    You won't believe it, but not everyone judges an expac by class design / gameplay, that's why I enjoyed MoP a lot, because of the lore, characters, zones, questing etc, same goes for WoD.

OT: I rate the expac 10/10, it was perfect in everything, zones, music, characters, lore and content, lots of people say that BfA will be MoP 2.0, I reaaaally hope it will end up like that.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    The start of downhill (didn't play cata here)
    Talents became a joke of older times, lore was horribly shit upon (they did use an april joke fart as base idea for entire expansion), and the pandas the logo of the exp were dropped almost from start, with the explanation of 10k years they spent just brewing, fucking (to reproduce at least), and eating and nothing else,
    If that's the lore for you, I wonder if you ever read a single quest text in the entire expansion.

we helped save the Klaxxi for epics (seriously why not let them kill themselves? isn't ruining the cycle is the worst thing to happen to them? why the fuck we helped them?),
    Same as above. The Sha possessed the Klaxxi and were rapidly accelerating egg hatching time, and producing a much stronger swarm than normal. Which would have devastated the continent. Also, the relationship between the Klaxxi and the Pandaren is a perfect mirror of the relationship between the Alliance and the Horde: they are strong because of one another, instead of despite one another.

and ppl like to ignore that pandas were introduced in wc3 as samurai fighters with actual fit body, turned to kung fu panda ripoffs,

They never had "fit bodies". The models are the same, and they just replaced the sword with a cane and gave them common chinese outfit.

forced horde players to raid their own city, turning our own warchief to loot piniata, another 2 points is how they changed Garrosh from honorable orc to a wow hitler,
    Why do I get the feeling if instead you were raiding an Alliance city to kill an Alliance leader, you'd be cheering and praising the lore development?

and how the 2nd wow hitler (jaina) who did the purge of dalaran ppl like to ignore and still until now has no consequences for her action and no sign to even acknowledge it, even if the game do say lorewise she tried active genocide against blood elves for being blood elves
    Read the lore, please. While I won't say Jaina was blameless in this, you're completely ignoring that the Sunreavers sabotaged the defense of Theramore, costing Jaina her beloved city, then again with the stealing of the Divine Bell through Dalaran. Was Aethas in a hard place? Yes, but it was war and the Sunreavers had already proved to be unreliable twice. And Jaina herself didn't slaughter anyone. In fact, any blood elf she met she teleported to the Violet Hold instead of killing.

and also I remember no cross realm back then, so u not worry to compete over rares with ppl from 1502 other server
    Actually, cross realm was added at Mists launch.

15+ Year Old Account
    4/10, didn't like the general theme, the only expansion that makes it look any sort of okay was WoD.

Quote Originally Posted by r3gul8r View Post
    - Horrible theme. Did not fit the WC Universe.
    Care to elaborate why it doesn't fit, please?

- Weak New Race. Aimed more towards children for more subs.
    *sigh* Really? Another "omigod kung-fu panda ripoff" nonsense? Do all races must be hulking, overly muscular edgy characters? I mean, look at gnomes. Gnomes check all the checkboxes for the "cute" list. Were they aimed for children for more subs, as well? Goblins are arguably on the same vein, being more on the "comic relief" side of things.

Deleted
    Nice landscapes (Jade Forest and Dread Wastes specifically), nice raid boss fights. But too much panda stuff. And a pseudo-Chinese theme just doesn't feel like it fits WoW's general spirit.

9/10. If people give Legion anything higher than MoP it shows how foolish they were. Seeing as they reskinned MoP and made it more casual friendly. Literally, MoP was the best expansion, and the only reason its not is because we have morons who didnt like pandas and asian culture. The SoO was overkill, however they incetivized to keep doing it, and it was a fun raid.