Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7/10. Great content wise, always something todo. I am not much of a m+ fan myself and that made up for a pretty big deal. I really appreciate them doing a lot of content patches, but they weren't my favorite. It's way better then WoD and cata, but MoP and Wrath beat it patch wise imo. The ranked PvP is shit, that is what I used to do daily, but after legion season 1 I just quit that al together. Raiding wise its a great expension. I think nighthold was just amazing.

1) BC 10/10
    2) WotLK 10/10
    3) MoP 9/10
    4) Legion 8/10
    5) Vanilla 7/10
    6) WoD 4/10
    7) Cata 3/10

Quote Originally Posted by tkioz View Post
    I'd rate it a solid 8/10 honestly.

There are lots of hits, such as mythic+, world quests (simple iteration on dailies but much more interesting), some really good raids, decent if not exceptional story and lore, good steady content patches, etc.

Unfortunately there are a few misses with it, the AP system was interesting at the start but its really gotten stale, the smallish zones, legendaries are cool but the method of getting them was incredibly slow for a long time and really ruined the experience. Ironically I consider the 'trash' legendaries to be the most interesting, the ones that change a CC spell into a damaging ability, or give you a ton of movement, etc. While the most powerful ones that simply add a spell charge or reduce the cooldown on something are very very boring.

So yeah mostly hits but a few misses bring the total score down.

On a side note I'm trying to work out why people are rating Wrath a 10, is it just because its when you started playing or raiding or whatever? Because I remember the Argent Torment (not a spelling mistake)...
    What made Wotlk and BC better for me is that the server community was active and alive. Blizz killed it without really wanting to kill it but it still happened. Remember that guy from your server which you could hang out with in the capital city? How long has it been since you last saw him? That guy I have him in my friend list, he still plays to this day but I havn't seen him in game since WoD even tho we're on the same server.

I also think having only 2 raid difficulties was better. Less power creep overall, more people raiding highest difficulty, normal actually requiring skill, more fun overall. (IMO)

PVP was a lot more fun because classes were not pruned and had more tools to play with. (Maybe it was hard for new players but isn't it the same for all mmorpgs? Learning curves will always be there and should be there, WoW shouldn't be like D3)

Deleted
    Great, I live only for tears from people while farming Talon Vengeance reputation.

Still, 2000 bloody coins from MoP is on TOP.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    personally, after completing all raids on mythic so far within top 10 of my realm i obviously have a highly influential and professional opinion that is valued among the lesser achieving players that make up the majority of this forum.
    I did chuckle at this at least, good job OP.

Raids started out good and got worse with ToS, hopefully Antorus ends up better than that. Wardrobe was a great addition. AP went from shit to okay(during late NH) to shit to probably okay again during Antorus(until they add another grind). Legendaries are a fucking mess in so many ways. Spec design got worse almost across the board. M+ is okay. Followers and missions should've died in WoD and not resurrected into order halls. Patch pacing and the splitting of content into raids and world content in seperate patches were awful.
    Overall my least favorite expansion for its time, but I played through all of it anyway, because in the end I still enjoy WoW.
    Last edited by Tradu; 2017-11-20 at 07:58 AM.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Probably the best in terms of content, still miss the community feels from BC tho !

Quote Originally Posted by Shadocat View Post
    End? What end? At least 10 months to go.
    Not really. Legion ends with the release of Antorus. A 12 month drought will only worsen your opinion about Legion.

Let's rate Legion for every bigger patch:

7.0: 7
    7.1: 9
    7.2: 5
    7.3: 2

Legion overall: 6 - middle of the road expansion, way ahead of WoD but worse than every other xpac.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Great expansion, maybe the best so far even.

10+ Year Old Account
    Too much welfare and pointless content skips as a casual player makes the game feel worthless and why I quit midway, Mythic Raiding is beastmode awesome however when I did it for the first tier, 20 man size fixed to tune raids better is solid in the end.

yadda yadda usual Legendary complaints.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

8/10, eventhough i personaly liked the AP system and the legendaries, they kinda got a bit too much in the end, with the RNG sometimes being a bit much, would rate it the same as MoP gameplay wise which was my #1

Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    Haha I love how the OP was trolling so hard but because nobody even rad the OP but just the title this thread is actually healthy and informative.
    Thanks m80 for saving me from the embarrassing wall of text I was about to post.

6/10. I hated Nighthold. Broken shore was pathetic. Argus is the most annoying place ever created. RNG & Titanforging really killed my 'want' to play this game countless times through the expansion so far. Artifact system is dumb, and the netherlight crucible is 10x worse than their initial idea of just doing relics with 2 traits on them. Classes I'm pretty neutral on, but they did kill my love for DK entirely so I had to switch classes but warrior is alright and demon hunter is fun. Loved emerald nightmare. Tomb of sargeras is pretty good as well. M+ system is good, though I do hope for some changes with it in the next expansion. This will probably bump up to 7/10 if the next raid is good.

Also I hate their idea of weekly story quests. 5 minutes of new content isn't content to me. It's not even really story to me if it's that short. Give it to us in one go, one big chunk that takes a couple hours if you want to do it, otherwise put that development time into something else.

Legion will be remembered as exp that saved WOW after WOD travesty and not only that but Legion showed up to be best exp so far for me,every aspect is awesome and fun.I loved legendary system,artifact weapons on all 12 of my toons,great storyline,puzzles for mounts,frequent raids questlines mini patches and patches,pvp is fun for me once again,neverending world quests and hidden little things you can explore for hours.Voice acting too.Funny thing is Legion is not over yet,soon new raid and new bg and introduction to BFA!OMG i'm hyped for BFA!Cant wait,love you blizz,you have redeemed yourself for WOD keep up the good work.

9/10

Deleted
    I've been really active in this expansion only quit for a good 2 months (raid logging instead of actually playing) at the end of NH.
    Really enjoyed it, loved a lot of the design decisions and hated a few of them.
    Overall my ranking would be:

Wotlk > legion > mop > cata > tbc > wod=vanilla

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alexchaos View Post
    What made Wotlk and BC better for me is that the server community was active and alive. Blizz killed it without really wanting to kill it but it still happened. Remember that guy from your server which you could hang out with in the capital city? How long has it been since you last saw him? That guy I have him in my friend list, he still plays to this day but I havn't seen him in game since WoD even tho we're on the same server.

I also think having only 2 raid difficulties was better. Less power creep overall, more people raiding highest difficulty, normal actually requiring skill, more fun overall. (IMO)

PVP was a lot more fun because classes were not pruned and had more tools to play with. (Maybe it was hard for new players but isn't it the same for all mmorpgs? Learning curves will always be there and should be there, WoW shouldn't be like D3)
    I'm not disagreeing, but my question is about people rating Wrath 10. A 1-10 scale means 1 is the worst thing ever, 10 is perfect, no flaws, no faults, nothing. Wrath was great, but it wasn't perfect.

personally, after completing all raids on mythic so far within top 10 of my realm i obviously have a highly influential and professional opinion that is valued among the lesser achieving players that make up the majority of this forum.

overall i would say Legion was a solid expansion both in story and implentation of the story. having said that Artifact power and weapons were a failure and as we have heard, Blizzard are happy to see the back of them.

i would place this expansion slightly ahead but only just of WoD and quite a way behind MoP, Cata, Wotlk and TBC.

What are your opinions? (please keep them somewhat coherent)
    As a similarly prestigeful raider and an important player i find legion to an overall enjoyable expansion. Raids have been good but not great (i think this might be the first expansion ever where raids hasnet been better than the previous one) mostly due to too many annoying mechanics and frustrating instant raidwipe mechanics.

Legendary system has been awful, artifact power being spec specific killed offspecs, and artifact knowledge made rolling new alts a pain in the ass. Leveling was as fast and boring as it has been since cata (oh how i miss the slowpaced leveling of vanilla/tbc/wrath).

What saved this expansion for me was mythic+ dungeons and suramar max lvl zone. Both worked out great and ended this expansion on a 3rd place ahead of MoP imo but after wrath.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd rate it perhaps the strongest expansion so far. End-game is packed. Like it should be considering the leveling part is largely irrelevant. I'm just so slightly mad about Legiondaries, but got to admit it kept the treadmill going.

Legion > TBC > WoTLK > Cata > WoD > MoP

It's my second favorite after MoP.

7.0 - 7.1.5 The story and world / quest content SURAMAR / EN / ToV / NH was amazing.
    7.2 was pretty bad, ToS is ok.
    7.3 story was cool, but the free flow grind is getting old. Have to see the raid.

The class pruning was bad... I feel many classes / specs lost a lot of fun factor.
    A lot of classes have spammy gameplay with burst window buildups, which is annoying.

overall i would say Legion was a solid expansion both in story and implentation of the story. having said that Artifact power and weapons were a failure and as we have heard, Blizzard are happy to see the back of them.

i would place this expansion slightly ahead but only just of WoD and quite a way behind MoP, Cata, Wotlk and TBC.

What are your opinions? (please keep them somewhat coherent)
    Well, since you’re already on the pot, I guess I’ll go take a shit in the kitchen.