Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    In vanilla, we could make a custom group chat channel filled with good people who log on frequently and want to run BGs or 5 mans. This was destroyed when they added cross realm. BfA promises to add back that old functionality with the circles thing.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Deleted
    To be honest, after the first pull, if people are doing a lot less DPS than me, or anyone dies, I leave too, cba wasting my time with noobs, Ive got better things to do, if people cant keep up with DPS, or staying alive using their brains, they shouldnt play wow, this game has become a safe haven for casuals, they remove all good spells from the game, and now idiots are able to get high ilvl, i cant believe it tbh, so stupid.

EDIT: to add to this, i think the solution is, to remove gear drops from any mythic+ thats below level 15-ish as then noobs wont have crazy ilvl to join my groups.

Infracted.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2017-11-20 at 12:37 AM.

Had a Maw +15 yesterday that was on time to beat the timer. We wipe a couple times because our healer doesn't know how to avoid stuff on Helya very well. Tank leaves after the 2nd wipe probably 2 minutes after the time was up. Can I name and shame so people know not to group with this person or is that against the rules?

Quote Originally Posted by Evelyn View Post
    Healer here. I was just in a mythic +12 group and we wiped a couple times on last boss (due to dps not cc enough) and the tank went offline. This same thing happened to me last week, another +12 run on the last boss. Why do people do this? Blizzard needs to give these people a 1 day debuff at the very least. What makes it all the worse is two things: a) healing can be very intensive and a lot of work compared to the job of a dps. I also cc, and dps where I can. b) I am lucky if I have the time to devote to one of these runs. I don't raid because I don't have the time to raid. So it's especially sucks when this happens. /rant
    quick answer. no.
    what if you really were the problem being a shit healer and they knew they couldnt down it with your heals. maybe you came in here and lied about it to make yourself feel better that your a shit healer?
    plus 12 is difficult enough to warrant not carrying shitters. your idea is terrible with the debuff thing

Had another tank just bail on a 15 after 1 wipe with tons of time left on the timer. I 100% support a lengthy penalty debuff for people who leave M+ runs without a certain time period during and/or after the timer is up. The amount of assholes it will punish will be far, far greater than the # of people who honestly have a power outage or have to go save their wife from being eaten by a shark.

I agree,

Blizzard brought us all these toxic community-destroying people from other realms,
    so they should take some responsibility to battle the toxicity ingame.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KitzuEU View Post
    To be honest, after the first pull, if people are doing a lot less DPS than me, or anyone dies, I leave too, cba wasting my time with noobs, Ive got better things to do, if people cant keep up with DPS, or staying alive using their brains, they shouldnt play wow, this game has become a safe haven for casuals, they remove all good spells from the game, and now idiots are able to get high ilvl, i cant believe it tbh, so stupid.

EDIT: to add to this, i think the solution is, to remove gear drops from any mythic+ thats below level 15-ish as then noobs wont have crazy ilvl to join my groups.

Infracted.
    You belong on such blacklists as discussed here.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    Had another tank just bail on a 15 after 1 wipe with tons of time left on the timer. I 100% support a lengthy penalty debuff for people who leave M+ runs without a certain time period during and/or after the timer is up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsharna View Post
    You belong on such blacklists as discussed here.
    So yesterday we did some +17 for the weekly chest in a guild. Afterwards our healer and one other player wanted to do a run on their alts as well, so we went to DHT. Since we had a couple of alts, we couldn't do the +18 and had to down-rank the key a few times to run the 15.

Are you saying that I should receive 3 lengthy penalties for "leaving" the dungeon 3 times way before the timer was up?

I said it before, but I will say it again: automatic punishments (such as a deserted debuff or worse) only make sense in automatic-grouping content.
    You can't control who you are thrown in with when you use the dungeon finder for a heroic, so the system is setup to promote working towards the preset goal (completing the dungeon), rather than leaving the group.

In non-automatic groups (such as m+, as there is no automatic group finder for m+), there is no reason to do that because there is no preset goal.
    As you can see from the example above, I entered 5 m+ dungeons yesterday and completing them was the goal in only two of them in the first place.

Maybe we want to de-rank the key. Maybe we want to practice some big trash pulls or an interesting skip at high tyrannical key where we know we can't defeat the bosses and will just leave after it.
    You don't get to "ban" (whatever punishments you envision) me and my friends because we have different goals in mind than you do. What you can do is not to group up with us. You have that option because the grouping for m+ is intentionally not automatic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meiffert View Post
    So yesterday we did some +17 for the weekly chest in a guild (...)
    You quoted me, but I never advocated automatic blacklisting really. I am much more in favour of a player tribunal really. There are millions of players, so there should be enough people with good background and time available to do that - even in their office/study hours, outside of their usual play-time. Dedicated players who want to participate in WoW-related activities even when they can't play directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    In vanilla, we could make a custom group chat channel filled with good people who log on frequently and want to run BGs or 5 mans. This was destroyed when they added cross realm. BfA promises to add back that old functionality with the circles thing.
    In Legion you have a BNet friends list that isn't held back by realms and you can also create custom chat groups via the client. You also have 3rd party options such as discord or whatsapp.

Healer here. I was just in a mythic +12 group and we wiped a couple times on last boss (due to dps not cc enough) and the tank went offline. This same thing happened to me last week, another +12 run on the last boss. Why do people do this? Blizzard needs to give these people a 1 day debuff at the very least. What makes it all the worse is two things: a) healing can be very intensive and a lot of work compared to the job of a dps. I also cc, and dps where I can. b) I am lucky if I have the time to devote to one of these runs. I don't raid because I don't have the time to raid. So it's especially sucks when this happens. /rant
    so just because group was unable to clear the dungeon tank should be finished ?

no wonder he left if he has seen that group has no chance of killing boss and all he would be doin by staying there would be wasting time.

i understand that leaving after 1 wipe is not ok - but couple of wipes without progress ? waste of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombercloner View Post
    Blizzard wants people to play the game. Getting a 24 hour debuff isn't fun. The debuff will be more likely to encourage players not to log in for 24hours than to not leave a failing group. Blizzard would rather the community be large and leave a group when it isn't fun anymore, then make the game not fun when they leave a group and not play for 24 hours.
    But ruining 4 other Players time is inacceptable. You cant fill up a Myth+ on the final Boss.

Maybe not an automated system to penalize such people. But maybe you can Flag them, and if people are Flagged enough times someone investigates. I seriously doubt that a Player will have a power Outage only after he wipes 3 times on a Boss, more than once a month.

And the Debuff essentially doesnt mean he cant go. Maybe he just cant join via tool anymore, and only run Guild Groups for a certain time. (Week or so). This doesnt push a too hard Restriction, but blocks him from ruining other groups why might need to learn/adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by CerealLord View Post
    Now, this is possible. I don't do very high m+ and if I do it is with guilds, but is it common for pugs to all get in TS? Normally its just get in group and go.
    Its not, but I Usually invite people for not trivial content to my TS server.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    No, because in my case I have Powerline Networking which has a habit of crashing and disconnecting.
    That would appear to be a disconnect instigated from my side.
    Wireless hasn't been entirely reliable either.
    No, if your Network Crashes it will still say "User Timed out".
    Because thats exactly it. If the Client sends the command: "I Quit", you Disconect. If this doesnt happen, then the Server still waits for your Packages, and if no answer comes, it terminates your connection with: "Time Out"

Obviously you can fake this easily. PowerSwitch on your PC, Network Cable, Router Power and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    BTW, healing is the easiest job. If it's hell, it means your group is shit. When you heal in a group of decent players (because decent is doing everything right) you barely have to heal anything, that's why healers in high M+ groups surprisingly have a lot of dmg, they don't just push it and decide to not heal, they simply don't have to heal cuz their DPS are not mentally challenged so they use this free time to do dmg instead of healing nothing.
    Not Gonna argue with the "Healing is hard" Part. I am not a good healer, so for me Healing is Hard.
    But with the rest I Agree with you. Sometimes DPS (Or Tanks, though Usually I´m a tank and atleast I think I´m decent) just do stupid things, and the healer might think hes doing it on Purpose. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    if there are specific expectations beyond just the timer, or in content where there isn't one then those should be made clear in advance.
    If you are picking people not meeting some requirement that they aren't aware of, then it isn't always them at fault.
    Agreed, I hate it when People leave with: "I thought it would be Quicker".
    If people dont have much time or they expect to be done in a specific time frame, they should say it beforehand.

I personally dont enjoy speeding through everything, and feeling always on the run.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    I don't think a 'deserter'-like debuff needs to happen.

What would be nice, though, is a 'pause' option, where when someone drops group (in OP's case, due to votekick from DC), the timer stops so you can refill the spot.
    The 'pause' option should only enact when the party is out of combat, then the party is treated like they wiped and sent back to the beginning of the dungeon during the pause, so they can exit and summon as needed.
    This will retain bosses killed, the clock at its paused time, and trash % remains intact.
    The pause itself will have a timer, maybe 15 minutes, before it auto-resumes and ends up just like today (where someone drops and the timer keeps a-tickin').
    When choosing to resume, you are placed at the spot of the last defeated boss (just like you just wiped and respawned), given the 10 sec countdown type of thing, then you continue from there, with trash and % and such intact otherwise.
    So, if you were at the last boss and someone drops, you go to the previous boss' room (or wherever the respawn point is), then run through empty hallways to the last boss because trash doesn't respawn on resume.
    Probably other things need considered here to prevent abuse, but a pause option could even help if someone has a legit emergency, like their dog somehow got out the front door and they need to go catch it, or the FBI knocked because they need the person's keen senses and eye for details to solve a murder case.
    You know, IRL stuffs.

This could be tricky as hell to pull off, but would help those groups who have someone bail for whatever reason.
    Love that Idea.

5+ Year Old Account
    I use to pug a lot of M+ and it was soul killing. I can't tell you how much getting a small group of people from my guild into a 'team' has improved my enjoyment of the game. Just ask after raid or in your guild discord and find people. It's a hell of a lot more fun. We even do shit that I would never imagine doing in a pug, like 'toxic' keys (lower kara on teeming week) just for the hell of it, and stuff like trying to kill each other with shared mechanics and all sorts of things.

10+ Year Old Account
    How about something like HotS is doing with people who leave/disconnect/alt-F4 during games?

In HotS you are required to play 1 qucikmatch with other 'leavers' before you can queue up for regular quickmatch again.
    If WoW would have this, let the leavers complete one heroic dungeon with other leavers? Or would that be too extreme?

Deleted
    But ruining 4 other Players time is inacceptable. You cant fill up a Myth+ on the final Boss.

Maybe not an automated system to penalize such people. But maybe you can Flag them, and if people are Flagged enough times someone investigates. I seriously doubt that a Player will have a power Outage only after he wipes 3 times on a Boss, more than once a month.

And the Debuff essentially doesnt mean he cant go. Maybe he just cant join via tool anymore, and only run Guild Groups for a certain time. (Week or so). This doesnt push a too hard Restriction, but blocks him from ruining other groups why might need to learn/adjust.
    Yesterday I listed my alt for an +11 EoA and was invited. The dungeon started as +14. Don't ask me why.

Two DPS died on the first boss. I was surprised, but stayed
    On the second Boss the heal and two DPS died. I was mad, but stayed.
    Third boss was a clear kill.
    Fourth boss was killed by the heal and me (all DPS dead at 40%). Still stayed.

Last boss, 6 wipes, no kill. 64 minutes waste of time and i made the decision that next time DPS can´t survive a fortified boss I will leave. And I won't care if I get a 24 hour account wide debuff. I will even deplete my own key, because watching 3 people die to static nova or the ret dying 4 times to the jailer in votw (no, not the cage, the green void, and yes we got 5, he missed one cause he didn't release) is so depressing, I just won't do it anymore.

Yes, there should definitely be a penalty of some sort and it's crazy there isn't yet. If you leave a BG, which really does not harm the game in any way because another random can get assigned the very instant you leave, you get a 15 min deserter debuff. Same for LFG dungeons (normal/heroic). In M+, a person quitting destroys the whole run, it's ridiculous there is no penalty for that at all. Especially in case of long dungeons in which groups struggle for a long time.

And it shouldn't matter whether someone had power outage, disconnect, or ragequit. The reason doesn't matter. By leaving you waste other people's time, a lot of time sometimes. If you have unstable connection, or think you might need to leave your pc, just don't effin start group activities in a mmo-game. It's as simple as that.

I get the argument that this person may then be reluctant to play the game for the next 24 hours and blizzard will lose money....but they will lose more when the other 4 people who wanted to stick around till the end of the dungeon quit the game because this shit happens on daily basis to them. Think about that.

Yeah I agree with the OP, I would increase the penalty to the remainder of the reset though. That would make each idiot think twice before deserting.

Quote Originally Posted by Vluffyvlaush View Post
    Yesterday I listed my alt for an +11 EoA and was invited. The dungeon started as +14. Don't ask me why.

Two DPS died on the first boss. I was surprised, but stayed
    On the second Boss the heal and two DPS died. I was mad, but stayed.
    Third boss was a clear kill.
    Fourth boss was killed by the heal and me (all DPS dead at 40%). Still stayed.

Last boss, 6 wipes, no kill. 64 minutes waste of time and i made the decision that next time DPS can´t survive a fortified boss I will leave. And I won't care if I get a 24 hour account wide debuff. I will even deplete my own key, because watching 3 people die to static nova or the ret dying 4 times to the jailer in votw (no, not the cage, the green void, and yes we got 5, he missed one cause he didn't release) is so depressing, I just won't do it anymore.
    So basically...you left an otherwise decent run because you wiped a couple times on the last boss, you are the embodiment of a reason penalties should be introduced for leaving m+. So much work, such progress, and everything is in vain because one guy cannot take a couple wipes. And of course you also probably believe your performance was flawless, and it was the other guys who failed all the time. Classic.

It's especially unacceptable for a tank, who just opens the group finder and instantly jumps to a group. These people were probably making that party for like 30 minutes.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2017-11-20 at 11:35 AM.

On top of that, if you finish the dungeon without them, they still get the loot and m+ score.

A druid dps left (disconnected) our Arcway+12 after the second boss for no reason. We still managed to do it in time as 4 man, and in the end we got one less piece of loot (which went to his mail), and his record was shown on the m+ scoreboards. Afterwards we asked him why he left, he said he just got bored. Ridiculous opportunity for griefing if you ask me...
    Last edited by Shalanoree; 2017-11-20 at 11:32 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    So basically...you left an otherwise decent run because you wiped a couple times on the last boss, you are the embodiment of a reason penalties should be introduced for leaving m+. So much work, such progress, and everything is in vain because one guy cannot take a couple wipes. And of course you also probably believe your performance was flawless, and it was the other guys who failed all the time. Classic.
    Ok, you know EoA? You know the last boss? So you know there are three things to do:
    1. Stack with crushing depths
    2. Move out with arcane bomb and get dispelled
    3. Move out of massive deluge

And top of that a little personal dodging and awareness from the healer when heaving sands is up
    So explain to me, how it could be my fault that DPS die to massive deluge. The see where i am standing, the don't have to be close to the tank any time. I as tank can move in for crushing depths. But in this group i couldn't because the heal ran away from the group in ghost wolf to die.

And no, it was not a decent run, a decent run would have wiped on the second boss, which was finished by the shadow and me, with the shadow getting loh, 2x sac and a bop. In how many decent groups you see heal and tank two maning a boss for 40%?

And i didn´t leave. We called it, as a group, because the DPS was also sure the won't kill the boss. Warrior left first btw, so no debuff for me. But it was clear after the first boss that this will be a hard long run and nothing i had in mind when i queued up for a +11...

Deleted
    I might have a solution for your needs. What if you spend a few days/weeks into getting a group together with ppl you enjoyed playing with. Give them a whisper after a dungeon and tell them your plans and that you liked playing with them. For example:"Hello, you did a very good job there! Would you like to run some mythics on set times/days with a group?". You might get a 80% respond that they dont do fixed runs and it was a one time thing, but you need only 4 ppl more right?

If you join a guild, and/or have like 10 ppl in your list that are willing, im sure you can make a evening filling group of mythics without anyone leaving. 2 plusses with this plan is that 1) You get to know eachother (might even make friends) 2) Group performance increases

Deleted
    Take their name up and try whispering them until they are back online and ask them what happened? You can almost feel it, if they just dc or did they just leave. They propaply ignore you in panic.