Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Yeah well I mean that's the thing exactly; why would you ever say anything nice about someone like Charles Manson.
    Because he just died, I don't know, it's a custom to try to say something nice or decent right. As I said I don't disagree with you, I'll never try to search for another decent thing about Charles Manson ever again.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Well, one less evil person in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironcast View Post
    I hope with his death they will use him as a 'case study' of sorts in then next series of Mindhunter on netflix. He's mentioned, but that's it!
    I think that being a case study in multiple criminal psychology classes, along with Chikatilo (53 confirmed murders by the way, many more suspected, most victims under 17 years of age) is more than enough. You really do not need to spread their "fame and glory" around. Even many internet "top-10" for similar shit try to avoid listing some of the names.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    I think that being a case study in multiple criminal psychology classes, along with Chikatilo (53 confirmed murders by the way, many more suspected, most victims under 17 years of age) is more than enough. You really do not need to spread their "fame and glory" around. Even many internet "top-10" for similar shit try to avoid listing some of the names.
    Yeah, I guess you are right. He was mentioned by name quite a few times with a certain 'reverence' by some characters in the show. Personally, as its kind of/not really based off true events, I would be happy with a story line that was similar to his, but not by name or specifics.

Oddly enough, isn't Tarantino's next movie based on him? Well, he wants Margot Robbie to play Sharon Tate, so there are only so many routes you can go with that plotline... (unless he does a rejig of history, similar to Inglorious Basterds).

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is about 50 or so years late.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    A sad day. He didn't deserve the punishment he got.
    I agree, He deserved a trip to the gallows, or a nice relaxing seat on an electric chair.

Good riddance indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    He has been kept in jail for 50 fucking years and people still attack him after his death? That's disgusting.
    He's a monster...

10+ Year Old Account
    Manson belonged in prison, but people are getting something wrong about the crime that he is associated with. The Manson Family killed Sharon Tate and Co. not because he ordered them to, but because he lost control of them. The Manson Family went to the house of a record producer that stiffed Manson on a song not knowing that said producer had moved out some weeks earlier and Tate/Polanski moved in afterward. The Manson Family did what they did to please their leader, like a happy surprise gift. This is all covered in John Douglas's Behavioral Science book "Mindhunter." When Manson said he never killed anybody or ordered anyone killed he was actually telling the truth. The fact, though, that the Manson Family was willing to go to such lengths to make Manson happy speaks volumes. I'm not one of those people who claim he's currently in Hell or going to the lake of fire, but he did deserve the prison time he got.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    For not killing a single person? You haven't killed anyone, so you first.
    He's a master manipulator. He's as guilty as the people he manipulated into committing the murders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    We don’t know if he was telling the truth. He said he never ordered the family to do any of the killings, they said he did.
    Winter if you can’t trust the word of lunatic scumbag piece of shit like Manson who can you trust?
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    We don’t know if he was telling the truth. He said he never ordered the family to do any of the killings, they said he did.
    Well, Douglas investigated and interviewed him and that was his assessment... which I find more credible than what we're getting in the news media right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Unhinged View Post
    I don't defend their actions at all. It just naive and moronic to just pass off these kind of people as evil and not learn from such events to prevent them.....you know, like a logical person.

Look at history and the world around us to see what horrific people will do when they believe in something.These people are evil monsters, they are human like the rest of us. We could use them as lessons but instead the media and hordes just loves to dehumanise them to make themselves feel superior when you truth is they are the same as us. Live with your head in the sand if you want but if we take time to learn about these people we could possibly avoid this happening so frequently.
    Calling him and his actions evil while being happy about his death is not in anyway mutually exclusive with learning things about him and his issues.

May he rest in peace.

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    Did Manson ever physically kill anyone? Or did he just tell his followers to do it?
    He didn't kill anyone, and while he's accused of telling people to kill people he denies it and there's reason to believe either way. There's plenty of outlandish theories out there regarding what exactly happened, but we're not supposed to talk about conspiracy theories here and I'd say most of them qualify in one way or another. But, since the story is that he was trying to provoke a race war leaving him the last white man standing, I guess the normal story is a conspiracy as well.

He was charged with conspiracy to commit murder. Conspiracy to commit a crime has the minimum sentence for committing the crime itself. So 9 counts of conspiracy puts you in a whole heap of trouble.

OT - Good fucking riddance.
    Would be interesting to see if he gets exonerated in later years though, his ideals if not his methods, at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    Whilst I will say I'm glad he's dead and it couldn't have come soon enough. Comparing him to Hitler in popularity actually diminishes just how evil Hitler was.
    I mean as an individual person, Charles Manson was much more evil than Hitler. Hitler's evil was in the political movement he was the head of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Good guy, met him at a charity do once, seemed really down to earth

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Would be interesting to see if he gets exonerated in later years though, his ideals if not his methods, at least.
    I don't think "race war" is going to become much of an exonerated concept.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    I don't think "race war" is going to become much of an exonerated concept.
    Depends who wins :P

Disclaimer : Pretty ignorant of the whole thing, but tell me where I go wrong - He was a bit nuts and convinced a race war was coming in the US between whites and blacks and in an attempt to precipitate it he formed a cult of young hollywood wannabes/musicians set out to sort of frame both sides of the issue against each other, only they got caught moderately soon after starting their plan.
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2017-11-20 at 10:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiklis View Post
    http://www.tmz.com/2017/11/19/charle...on-dead-at-83/

Well we knew it was coming but guy's finally dead.

No more wasted tax money on him
    My sympathies to his Family.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Quit using other posters as levels of crazy. That is not ok

If you look, you can see the straw man walking a red herring up a slippery slope coming to join this conversation.