Page 16 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    See, I love this. DC reimagines a character differently on the screen than in the comics and it's blasphemy. Marvel does it with literally every villain in every movie and it's considered genius.

The double standards applied to the company's are ridiculous. I wish Marvel fans would realize that Marvel succeeding doesn't require DC failing and just start enjoying comic movies. I mean, FFS I saw someone complain that DC movies were too "comic-bookey" smdh.
    I didnt realise Michael Keaton dressing up as a vulture by wearing a puffy leather coat was considered genius. Marvel are often criticized for their villain pool.

Or is it just easier to assume im a marvel fanboy because I didnt like Jesse Eisenberg as an iconic character. And Ive never seen someone complain about movies being too close to the source material but its the internet so im sure you can find examples for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    My criticism is that they turned the human perfection model of Lex Luthor in the comics/animated series who is business/street level genius gangster with a body like arnold schwarzenegger in his prime that ultimately ends up leading teams of super villains to fight the JL. Who builds himself mechanical suits to fly into space fighting the likes of superman and resisting planets gravity and g-force like its not even there. And plotting and executing take overs of other more phyiscal imposing super villlains like Grodd a telepathic giant ape and it be believable.

You're telling me a coked up Mark Zuckerberg is that same guy
    I mean technically he's playing Alex Luthor, Lex Luthor's son.

But yeah obviously they went in a totally different direction to classic portrayals of Luthor.

I didnt realise Michael Keaton dressing up as a vulture by wearing a puffy leather coat was considered genius. Marvel are often criticized for their villain pool.
    I thought it was :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

7+ Year Old Account
    Literally on the last page of this thread Vulture was being hailed as a villain Over in the Marvel thread I believe people were defending Hela as a great villain.

There's plenty of Marvel homers bashing DC for exactly what Marvel does with their villains, if you're not one of them then great for you. But you're in this thread bashing a DC villain while Marvel villains are being hailed, if you plan on calling out one then call out them all. i.e. As I've said, almost none of the movies have great villains because almost none of the movies are about the villains.

And if you've never seen anyone complain about movies being too close to the source material then you've clearly never read a conversation about Snyder's adaptation of Watchmen
    Why would I want to mention Marvel villains, none of them are that note worthy except Thanos who is a carbon rip off of Darkseid. And its a DC thread so I didnt realise it was out of line discussing DC villains.

The entire ending of Watchmen was changed so you cant say it was totally faithful. And Snyders criticisms are larger than his vision of the work. Its normally the complete lack of a cohesion story which ruins his otherwise pretty good visual work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post

I thought it was :P
    His frizzy hair was pretty bird like I'll give you that

Just got back from seeing it and loved it! There is nothing really wrong with this movie and people like Mormolyce could save themselves a ton of typing and just say "I'm a Marvel homer, reflexively hating DC".
    Look you can disagree with my opinion and that's fine, but this DC/Marvel factionalism thing is utter, utter bullshit. I love superheroes, and I don't check which fucking logo is on the front of the comic before I do so, I base it on the character themselves. I am not wed to one fucking company's superheroes like some kind of tribalistic moron.

And for the record a lot of the reason I am unhappy about the DCEU is BECAUSE I care about DC characters and their stories. For the record I grew up in love with Batman and Superman, and I'm over the moon that Wonder Woman actually got a film incarnation that did her justice (unlike the others). Actually we can add Flash to the "working well" box in the DCEU... so they're up to two.

Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    Also why the fuck they kept cutting away to that random family that no one cares about? They had more screen time than JK Simmons and Louis Lane combined.
    My theory: the entire end action/fight sequence was already made by Snyder, and there were no civilians involved anywhere so it was a big CGI-fest in a weirdly empty city with no stakes. Whedon decided he needed some actual weight to it so he levered in that family to give Flash someone to save in his big moment (and Superman also got to save a house full of random civilians). It really sticks out because not only are all the scenes with that family jammed into the film in a jarring way, but the final fight actually has to pause in the middle so they can go save them, and then they fly right back and it picks up like nothing happened.

Still, as awkward as it was I did enjoy watching superheroes save people for once. And Flash looking pleased with himself and then looking over to Superman doing some real Superman shit was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    They're characters from teen Titans
    Wait are they?

My theory: the entire end action/fight sequence was already made by Snyder, and there were no civilians involved anywhere so it was a big CGI-fest in a weirdly empty city with no stakes.
    Without watching the movie, I'm guessing that the stakes are that if they lose, the Earth will be enslaved by evil aliens.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahourai View Post
    Without watching the movie, I'm guessing that the stakes are that if they lose, the Earth will be enslaved by evil aliens.
    Worse, if they lost the motherboxes would continue to terraform the Earth until it became just like Steppenwolf's homeworld (presumably Apokolips, though the film takes a lot of liberties).

Which is totally not the same as Zod's plan in Man of Steel.

See, I love this. DC reimagines a character differently on the screen than in the comics and it's blasphemy. Marvel does it with literally every villain in every movie and it's considered genius.

The double standards applied to the company's are ridiculous. I wish Marvel fans would realize that Marvel succeeding doesn't require DC failing and just start enjoying comic movies. I mean, FFS I saw someone complain that DC movies were too "comic-bookey" smdh.
    I'm sorry but out of everything wrong with Batman v Superman, Lex Luthor is the worst.

Look you can disagree with my opinion and that's fine, but this DC/Marvel factionalism thing is utter, utter bullshit. I love superheroes, and I don't check which fucking logo is on the front of the comic before I do so, I base it on the character themselves. I am not wed to one fucking company's superheroes like some kind of tribalistic moron.

And for the record a lot of the reason I am unhappy about the DCEU is BECAUSE I care about DC characters and their stories. For the record I grew up in love with Batman and Superman, and I'm over the moon that Wonder Woman actually got a film incarnation that did her justice (unlike the others). Actually we can add Flash to the "working well" box in the DCEU... so they're up to two.

My theory: the entire end action/fight sequence was already made by Snyder, and there were no civilians involved anywhere so it was a big CGI-fest in a weirdly empty city with no stakes. Whedon decided he needed some actual weight to it so he levered in that family to give Flash someone to save in his big moment (and Superman also got to save a house full of random civilians). It really sticks out because not only are all the scenes with that family jammed into the film in a jarring way, but the final fight actually has to pause in the middle so they can go save them, and then they fly right back and it picks up like nothing happened.

Still, as awkward as it was I did enjoy watching superheroes save people for once. And Flash looking pleased with himself and then looking over to Superman doing some real Superman shit was great.

Wait are they?
    theyre terra and geoforce. the end battle scene takes place in markovia where theyre from

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    theyre terra and geoforce. the end battle scene takes place in markovia where theyre from
    Are you sure? I haven't seen any confirmation of any of that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    I'm sorry but out of everything wrong with Batman v Superman, Lex Luthor is the worst.
    I dunno, I think if you took Eisenberg's Luthor out, it would be pretty much just as bad, but slightly more boring.

Are you sure? I haven't seen any confirmation of any of that.

- - - Updated - - -

I dunno, I think if you took Eisenberg's Luthor out, it would be pretty much just as bad, but slightly more boring.
    monumentally the criticism as a whole is being levied at eisnberg, and deservedly so! He was F'ing terrible. He was worse then leto's joker and my god that takes effort.

Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    monumentally the criticism as a whole is being levied at eisnberg, and deservedly so! He was F'ing terrible. He was worse then leto's joker and my god that takes effort.
    I found Leto's Joker worse.

Honestly I found the movie so god awful that I welcomed Luthor's scenes, at least he was distracting and moved the plot along.

Literally on the last page of this thread Vulture was being hailed as a villain Over in the Marvel thread I believe people were defending Hela as a great villain.
    It was me that said Vulture was a great villain. I didn't say he was genius, I said he was great. I didn't tout him as some glorious reinvention of the character either. Also I'm not RobertoCarlos, so maybe my opinion isn't the same as his and therefore not valuable in your arguments with RobertoCarlos' opinions. Please don't exaggerate my commentary to try to argue a point with someone else.

Also, I find it interesting that many people have a problem with Lex Luthor from BvS and that's the problem because you liked Eisenberg's performance, but since you didn't like Keaton's Vulture, someone who likes the Vulture is the opinion you bash.

You really need to revisit the concept of subjective and how to respect opinions on subjective topics.

There's plenty of Marvel homers bashing DC for exactly what Marvel does with their villains, if you're not one of them then great for you. But you're in this thread bashing a DC villain while Marvel villains are being hailed, if you plan on calling out one then call out them all. i.e. As I've said, almost none of the movies have great villains because almost none of the movies are about the villains.

And if you've never seen anyone complain about movies being too close to the source material then you've clearly never read a conversation about Snyder's adaptation of Watchmen
    You seem to drag Marvel into this conversation just as much as the next person, so it feels a bit disingenuous to gripe about Marvel/DC comparisons when you are just as complicit in doing it as others. You also seem to presume that any criticism of a DC film equals Marvel fanboi-ism, which may be true in some cases, but certainly is not true in all cases.

They should call Aquaman, Broseidon lord of the Brocean.

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

My criticism is that they turned the human perfection model of Lex Luthor in the comics/animated series who is business/street level genius gangster with a body like arnold schwarzenegger in his prime that ultimately ends up leading teams of super villains to fight the JL. Who builds himself mechanical suits to fly into space fighting the likes of superman and resisting planets gravity and g-force like its not even there. And plotting and executing take overs of other more phyiscal imposing super villlains like Grodd a telepathic giant ape and it be believable.

You're telling me a coked up Mark Zuckerberg is that same guy
    If anything good came from the Brandon Roth Superman, Kevin Spacey was down right scary as Lex Luther. It still want traditional comic book Luther, but his character portrayal was amazing. Awful story aside...

I never said either that I liked Eisenberg's Luthor nor that I disliked Keaton's Vulture.
    Maybe I've gotten you confused with someone else wrt Luthor, but when I praised Vulture you tore it down pretty quickly. Am I to assume you liked Vulture but thought he was a terrible villain?

When the people predominately bashing this film in this thread are the same people that are typically found in the Marvel thread praising Marvel movies (especially when they both do the exact same things) then it seems fair to note it.

And yes, at this point I do tend to equate DC-bashing with Marvel-loving. I've had all the evidence I need to see to feel comfortable believing that to mostly be the case. When a person can be found deriding DC villains as "two dimensional" while in the other thread praising and defending Marvel villains I feel it's safe to say they're a Marvel homer
    Anecdotal evidence and all that.

I'd love to be talking about how fun and how much I enjoyed the movie with other fans but every time a DC film comes out this thread gets infested by the Marvel homers that want to bash it. So probably the smart thing for me to do would be to just avoid this thread since that's all it gets. Every time I've tried posting about DC in general and talking about what's going on with them it's been met with crickets.
    I firmly believe you're drawing the wrong conclusions here, but do whatever works for you. No point getting frustrated about talking movies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    Is that true? Makes up for him been bitchowend in BvS.
    yes he does until lois calms him.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    yes he does until lois calms him.
    This isn't a spoiler thread. There are no spoiler warnings in the title. Dude why you spoiling

Deleted
    Flash and Superman component of the fight (seriously it was a great moment and actually felt like a proper DC film for a second).
    Sorry but that scene was the biggest bs in this movie and clearly done by f*in Snyder cause in now world of the multiverse is Supes fast enough to face Flash...

- - - Updated - - -

This isn't a spoiler thread. There are no spoiler warnings in the title. Dude why you spoiling
    if you want no spoilers get of the internet please.

ps: go read this http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post48076946 so you got something more to complain

7+ Year Old Account
    Sorry but that scene was the biggest bs in this movie and clearly done by f*in Snyder cause in now world of the multiverse is Supes fast enough to face Flash...

- - - Updated - - -

ps: go read this http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post48076946 so you got something more to complain
    There is no spoiler warning in the thread. Don't give me that Internet bullshit. There's plenty of threads where spoilers are okay and they have it in the thread. Do you see a spoiler warning in the thread title?

Honestly anyone who says this movie is plain bad is bashing. Is it great? No, it's dead on average. But it's not bad. If I had to compare it to a marvel movie in terms of quality I'd say it's around the level of the first two Thor movies or iron Man 2 and 3. All four of which were carried by 1 - 2 cast members (Hiddleston and rdj respectively)

I feel that Affleck carried alot of this movie. The only person I feel embodies Batman as much as ben is Keaton. Which makes sense because even the most passionate of haters of bvs tend to agree Affleck was a great Batman.

Most of this movies problems come down to Snyder being snyder. Next movie should be much better. Wonder woman was amazing under John's supervision and so far that's the only movie thats been made with him in charge.

I would like to know what Snyder had planned for that black Superman suit that was completely cut from the movie. Alot of Superman scenes got cut and they added in a few new ones once John's and whedon took over from snyder. Superman was probably way more emo and brooding in his version. Glad it got cut

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Flash isn't even a superhero yet in justice league. Of course Superman is faster. That doesn't mean he's NATURALLY faster, he just needs to learn to better tap into the speed force.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552