Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    I do upwards to 3 mythic+ a week. Which means my score is low since its 3 different chars. perfect example is my signatur.
    Yeah same, I do 10+ on 6 chars every week to get the weekly chest, but since its so few per characters, the m+ rating is low. Doesn't mean we are shit

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfNone View Post
    I’m not complaining. I know you can do that. Haven’t had much time. The time I did play I kinda wanted to do dungeons. No one will take you on a mythic zero even it seems unless you are 900 ilvl
    Yep, there is usually a "floor" that is current "solo catch up gear". In last patch of WOD you could get 700-710 items from following a zerg in Ashran for an afternoon, obviously anyone who didn't bother with that process or similar catch up gear (like Baleful) would not be taken into pugs because 90% of the population would be already at that threshold or above (due to little investment required and activity being solo friendly).

The ilvl requirements are most closely tied to availability of players at or above that ilvl, much less to do with how much the content actually "requires".

I remember in MOP when spamming heroic scenarios for valor was a thing, I wanted to do it on a low geared alt and invite other low geared people - the content was easy and I didn't care to be "boosted" by a raider. I had trouble finding people with ilvl close to my alt, since I was below the usual threshold. Most people weren't even in that bracket anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    Yep, there is usually a "floor" that is current "solo catch up gear". In last patch of WOD you could get 700-710 items from following a zerg in Ashran for an afternoon, obviously anyone who didn't bother with that process or similar catch up gear (like Baleful) would not be taken into pugs because 90% of the population would be already at that threshold or above (due to little investment required and activity being solo friendly).

The ilvl requirements are most closely tied to availability of players at or above that ilvl, much less to do with how much the content actually "requires".

I remember in MOP when spamming heroic scenarios for valor was a thing, I wanted to do it on a low geared alt and invite other low geared people - the content was easy and I didn't care to be "boosted" by a raider. I had trouble finding people with ilvl close to my alt, since I was below the usual threshold. Most people weren't even in that bracket anymore.
    For sure. I remember that now that you mention it. I need to go to Argus and get some 910 gear ughhh. But grinding more ap and gearinga fifth alt is about the death of me haha

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    one day people will learn ilvl doesnt = skill. Nor do achievements. One day....
    I only take people with the dopest transmogs/haircuts in my groups

Quote Originally Posted by MagusHenosis View Post
    The fact is that the GAME is "so easy" now.

That's what happens when you "dumb the game down" there Blizzard.

Who would have known, right???

I would have it seems, since I did lol!!!

Face it guys, I am easily #1 at knowing what is best for the game, since I just keep being right about it again and again, for over 10 years now.

I am able to do this, since my mind is not loaded with a bunch of BULLSHIT, like wanting an unfair advantage over other players via EXTREMELY OPd specs, and wanting others to be less than me, etc.

Perhaps if y'all next leveled your minds as I have, then you could see it too.
    what /10chars

Most people that are decent probably just have fixed groups for it? I know I certainly do and I'd rather not run it one ID than do it with randoms.

Deleted
    Reading the answers, I can summarize the issues:
    • pugging is not always reliable
    • ilvl, m+ score are =/= skill
    • try to do the runs with guild

The game should have a more reliable (and quick to check) indicator that reflects actual skill. The game needs more content like the proving grounds.
    However even skilled random ppl can be careless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    Reading the answers, I can summarize the issues:
    • pugging is not always reliable
    • ilvl, m+ score are =/= skill
    • try to do the runs with guild

The game should have a more reliable (and quick to check) indicator that reflects actual skill. The game needs more content like the proving grounds.
    However even skilled random ppl can be careless.
    Blizzard actively works against ways to check skill... it goes against their philosophy of "bring paint drinking billy cause he pays a sub.".

Mythic plus score isn't 100% by any means but its the best we got with the broken ilv of titanforging beyond requiring mostly full mythic raid gear.

I have a set group of friends I run with so I've not suffered from the Lack of skill, or if we do lack it I don't notice as we are having fun anyway try playing with your guild or forming a group with in-game friends or make a new group of friends who run them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    "bring paint drinking billy cause he pays a sub."
    I lol'd. Sadly the Billy thing is a bit more complicated. I saw group leaders with 10+ key with ~900ilvl asking for 930+ and m+ score. So there are these carried ppl too, where some quick indicators should show some actual knowledge and experience. Or even better, the PUG finder shouldn't be available for ppl w/o requirements, like silver proving grounds (just make something similar, more sophisticated).

PUGging is a quick job where you set up requirements, like a simple, one page CV for a real job. Currently we have no such simple thing in WoW (we need to check websites), and sometimes these clueless/careless ppl can slip to the group.

Prejudice and selecting the best for the job is real. You just can't bring anyone to anywhere under the flag of equality. We have equal chances at the beginning (in this game), but we all end up on a different level, where our time, skill and enthusiasm bring us.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonol View Post
    I saw group leaders with 10+ key with ~900ilvl asking for 930+ and m+ score.
    If there is a supply of people who decide to join these groups and boost Billy the keyholder, what can you do about it. Blizzard already made it so keys don't deplete so keys aren't in shortage, yet people still for some reason line up in group finder and there is no problem to find 940+ dps for a +10.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    If there is a supply of people who decide to join these groups and boost Billy the keyholder, what can you do about it. Blizzard already made it so keys don't deplete so keys aren't in shortage, yet people still for some reason line up in group finder and there is no problem to find 940+ dps for a +10.
    I understand, but the problem begins when Billy is a healer and I'm a tank. As I said I'm looking for ppl that can do the job - so we won't waste each other's time. I don't even want to see those who can't do it or just can do a +5-8, because of the numbers they can produce are limited by their gear.

You're complaining about the quality of the players in your mythic + runs, but you admit to bailing on groups yourself multiple times which makes you no better than the people you are complaining about. It's fine if you're frustrated over bad players, but if you're just up and dropping group and the first sign of trouble you aren't any better than they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazz17 View Post
    what /10chars
    How profound.

NOT much lol???

It's so ABSURD how some of you here think that saying EXTREMELY idiotic things is actually clever!!!

Got it twisted much there???

Truly absurd indeed......
    "Haters gonna hate, whatcha gonna do?

They're haters after all, it's what they do!" - The Legend, aka "The Best," aka "The Champ," aka "Speedymage," aka "MagusHenosis," aka "The Grim Reaper of Top Players"

5+ Year Old Account
    I was in a M+10 CoS yesterday that was going fin bar one DPS. Said DPS then says "I'm out. Got to go get some beer" and then proceeds to leave the group. :/

That about sums up PUGs in general. There are some good people like the rest of our grp who stayed, zoned out, found a new DPS and then 3-chested the lower key for the leader, and then there are those who aren't using their key and couldn't care less about yours.

iLVL + M+ score cannot tell you anything about a person, their alts or how they actually got to where they are. It's just a risk you take.

Field Marshal
    5+ Year Old Account
    I have a decent enough experience pugging my 15-17 keys. Just depends on the region and time I would assume. Try early mornings or afternoons

The fact is that the GAME is "so easy" now.

That's what happens when you "dumb the game down" there Blizzard.

Who would have known, right???

I would have it seems, since I did lol!!!

Face it guys, I am easily #1 at knowing what is best for the game, since I just keep being right about it again and again, for over 10 years now.

I am able to do this, since my mind is not loaded with a bunch of BULLSHIT, like wanting an unfair advantage over other players via EXTREMELY OPd specs, and wanting others to be less than me, etc.

Perhaps if y'all next leveled your minds as I have, then you could see it too.

This video fits here. Best thing internet has done, ever!

How profound.

NOT much lol???

It's so ABSURD how some of you here think that saying EXTREMELY idiotic things is actually clever!!!

Got it twisted much there???

Truly absurd indeed......
    ? I'm so confused

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    one day people will learn ilvl doesnt = skill. Nor do achievements. One day....
    So what is a better way to quickly screen people you do not know when forming a group?
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

OP has a point... people are noticeably worse compared to how it was let's say pre-7.2. In the last 2 weeks or so, most M+ (highger keys) groups I joined were complete fails...

It's usually the keyholder who is the worst and I've even seen them carrying noobs.

Like I was doing EoA+9 just 3 days ago and the group leader (priest healer) carried a lvl850 mage... After wiping on the first boss due to lack of damage I called him out and left (mage did like 240k dps).

But yeah... all in all, nothing that can be really fixed technically. This is an MMO after all and so this game, be it PVP, m+ or raids, is always the best when doing with friends or a guild. I'm personally getting pretty sick of pugging (had a group of 8 RL friends playing Legion til NH launch and then they quit due to burnout), gotta search a guild soon I guess^^
    Last edited by RobertMugabe; 2017-11-21 at 06:49 PM.