Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Better than WoD. Worse than the rest. Some of the worst design in WoW and they are keeping most of it.

What kills me more is the amount of people who like it. I'll probably end up stopping playing in BfA, Ion ruined what little of WoW was left, it just feels like a korean MMO now.

Best since WOTLK, but with some glaring issues still. Legendary items and AP being the big ones.

Zones 6/10
    Quests 9/10
    Dungeons/Raids ?
    Replay Value / WQs 6/10
    Class content varies
    Itemization 5/10
    Item models 10/10
    NPCs 7/10

• The zones, even though they are beautiful, are painful to traverse imho. Personally I like zones which are fun to run/ride through. I can't stand flying.
    • I like the quests, telling interesting stories mostly was satisfying to me.
    • I'm not a dungeon/raid person
    • Even though world quests were a good addition, the design of the mechanic makes it quite mechanical. Fly in - outogroup - mindless do something without the need for story context - boom: awesome item... all in 5minutes or less. Absolutely awful risk-reward szenario.
    • Class content varies a lot. Some classes had really good designed content.
    • I hate the early catch up mechanics, we are stuck without new content for months now... catch up devalues tons of content
    • top notch item models (npcs, armor and weapons, structures,...)
    • I like how we learn more about Illidan and some npcs, would love to see this expanded

overall: 7-8/10

Deleted
    8/10 or so.

Solid story, but worst replayability ever. Played it les than any other expansion. Hopefully Classic will prove to devs what people enjoy about WoW and add it back to future new versions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    personally, after completing all raids on mythic so far within top 10 of my realm i obviously have a highly influential and professional opinion that is valued among the lesser achieving players that make up the majority of this forum.

overall i would say Legion was a solid expansion both in story and implentation of the story. having said that Artifact power and weapons were a failure and as we have heard, Blizzard are happy to see the back of them.

i would place this expansion slightly ahead but only just of WoD and quite a way behind MoP, Cata, Wotlk and TBC.

What are your opinions? (please keep them somewhat coherent)
    Your opening line might be one of my favourites on MMO-Champ! Tops marks to you!

For me, its about 8/10.

As a person who has been able to for the first time with my limited availability to play, be able to level alts, experience the content up to HC (almost all of ToS, when I can join my guild when they go through), and have all of the class specific content, I have enjoyed it immensely.

The WQs get a bit stagnant after a while, and sometimes as someone who likes to collect, the RNG element of the mounts for example is a tad annoying.

The legendaries and the TF/WF don't really affect me at my play level, I have seen them throughout this expansion as a bonus rather than a gamebreaker for me. The way I play and how often I play means that I don't need/want to run content for the maximum capabilities of said item (the Arcanocrystal for example).

I have really enjoyed the lore, but ideally would like a more linear overall story moving forward. Suramar was awesome, but I felt the other zones seemed almost completely independent from each other, other than the head of Khadgar appearing to tell me to get the tears of elune out of the blue on alts.

As a casual, part time player - lots of content, including rewarding content for time played (reputations), and also for challenging myself (the mage tower).

Just a bit bored of fel now!

I don’t like all the odd loot systems and titanforging and shit. Whatever happened to a boss just dropping gear?

Very well executed, hardly any significant technical glitches at all. Also steady and frequent patches (bar Antorus), and decent raids. RNG is a significant drawback, and -for me- work changes meant that I couldn't enjoy the additional grind as much as previously.

Too early to tell overall of course, but thus far, after Wrath, about on par with or slightly ahead of MoP, which are ahead of the rest.

Coming to an end? Theres still a whole raid that lasts for 10 months
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

4/10
    The only redeeming qualities were some of the class stories, Suramar, PvP brawls and the implementation of Mythic+. PvP is shit, they've ruined most classes for the sake of "class fantasy" and everything is a stupid RNG grind now. Thanks, but no thanks. Still managed to have some fun in 3v3 and with exotic 2v2 combs though.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Artifact power and weapons were a failure and as we have heard, Blizzard are happy to see the back of them.
    If you're not one of those players that tries to achieve 100% optimization and think they're better than everyone else, like you seem to be, and you just enjoy the game and have fun then I think Artifact weapons were pretty successful. I thought they were really neat and a lot of fun.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    +: Best theme (or second best, we had Scourge though), most consistent story, class stuff, usual Blizzard solid quality, unusual Blizzard solid quantity, great patch support, lot of cinematics and narrative content on max level, lot of replayability, lot of diverse content for different kind of players, art and music team blew my mind, especially with Suramar and Argus.

-: Lack of Legionfall campaign, some of Legion system are really pain in the ass for top 1%.

Overall 9.5/10 and easily best WoW expansion. Of course, if you think otherwise, you are entitled to your opinion.

Even if you are completely wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    3/10.

Not as bad, as MOP was, where I had literally zero content to do and was unsubbed most of the time, but worse, than WOD, that was 5/10 due to terrible first half of xpack, when I was unsubbed, but overall good experience after flying was unlocked, so I still play it and will continue playing. .
    You had more content to do in WoD than in MoP?
    How did do you do that? Was there some hidden WoD VIP content?

If I had to score Legion at the beginning I probably would have given it an 8 out of 10.
    Now that we are approaching the end that score is probably more at 5 or 5.5 out of 10.

Legion introduced a lot of interesting concepts. I enjoyed zone-scaling far more than I thought I would. I'm also a minority in that I actually liked the Artifact and Legendary systems for the most part. The storyline was also interesting and I enjoyed some of the ways that reputation and storyline were better intertwined (like Suramar unlocking based on Reputation).

The biggest problem I've had with Legion has been the problem most of WoW has suffered: What to do in-between content updates.

3-4 month gaps in content are too much of a strain on world quests; even if those quests are more varied in Legion than they have been in previous expansions. Normally a player would fill this gap with revisiting content or perhaps enjoying an ALT. But a lot of the new features introduced into Legion (M+, collecting AP) make devoting time to an ALT feel like a bad investment when that time could be 'better' spent future enhancing your main.

Unfortunately that just means you're grinding and grinding and grinding on your main while you wait for Blizzard to release a slow drip of content.

This problem was exacerbated with the release of the Broken Isles as well as Argus. In both situations the release was stretched out far, far too long in order to make the content seem 'larger'. Worse still; with Argus in particular so much of the content was tied to completion Champion missions - something you can do on your phone instead of in-game.

Argus was even more problematic for me given that this is end-expansion content. We know that our artifacts aren't following us out of Legion so for Argus to even more-heavily hand out AP items just seems... weird.

Deleted
    1/10

No flying from the Moment you hit Maxlevel means always its fucking SHIT

personally, after completing all raids on mythic so far within top 10 of my realm i obviously have a highly influential and professional opinion that is valued among the lesser achieving players that make up the majority of this forum.

overall i would say Legion was a solid expansion both in story and implentation of the story. having said that Artifact power and weapons were a failure and as we have heard, Blizzard are happy to see the back of them.

i would place this expansion slightly ahead but only just of WoD and quite a way behind MoP, Cata, Wotlk and TBC.

Hi, better player than you here. Just came by to share my opinion like it makes a fucking difference. Game is fine, not the best, who cares. Oh btw I'm better and smarter than you.

*snipped some lame baiting*
    As a non-raiding player, this had been a solid expansion, with only few moments of content drought. Since they are planning to keep and expand the level scaling system over earlier expansion content, I might go for leveling all classes on both factions to max. Only did horde this time around.

5/7.
    "It's just like I always said! You can do battle with strength, you can do battle with wits, but no weapon can beat a great pair of tits!"

3/10, better then wod, equal with cata, worse then everything else.

oh my, how important your opinion must be, may i adopt it please? your bragging almost overshadows your question...

so to the question:

lore/story: the long awaited showdown with THE bad guys of wow, best xpac so far in this department, especially for arcs like Suramar who are better than anything we've seen so far

raids/dungeons: again best xpac so far

class design: mixed feelings, i really love how they diversified the specs but i dislike the pruning they did, still better to have distinct simplified specs rather than 'complex' homogenized characters with their version (aka reskin) of the same skills, also balance seems better than ever as well

PvP: pretty much balanced but unfortunately dempasized, tbh i will never be satisfied till they add solo ranked ladder in bgs/arenas, also lack of character customization is a serious flaw

there have also been considerable improvements in graphics/animations which is a big plus for keeping the game up to date

on the minus side we could use less rng in the loot system

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    what end? TBH Legion's biggest strength was the addition of M+. I love the hell out of the system and I'm excited for a new expac full of new M+ dungeons to run. I enjoy the Keystone Master grind a lot. To me it's much more impressive to get KSM than AOTC.