Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    because getting passed up by strangers on the street is pretty awkward.

But hey I am from Scandinavia and we are apparently known for being extreme shut ins.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because you are awkward and ugly which makes them unconfortable
    The idea that you want to 'pick' them up with sexual intentions causes them physical pain

10+ Year Old Account
    Society.

Deleted
    because you are ugly and you freak them out

I've literally never had this happen so I couldn't tell you. I suspect you're doing something wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    When I'm in public, I don't want anyone communicating with me for anything other than useful purposes like, "hello, may I have your ticket?". If you approach me out of the blue and say mostly anything I didn't solicit, then I will probably tell you to fuck off. If you try to shake my hand, I will definitely tell you to fuck off. I'm not touching you.

People don't owe you a damn thing. I didn't take the train today because I was looking to "meet someone".
    So much for that old-timey small-town hospitality conservatives are supposed to stand for.

You damn coastal elitist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Because they are rude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Because they are rude.
    The "It's them not me!" delusion

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    The "It's them not me!" delusion
    It's never happened to me, but if someone reacts rudely to a compliment, chances are they are rude. Of course compliments like hey baby or sexy, may result in a negative reaction. As long as the person is being respectful while giving a compliment, there is no reason to get upset. Then again the op is Anduin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some will take a random compliment at face value. Others will be suspicious and think you're trying to gain something from giving a compliment.

Personally, it feels disingenuous, so I'm of the suspicious camp. I respond somewhat rudely, usually with, "Oookay. Thanks, I guess. What do you want from me?"

I reserve the fuck you's and go fuck yourself's for the people that know me.

I usually respond with "thank you", unless it's an older lady (like 60+), then I say "not as cute as you" just to see their reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Weird. How do people get to know each other then?

It seems like a paradox.
    There is a time and place but that place isn't when casually passing someones path.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Because you're not hot or wealthy enough.

I can't say I'd blame a woman for being upset if someone like Anduin here tries to pick them up.

All we have is his text here and it comes across like a creepy, somewhat sleazy PUA fanboy.

But hey, if we ever need a theme song for these creeper threads:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post

All we have is his text here and it comes across like a creepy, somewhat sleazy PUA fanboy.
    Odd, I got the impression he is a sociable handsome hunk with a bit of bad luck!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOCAccount123 View Post
    Odd, I got the impression he is a sociable handsome hunk with a bit of bad luck!
    You're drunk

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Omg. xD Stereotype of annoying foreigners.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    I can't say I'd blame a woman for being upset if someone like Anduin here tries to pick them up.

But hey, if we ever need a theme song for these creeper threads:
    Based on his threads, especially in past, and his PUA junk posting, he's the sort I'd very much like to avoid meeting ever. And if someone like him approaches with creepy pick up lines, in not appropriate situations, I'd reach for the pepper spray in my bag just to be safe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    You're drunk
    On love, true!

While you may think you're just being nice, there's just too many ways you can misinterpret something like that

Deleted
    Been doing direct game for about 3 weeks now and it's really refreshing, when before you've mostly started conversations by asking for directions. Going direct really filters out some of the girls that wouldn't be interested anyway, but it does take a lot of guts, especially when you're in crowded places. Most girls do react positively and at the very least say thank you.

One bad experience I had recently was when I opened a girl that I didn't get too good of a look at. When I told her she looked nice she immediately replied with "uh, oh, you too...". Then I saw that she didn't. Too old, wrinkled skin, no nice features, fucked up teeth. I immediately felt bad as I was looking for ways to end the conversation. I didn't even ask her anything after the compliment and she still told me half her life. At one point she paused and said "uhm, let's see, what else can I say about myself...". I took over the conversation and she answered everything I said with uuh's and aah's and hmm's and nods. I couldn't speak 2 words without her vehemently agreeing with what I said and signaling her understanding. I tried to end the conversation and she immediately pulled out her phone, suggesting we could exchange numbers. Then she asked "or do you have a girlfriend?"... and like an idiot I said "would that be a problem for you?". My standard response. I should've just said "yeah, she wouldn't like me to exchange numbers with some girl, sorry"... So then I had to take her number. Thank god I at least remembered to take her number, not give her mine, or I would have to deal with a weird stalker now. I immediately deleted her number. I thought about telling her that I had second thoughts because of my girlfriend, but then I remembered that then she would have my number, so I thought better of it.

Yesterday I ran into another girl, that looked really cute, but when she opened her mouth, and I saw her fucked up teeth, I wanted to run. Thank god her female friend rejoined her shortly after, so I could eject under the pretense of not wanting to disturb their time together.

Other than that, I mostly had good experiences. I can only recommend this way of approaching girls.

Hell, I've had several girls tell me "thank you, that made my day, I needed that right now", before they left smiling. I don't see anything wrong about this.
    Last edited by mmocdf92b69352; 2017-12-12 at 02:02 PM.