Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfaadaern Darkterror View Post
    You really think any players have sentimental attachments to Lightforged Draenei or Void Elves?
    I don't know what you mean by sentimental attachment but I suspect at least 20-25% of BElf players will faction swap to Void Elves, so yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Halfdrop View Post
    I don't know what you mean by sentimental attachment but I suspect at least 20-25% of BElf players will faction swap to Void Elves, so yes?
    By sentimental attachment, I mean I don't want to fight Occuleth or Thalyssra because they have become favorite characters. As a player, I think they were both well written with good voice acting. From the view point of my toons, they are people I've been through a lot with and I think of them as friends. Void Elves never even existed before. Making a Void Elf to check it out is like making a Demon Hunter to check them out. I suspect most won't faction swap anyway; they will just make new alts.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    Feel like the Zandalari Trolls and the Nightborne could had been a neutral race like the Pandarians allowing them to choose between Alliance and Horde. From viewing multiple forums, these two seem to be the most liked by far. I'm an Horde player for life but I do feel for the Alliance.
    Neutral races are terrible. Pandaren taught that lesson well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Horde got the race with actual effort put into it, Alliance got edgy blood elves pullled out of nowhere. Blizzard in a nutshell right there.
    Last edited by Khirok; 2017-11-20 at 12:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    By sentimental attachment, I mean I don't want to fight Occuleth or Thalyssra because they have become favorite characters. As a player, I think they were both well written with good voice acting. From the view point of my toons, they are people I've been through a lot with and I think of them as friends. Void Elves never even existed before. Making a Void Elf to check it out is like making a Demon Hunter to check them out. I suspect most won't faction swap anyway; they will just make new alts.
    Well shit, there were people who didn't wanted to fight garrosh. Gotta grin and bear. Meanwhile as a hordie i give no fucks about killing slightly diffrent draenei, or 8th grader elves.

Some WoW forum threads with some good discussion on this topic:
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9262329?page=2
    https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17614503640

She basically gave them grief for abandoning her and the rest when they hid behind the shield. After all, Tyrande was around for that war, fought in it, and was personally affected by the Nightborn not helping. So now she's there to help them, but she gives them some attitude about it. Kind of like, "You weren't there for us, but we're here for you. Let's hope your attitude has improved."
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Tyrande_Whisperwind

It seems like as an alliance her tone is less overtly harsh, so you don't notice it as much, but the more I read the more I notice it in hindsight.

Tyrande: I remember where your order stood in the War of the Ancients. How do we know you won't betray us and become the next Elisande...the next Azshara?

Thalyssra: We do not intent to be slaves to the Nightwell. We seek to drive the legion from Suramar and put an end to Elisande's oppression.

Tyrande: The kaldorei will fight to see the legion defeated and the Nightwell destroyed. Beyond that...we shall see where Elune's wisdom guides us.

Or in this quest: https://wow.gamepedia.com/Quest: Down_to_Business

Tyrande: Any regret I had for these people vanished when they went under that shield.

I don't hate Tyrande after finding out all this. It's clear that she's devoted and protects her people. She simply no longer considers the nightborne "her people", and I find that really sad as a night elf that still does.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayto View Post
    Horde got the race with actual effort put into it, Alliance got edgy blood elves pullled out of nowhere. Blizzard in a nutshell right there.
    Draenei were "pulled out of nowhere" and they became pretty cool. Don't diss your chickens before they hatch.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2017-11-20 at 06:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

I'm a predominantly horde player and I prefer void elves to Nightborne, it's just a matter of preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Draenei were "pulled out of nowhere" and they became pretty cool. Don't diss your chickens before they hatch.
    It took until Legion before the Draenei were halfway decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Well shit, there were people who didn't wanted to fight garrosh. Gotta grin and bear. Meanwhile as a hordie i give no fucks about killing slightly diffrent draenei, or 8th grader elves.
    I agree that Void Elves sound like something an 8th grader would think were cool, but then Blood Elves have always been one of my least favorite races anyway. They always come across as stuck-up pretty boys and girls to me, like the kids at school who thought they were too cool for everyone else.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Well shit, there were people who didn't wanted to fight garrosh.
    You called?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Neutral races are terrible. Pandaren taught that lesson well.
    He obviously didn't pay attention to the lessons of Pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    Get a petition signed and sent to Blizzard, with horde wanting edgy emo elves and alliance wanting the majesty of Suramar. Maybe they'll change their mind, have Alleria go join her dumb sister and have Thalyssra and Tyrande work things out.
    We don't want them. That guy's a (((predominantly))) Horde player. He doesn't speak for us.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildberry View Post

We don't want them. That guy's a (((predominantly))) Horde player. He doesn't speak for us.
    Hey man, I don't claim to speak for all Horde players. I'm just saying some people will prefer Void Elves over Nightborne, on both sides.

The reason I'd rather have em is that they bring something new to the Horde thematically. With all the Light vs Shadow stuff on Argus, I'm worried that the Horde will be sidelined in the inevitable Void themed expansion, kinda like how we went AWOL since 7.0 .
    Last edited by ello; 2017-11-21 at 07:37 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey man, I don't claim to speak for all Horde players. I'm just saying some people will prefer Void Elves over Nightborne, on both sides.

The reason I'd rather have em is that they bring something new to the Horde thematically. With all the Light vs Shadow stuff on Argus, I'm worried that the Horde will be sidelined in the inevitable Void themed expansion, kinda like how we went AWOL since 7.0 Legion.
    Better idea for future void-based nonsense (ugh): What's left of the MU Shadowmoon Orcs.

I feel like Suramar was going to be a capital, neutral city but ended up getting scrapped for some reason. Hence the lore inconsistencies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rosebull View Post
    Your concerns apply to all allied races with the exception of Zandalari and the ugly new Dwarves.

It'll be explained in a quest no one has any knowledge of, so you can have your concerns addressed at that point in time.
    New dwarves are cool !

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    That's funny, I seem to recall her there, helping the despite personally being irate that they sealed themselves away instead of lend their strength in the fight against the Legion the first time around. Saying things like 'the more of them taking up arms means the less of our troops at risk' isn't unreasonable either. It's *their* city, an ally should never be dying more than the home defenders in the home defenders city. Druidic magic saved the Nightborne, but who needs night elves when you have Tauren, Trolls, Zandalari and Highmountain druids to take over Hyjal, er um 'guide them'.
    Pls Know the lore before posting lore things

The nightborne are the night elves of Suramar who fought the Legion in the great War of the Ancients to defend their home and close a second demonic portal using the Eye of Aman'thul that would have overtaken and outflanked the resistance forces led by Kur'talos Ravencrest and Malfurion Stormrage to stop Queen Azshara.

The Great Sundering blasted some of Suramar to the bottom of the Great Sea, although a good portion of it remained above shore in the Broken Isles due to the efforts of the resident Highborne, who crafted a magical shield that kept the center of their city together.

Actually Nightborne saved Night Elves.
    Last edited by mmoc2ce944bfe1; 2017-11-21 at 07:51 AM.

I'm worried that the Horde will be sidelined in the inevitable Void themed expansion, kinda like how we went AWOL since 7.0 .
    Good, at least they wont be part of that clusterfuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    ^ Yep, he doesn't. I'm no elf fan whatsoever but if I have to choose, I would take the established nation of elves over the asspulled snowflake squad of Twilight elves every day of the year.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2017-11-21 at 12:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Better idea for future void-based nonsense (ugh): What's left of the MU Shadowmoon Orcs.
    I agree with your ugh!

Would prefer if they keep that Light & Shadow stuff to the Alliance. Horde has tons of better stuff that could be added in the future.

If they really HAVE TO add somehing Voidy to the Horde, Shadowmoon clan could take that role as you say.

Keep anything resembling Void elves as far as possible from the Horde pls.

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree that the Nightborne going Horde doesn't make sense today, but we don't yet know what's in the Allied Races storyline for them. My Alliance shaman saved the Nightborne, not only from the Legion, but their magic addiction. My Horde shaman got the coin to go recruit Oculeth and said, "Nah, I'm good" and left Suramar.

Jeez guys, it was just an opinion don't tar me for it

Are there any notable Shadowmoon Orcs left? AU or MU? I'm not sure.

They could go that route, maybe we see some more Forsaken warlocks/shadow priests, or the Trolls and their shadow hunters. Idk, I just don't want to see the Horde ignored for an entire expansion again "because they don't fit".