Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    The policy says they are going to remove verification and even ban people for affiliating with violent groups, even if they do it outside the Twitter platform.

I wonder if they are going to ban all of the Antifa and BLM accounts?

I bet not.
    You're welcome to ask

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    It's not an endorsement, but people view it as an endorsement. Because people are morons. And good luck explaining to a moron that it's not supposed to be an endorsement.

Not to pick sides here but I can see why some people would think it is an endorsement

Oh noes, no little blue graphic next to my name?

Who gives a shit. It's going to have exactly the opposite effect twitter intends it to.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    If antifa are fascist then conservatives are too. I mean, same standards across the board.
    Im not convinced you know what fascism actaully is...

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Except they are. Use of violence to push an agenda is practically one of the defining traits of fascism.
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Definitely are
    Fascism is a specific ideology. Not everything you don't like is fascism.

The people who call antifa fascists especially don't know what it means.

If you moan about being called racists / fascists then do it yourselves to others.
    Right but antifa are actually fascists... you can tell by their fascist behavior...

Now the not all argument always applies before you start but more then a small minority have clearly demonstrated their willingness to use force to control people.

Quote Originally Posted by primalmatter View Post
    Right but antifa are actually fascists... you can tell by their fascist behavior...

Now the not all argument always applies before you start but more then a small minority have clearly demonstrated their willingness to use force to control people.
    That's not what fascism is, though. Punching people does not equal fascism.

I'm pretty sure you're not being serious, but fascism = the glorification of the nation or a leader figure and using violence to do so.
    So yeah they are fascists...

They want the government to use force in order to inflict their will onto other people and when its absent they use their own force to do so...

I don't get why Antifa has such a hard time coming to terms with it.

Private businesses are allowed to do whatever they please as they don’t break the law.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Fascism is a specific ideology. Not everything you don't like is fascism.
    holy shit the fucking irony.

Seems silly to me as all this is going to do is stir the pot even more. Plus, if you hate some of these people who haven't done anything ban worthy wouldn't you rather know for certain it is them saying whatever it is that is making you mad? Seems to me everyone would benefit from Speakers of the faction they oppose "Verified" to minimize instances of mistaken identity and so you can actually address your opponent.

This is a pointless debate, but if we're being honest instead of assholes, like most people would prefer then conservatives should stop using the wrong words for the wrong things, just like leftists do for the right.
    What words are they using wrong... well besides freedom I admit the conservatives don't seen to have a handle on what that is.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Not to pick sides here but I can see why some people would think it is an endorsement

The checkmark isn't automatic. It's pretty clear what you're implying, but do we even know if Roy Moore applied for the verified status? With how much he fires back at his critics, you would think he would make a fuss if he actually did try and was rejected.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?