Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    Okay, here is the deal.

Playing WoW is INCREDIBLY time consuming. I've been playing the game hardcore for +10 years. All I do in my free time is playing WoW. But only Raiding and Rated PvP is what I enjoy. So I spent at least 50% of my free time GRINDING levels, gear, artifact power, mats and honor. AND IT'S JUST NOT FUN!
    All I want at this point, is logging in and jumping in the action RIGHT AWAY.
    So what I'm asking for is for Blizzard to offer a NO-GRIND package in the ingame shop. Let's say you buy the no-grind package 'Mage'. This package might include:

- level 110 Mage
    - an item level that allows you to raid the newest raid on heroic difficulty(*)
    - maxed out artifact weapon instantly
    - all honor levels

(*you buy the no-grind package at the beginning of an expansion and then every new patch your item level goes up automatically - so you are always ready to raid the newest content)

In CS, in League, in Overwatch, in all these games you just log in and do what you enjoy. Farming flasks for your guild for hours is not my definition of fun. Farming artifact power, doing the same world quests over and over and over again, is just not fun. All I enjoy in this game is Raiding and playing Rated PvP (but these two things I enjoy A LOT).

Yes, it's an MMO, yes, progression is part of the game. But progression != grinding. Progression, for me, is beating a hard boss in a raid or reaching 2400 in Arena.

Real Life is a grind. And to escape that grind for a while we play games. It's 2017. Stop forcing players to grind in a GAME!

taken from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game

Update:

skipping a grind is NOT pay to WIN!

skipping actual progression IS pay to win!
    buying a mythic boost for the current raid from a high-end raiding guild IS pay to win!
    buying an arena gladiator boost IS pay to win!

Blizzard thinks buying a level 110 is NOT pay to win.
    that means that farming artifact power is NOT pay to win.
    that means that farming mats is NOT pay to win.
    that means that farming an easy-to-do dungeon for gear is also NOT pay to win!
    Hi, smarter player than you here. Just dropping by to let you know you should quit and stfu, politely.

Well I got a good laugh out of this one at least.

No. Fuck no. Hell no. All the nope. You can buy the boost to get a char to current 'starting level' if you don't want to 'grind'. That's fine.

5+ Year Old Account
    I can see it too...

Buy an accesory to play wow!! The credit card power infusor!!

With the CCPI you can pay instantly for open epic chests with legendary loot!! God damn yeaaaaa!!!!

Use the CCPI for empower your character the next hour by a 420% just for 29.99$!!! Hell yeaaaaa!!!!

Empower your skills a 20% by just 0.99$ each GCD!!! Oh yeaaaaa!!

Tired of being alone? Just use the new skill "Auto multiboxing" for 300$ and faceroll the shit out of the game with your new 50 friends!! God damn!!!

Tired of someone? Just ban that lil cunt for 19.99$!! But careful, he can strike back by paying twice the amount and ban you! Strike back twicing that damn amount! Hell yeaaaaa!!

Tired of running and flying or simply just pressing W one more friggin time? Teleport anywhere by 0.99$ each use!! Wow!!

New features coming in the new expansion [Insert credit card to show]Cost of 3.39$ non refundable.

Quote Originally Posted by Surgex View Post
    Lets make it pay-to-win while we are at it...
    What OP suggests IS P2W.

I typed a few paragraphs out about why this is a perversion of my childhood, but I can see that everyone else in this thread covered it. Glad to know I'm not the only one against this idea.

when wow will be free and buy to win, i will go out, what the goal behind that ? you buy a maxed character with tons of money and you you do after that ? welll.. nothing, you have no more goal to do if no grind/farm is left to do lol

Deleted
    all I've gotten until now is "HELL NO" or "bad idea". can anyone tell me why it's a bad idea?

15+ Year Old Account
    I was going to suggest Mobas and FPS games to you, but you already mentioned them in your post. The whole point is playing the game. That's the core of an MMO. In my years of reading this forum, I've never said this before, but I really don't think MMOs are what you are looking for in gaming.

Thing is .....at max level it is still a grind, that be rep grind, gear grind and so on, WoW is basicly a grind for better numbers. so why not include a option to get the gear also and rep. and so on ?

Yeah it is a bad idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Drop the subscription and sure.

Otherwise it’s pay to win and doesn’t belong in a subscription game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Are you kidding right now? "The future of video games" is all this nonsense grinding and bullshit baked into every single game.

"Before they were popular" you just bought a game and played it and that was that. None of this, "Do level 3-4 25 times to unlock World 4." in Super Mario Bros. or something. Now you can't buy a game without it wanting to dominate your life.
    What are you talking about? I am talking about how I hate the future of games.

all I've gotten until now is "HELL NO" or "bad idea". can anyone tell me why they think it's a bad idea?
    You want to skip 90% of the actual progression. Story-line and getting ready to raid is the player progression. You want it to be a start-of-expansion thing too. That's just gross. That's literal P2W. And you want to be up to HEROIC raid standards at the same time. Sure,you'd still have to do the rep/story grind if you wanna unlock the new areas...but it'll be a lot more expedient with your actual P2W level and gear.

There's no polite way to tell you that that is in no way reasonable to anyone. Having the ability to swipe your card and start off with everyone else at the fresh content is already pretty good, AND it's just fine that way.
    Last edited by Halyon; 2017-11-20 at 06:34 PM.

There are TONS of MMO's, especially KR/CN grinders that support this "play" style...go throw away your money at those please, leave the King alone.

Reported for trolling.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, here is the deal.

Playing WoW is INCREDIBLY time consuming. I've been playing the game hardcore for +10 years. All I do in my free time is playing WoW. But only Raiding and Rated PvP is what I enjoy. So I spent at least 50% of my free time GRINDING levels, gear, artifact power, mats and honor. AND IT'S JUST NOT FUN!
    All I want at this point, is logging in and jumping in the action RIGHT AWAY.
    So what I'm asking for is for Blizzard to offer a NO-GRIND package in the ingame shop. Let's say you buy the no-grind package 'Mage'. This package might include:

- level 110 Mage
    - an item level that allows you to raid the newest raid on heroic difficulty(*)
    - maxed out artifact weapon instantly
    - all honor levels

(*you buy the no-grind package at the beginning of an expansion and then every new patch your item level goes up automatically - so you are always ready to raid the newest content)

In CS, in League, in Overwatch, in all these games you just log in and do what you enjoy. Farming flasks for your guild for hours is not my definition of fun. Farming artifact power, doing the same world quests over and over and over again, is just not fun. All I enjoy in this game is Raiding and playing Rated PvP (but these two things I enjoy A LOT).

Yes, it's an MMO, yes, progression is part of the game. But progression != grinding. Progression, for me, is beating a hard boss in a raid or reaching 2400 in Arena.

Real Life is a grind. And to escape that grind for a while we play games. It's 2017. Stop forcing players to grind in a GAME!

taken from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game

Update:

skipping a grind is NOT pay to WIN!

skipping actual progression IS pay to win!
    buying a mythic boost for the current raid from a high-end raiding guild IS pay to win!
    buying an arena gladiator boost IS pay to win!

Blizzard thinks buying a level 110 is NOT pay to win.
    that means that farming artifact power is NOT pay to win.
    that means that farming mats is NOT pay to win.
    that means that farming an easy-to-do dungeon for gear is also NOT pay to win!
    While I completely understand where you are coming from about simply wanting to play...

What you are effectively removing by giving this option, is at its core what makes an mmo, and mmo.

If you break WoW apart and define it down to its last stupidity the goal of the game is pretty basic.

"Increase your characters power level." A player can achieve that through a myriad of different methods. How you get there and how you do that is where a player should be considering what is "fun", because that is where the gameplay lies.

The problem here is you are confusing Blizzard's design ideology. The services you cite, do NOT boost you beyond what is considered CURRENT and RELEVANT content. The purpose and imo necessity for such services is simple, making the game feel alive... the 'MM' of MMORPG. It is difficult and discourage for a new player to have to level 1-100 and not see a single soul. Even the 100-110 can be a lonely journey. But with WQs Blizzard has done a good job of continuing to make the zones relevant and alive at times.

The AP rewards/grinds as you call them have periodically changed.

While I personally feel that the disparity between min ilvl/power and the max ilvl/power for a given tier is excessive, both AP and the small incremental rewards are there to smoothe out the power gaps. Whereas previously you had HUGE jumps in performance from a single upgrade, when you FINALLY got a set drop. Today those aren't necessarily required for you to perform and/or contribute. Which is where I become confused by your complaint/demand/request. You can perform, and be marginally caught up in both AP and gear with little to no effort thanks to catch up mechanics each and every tier. This "grind" you are so averse to, isn't there for someone who "just likes to play". You could literally play for less than a month and be caught up and clear the content you want with very minimal effort. MANY folks do just that. In fact I would bet good money, that describes the majority of (active) players throughout the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    No it's not. Don't be an overly dramatic neckbeard just because something is better designed than it used to be.
    You have to be naive to think this. Look at games now. They are trying to tailor people to be okay with putting P2W shit in. Think the WoW community would have been okay with a shop and let alone a max level boost on launch? What about loot boxes coming out in 2000?

This is the future of games. When you have to have devs coming out to say, "No! We won't have P2W!" it's a telling sign of the state of the industry.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    While I completely understand where you are coming from about simply wanting to play...

What you are effectively removing by giving this option, is at its core what makes an mmo, and mmo.

If you break WoW apart and define it down to its last stupidity the goal of the game is pretty basic.

"Increase your characters power level." A player can achieve that through a myriad of different methods. How you get there and how you do that is where a player should be considering what is "fun", because that is where the gameplay lies.

The problem here is you are confusing Blizzard's design ideology. The services you cite, do NOT boost you beyond what is considered CURRENT and RELEVANT content. The purpose and imo necessity for such services is simple, making the game feel alive... the 'MM' of MMORPG. It is difficult and discourage for a new player to have to level 1-100 and not see a single soul. Even the 100-110 can be a lonely journey. But with WQs Blizzard has done a good job of continuing to make the zones relevant and alive at times.

The AP rewards/grinds as you call them have periodically changed.

While I personally feel that the disparity between min ilvl/power and the max ilvl/power for a given tier is excessive, both AP and the small incremental rewards are there to smoothe out the power gaps. Whereas previously you had HUGE jumps in performance from a single upgrade, when you FINALLY got a set drop. Today those aren't necessarily required for you to perform and/or contribute. Which is where I become confused by your complaint/demand/request. You can perform, and be marginally caught up in both AP and gear with little to no effort thanks to catch up mechanics each and every tier. This "grind" you are so averse to, isn't there for someone who "just likes to play". You could literally play for less than a month and be caught up and clear the content you want with very minimal effort. MANY folks do just that. In fact I would bet good money, that describes the majority of (active) players throughout the year.
    really liked this response. you brought up very good points. made me look at the topic from a new angle. thanks man.

Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    when wow will be free and buy to win, i will go out, what the goal behind that ? you buy a maxed character with tons of money and you you do after that ? welll.. nothing, you have no more goal to do if no grind/farm is left to do lol
    You can use the extra free time to learn how to speak properly.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV