Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Wait what? There’s new titan quest content?
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/74...Quest_Ragnark/
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Wow. I wish I had my old conqueror.

Quote Originally Posted by ohiostate124 View Post
    Wait what? There’s new titan quest content?
    Yep, http://store.steampowered.com/app/74...Quest_Ragnark/.

Haven't bought it yet but the reviews are positive.

[Edit] Just seen the earlier replies, That's what I get for replying from the past page.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Eh. It's actually quite different - you don't get all D2 runewords in a matter of hours. Hell it took me 4 years to get a Zod.

EDIT: runewords in this case are just an example in long-term objectives D3 completely lacks - it survives only due to seasons which have a peak of players the first two days and then gets abandoned shortly after when people is done with journey or have tried what they wanted.

Pushing GRs is flat out useless. You get gem levels to farm higher GRs to get more gem levels and never reach anything because there's no real objective. You don't get to build your character either.

It took me 2 years to get 1 of my set items as well. depends on how much I play.
    Go to a new D2 season and then tell me how fast lvl 99 players appear and how fast they start having bis gear.
    In my experience its just as fast as it is in D3.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Saphyron View Post
    It took me 2 years to get 1 of my set items as well. depends on how much I play.
    Go to a new D2 season and then tell me how fast lvl 99 players appear and how fast they start having bis gear.
    In my experience its just as fast as it is in D3.
    Yes, they're botting. Everyone knows this. Old D2 seasons were dominated by RUSBarb and GERBarb which wree two teams playing the same account 24/7. Two years for a set in D3 means you're not playing or doing it wrong - it doesn't take even 2 weeks to have all sets.

D3 is 1000x faster than D2 and there's no way around it.

Getting the grey item to socket in D2 like a 6 slot ethereal halbred was harder to get than d3s most rarest legendaries nevermind the runes you could realistically never see after hundreds of hours of game time.

Yes, they're botting. Everyone knows this. Old D2 seasons were dominated by RUSBarb and GERBarb which wree two teams playing the same account 24/7. Two years for a set in D3 means you're not playing or doing it wrong - it doesn't take even 2 weeks to have all sets.

D3 is 1000x faster than D2 and there's no way around it.
    2 weeks, if you have the stamina to grind Death's Breath and shards for hours and hours and hours. The time/reward ration in D3 is awful, when talking about getting set items. That's just not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    2 weeks, if you have the stamina to grind Death's Breath and shards for hours and hours and hours. The time/reward ration in D3 is awful, when talking about getting set items. That's just not fun.
    https://imgur.com/a/PCrvO

Have to say i'm more worried about white/blue/yellow crafting mats.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post

https://i.imgur.com/hkqBpwW.jpg
    Have almost 30 hours on this char Yet to see 3/6 pieces of invoker.
    Inactive Wow Player Raider.IO | Inactive D3 Player | Permanent Retired EVE Player | Inactive Wot Player | Retired Openraid Raid Leader| Inactive Overwatch Player | Inactive HotS player | Youtube / Twitter | Steam | My Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It's so disappointing. D3 has fun gameplay, distinctive characters and mobs, beautiful level design. I am not even sure the content itself is bad. What it needs is a better reward structure.
    Past iterations of the game turned a lot of people away. Right now the game is fun when a new season hits. If you have an addictive personality, it will be fun for weeks, but for example for me, the fun ends when I get the set bonus and requried items (too easy to get) and can oneshot GR 80 and farm T13 rifts under 1 min.

There is just no point going on. You could push higher GR, but why, for the sake of pushing higher still?

The game has problems. One of the most prominent problems is that higher difficulty provides better rewards, so you are practically forced to try to farm T13 asap, even if you rely on leeching games. There should be rewards beyond Headrig's Gift that aren't based on difficulty but rather on effort put in. The difficulty curve needs to be longer, I don't think it's acceptable to farm T13 with max efficiency after 12 hours of playing.

Some people love D3, some people see no point in playing current D3 (me).

i still play diablo from time to time , aroud paragon 850-900 on season 12 , but i kinda disslike that when a season is out after 24 hours you are allready full set doing gr 70+ just grinding for anciant/primal items

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    D2 in the end got to be more about farming runewords, and trying out new builds with them.

D3 lack the longterm incentive that runewords brought to D2.
    D2 is way more social. You have elements like PvP, trading, and some people will forgerush which is a social activity for a lot of players. 8 players per game.

D3 was designed and built in a Blizzard era where they didn't think being social mattered. So they cut max players to 4, PvP is a joke, no trading, no incentive to level fresh from 1 with new players, nor to help level others from level 1. You just run grifts by yourself. Solo play is not nearly as rewarding as social play. So D3 died.

If D3 simply had good PvP, it would be in a lot better shape.

- - - Updated - - -

Id like to stress that i think removing trading is good for the game. They should fix pvp and provide reasons to play with others (hellforge rushing is a good example). Trading brings way too many problems. The worst move would be to bring back trading and fix none of the other issues with social play.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    D2 is way more social. You have elements like PvP, trading, and some people will forgerush which is a social activity for a lot of players. 8 players per game.

D3 was designed and built in a Blizzard era where they didn't think being social mattered. So they cut max players to 4, PvP is a joke, no trading, no incentive to level fresh from 1 with new players, nor to help level others from level 1. You just run grifts by yourself. Solo play is not nearly as rewarding as social play. So D3 died.

- - - Updated - - -

Id like to stress that i think removing trading is good for the game. They should fix pvp and provide reasons to play with others (hellforge rushing is a good example). Trading brings way too many problems. The worst move would be to bring back trading and fix none of the other issues with social play.
    The rewards for being with 4 always have and always will be much better vs solo play.
    The outrcy about this reduced a lot of the benefits, but 4 players grifts go a lot higher ( thus more xp / shards / higher level gems / legendaries etc ) and are thus more rewarding.
    The problem being that most people themselves arent very social and/or the ones in love with this game still have grown up and dont have the time anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post

Actually, in D2 the only need to be social was for trading stuff because there wasn't an AH system so you had to actually talk to people. Farming and other stuff could have been done easily solo with the /players 8 command (and was actually more rewarding due to no competition in looting stuff).

PvP had literally no structure other "flag yourself hostile and beat up people" that most of the time ended in a lvl 99 jumping into random games and killing everyone until everyone got used to set passwords to their games. The whole PvP scene though was brought up by the community itself, so there's nothing D2 did more than D3 on this aspect.

However, D2 was a much more community driven game not only because of the game itself, but also (and most importantly) because of the playerbase and the lack of the "istant gratfication" feeling people seem to crave for now.

I'm not saying you're not right, but that D2 didn't have those magic features that made everyone social. D3 was design with the goal in mind of making people actually play together instead of alone. That ended with players just complaining about how playing alone wasn't feasible at all - people didn't just care about other players they just wanted to play. Yes, we can argue that the complaint were born because of the ladders and GRs system that basically puts you into a costant treadmill for those higher gems and paragon, thus playing in group was simply just way better, but people didn't want to fix the imbalance, they wanted to play alone and be able to get the same stuff group players were able to.

Trading is another aspect. Yes, it forces communication, but give it an imbalanced structure (AH) and it just becomes more efficient than actually playing. Citing PoE devs, GGG, they have explicitly stated that they won't make trading easier - searching for items should be easy enough, but actually tradin not so much, otherwise the easiest it gets the more efficient it becomes instead of playing the game.

You don't want to gear your char through trading. You either just want a base to start with or the occasional elusive item after quite a while you have played.

I just bought a new PC to play D3 on max settings since the game is so good now!

Or is it?!

The OLD blizzard company structure was that the core of the company was battle.net. Bnet was basically the discord of its time in the 1990s. Kids logged onto bnet and chatted. Bnet funnelled traffic to all of their games. Someone playing brood wars would hop over to d2 and maybe to war3. It was very social.

Blizzard dismantled the entire social structure and demoted bnet to basically a launcher. Its much more cumbersome and unwieldy to have an intergame community that hops between games. They dismantled most of the social elements of their games. All of their titles suffer for it. Gamers have not changed at ALL and sought to build communities elsewhere and eventually it all refrmed on discord. The key difference is discord is not owned by blizzard so blizzard cannot use it to drive traffic to their games.

Blizzard is basically competing with discord. Blizzard needs to build a version of discord that is FULLY integrated into all of their titles so tha it is easily used for communication. However, im not sure they have the expertise to pull that off. They dont seem to understand why social is good so they might make an attempt and add a bunch of poor elements to it.

Finally you have to wonder when the people who own discord might realize they have a massive captive audience and begin to publish their own games and integrate them into discord and basically do to blizzard what blizzard once did to everyone else.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post

Which is easy enough, just farm the white item drops in halls of agony/pandemonium/ect. And pick up blue/yellow shit, you don't really seem to need speed runs anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Basically blizzard made a very large tactical error and didnt understand the core value of their company. They thought the key to their success was polish in genres that were well established. It was not. The core value of the company was actually battle.net, which acted as a proto discord, a massive social hub for gamers, that blizzard used to drive traffic to their titles. Diablo starcraft and warcraft all suffer greatly from their failure to properly understand their own business model.

Quote Originally Posted by Helltrixz View Post

/p7 is single player only
    I know, but excluding season-only uniques you had the same amount of xp and drops of an 8 players group in solo. The point was about getting as much stuff as playing in party when solo.

I know, but excluding season-only uniques you had the same amount of xp and drops of an 8 players group in solo. The point was about getting as much stuff as playing in party when solo.
    Yeah, but people were talking playing solo ON BNET, not in single player. And in that situation, /players 8 isn't applicable.