Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    7/10

Disappointed that Suramar City is still a hostile place.

Also the very first Expansion where i unsubbed for a while.
    Last edited by TheDeeGee; 2017-11-20 at 07:12 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    A great expansion. I began playing the week after Cataclysm came out and only MoP possibly rivals Legion. They definitely gave us a lot to do, and while it wasn't all great and some of it only appealed to niche groups, it's hard to take anyone credibly when they complain that there wasn't enough decent content. Some things worked better than others; level-scaling worked better than I expected (and the fact that they are expanding it to leveling in general suggests that their feedback says the same), having 4 zones you can go through in any order did far worse because it was still incredibly linear and boring for alts. Artifacts were great, and generally implemented in a way that has made them continue to feel relevant for the most part. Content was provided at a more consistent pace, and it looks like more is coming. The class revamps were great, for the most part - the specs on classes I play (basically anything ranged) have all become much more individually unique. I hope they continue with trying to make specs as unique as possible. That said, some specs still struggle. Of those I am familiar with, demonology has potential but the implementation remains too problematic. I also personally hate the design of spriests, though others seem to like it.

So, yeah... great expansion. Far better than Cataclysm or WoD. Marginally better than MoP.
    "The nomad's life enthralls me. Its restlessness pursues me: it is as much a part of me as of the sailor. All ports and none are home to him, and all arrivings only a new setting forth" ~ Ella Maillart

Overall, it's been a fantastic expansion. Its major downfall, as everyone is saying, is the RNG overload. It seems like they're tuning it back at least some come BfA, so that seems like it's a step in the right direction. I think both world quests and Mythic+ have been wild successes, and they seem like they will remain staples in the game for many expansion packs to come, which is great.

I feel like Legion is one of the expansion packs people will look back on fondly, even those who say it SUX right now - just give it some time for everyone to jump on the "YEAH LEGION WAS GREAT" bus. What a comeback after WoD!

Legion kept my attention for a good long while. My interest kind of fell off a cliff after a few weeks of 7.2 though. What really killed it was that kill 100 demons quest, after I had already killed hundreds of demons. Like, wtf? I let my sub expire, came back to check out Argus, and it didn't offer anything to recapture my imagination, and by that time token prices were going through the roof. I haven't paid $15/month in years and I don't really see that the value is there just to come back and check out patches anymore, and when tokens are approaching 200k, I guess I'll just have to wait for the next expansion.
    Furthermore, I consider that China must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    solid 7/10, i miss the new feel that i get with every new expansion/game

but for story, art, cinematics and quests, really enjoyed it, major step up from WoD

3/10

Still better than WoD...

Score might go down, in 6+ months, because yipeee for content drought.
    "That shit went down faster than a gold digger on a dying rich dude".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    "never" when they just started this Crap with WoD
    Yes, but they have stated it's going to remain the same moving forward because they like it. So...get used to it.

I would rate it higher than WoD and Cata, but lower than the others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Best expansion for a while. Hadn't had this much fun since WotLK, also haven't had so much to do and such little time for alts since Vanilla lol. Overall great expansion
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Very happy with it. Good overall flow of content, quality of content was mostly acceptable, massive leap from WoD. Graphically one hell of an expansion in terms of zone art. Story was good for the most part, loved the raids.

Not too happy with the legendaries and the AP grind (which is now fine).

A high 7 out of 10.

Quote Originally Posted by Dankdruid View Post
    personally, after completing all raids on mythic so far within top 10 of my realm i obviously have a highly influential and professional opinion that is valued among the lesser achieving players that make up the majority of this forum.

overall i would say Legion was a solid expansion both in story and implentation of the story. having said that Artifact power and weapons were a failure and as we have heard, Blizzard are happy to see the back of them.
    Your post is so troll I'm having a hard time resisting to reply.

Being good at the game and being in a top guild doesn't make you smart or unbiased, so you are clearly overexaggerating your influence.

That being said I disagree with your opinion that artifact weapons were a failure. They were excellent endgame progression for non-hardcore players that don't need to farm AP to ridiculous levels. And that's over 95% of the playerbase. The next expansion is having an artifact necklace. It's the same thing. The core system of the artifact is staying.

The main failures this expansion were legendaries and 6 slot tier sets. Many people still like them; I'm mostly fine with it since I have all the legendaries of my class, but they ended blocking too many pieces of gear, and that is one thing the next expansion is actually changing. No more tier sets.

for me TBC>Vanilla>Legion=WOTLK>MOP>the remaining trash.

Legion was very high quality and nice. Mythic+ brings a new fun end game goal. Titanforge and Warforged is a very nice system (I know many people complained, but in the long run your main was always much stronger than your alts since you had the right stats and warforged on your main too). Legendary was not that nice.
    Regarding Mythic+, I wish they could find a way to make it harder in the sense of more challenging rather than more annoying at high keys. also WPVP is..

Overall Legion was great.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Yeah because you are just pulling that opinion out of your butt for the sake of chiming in.

Source! or don't say that more has quitted this expansion than WoD!
    Anecdotal evidence, but while i endured WoD, Legion has caused me to permanently quit WoW after an uninterrupted 12 year sub.
    /spit@Blizzard

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Far best expasion since Wrath.

There is no color when you put everything together, the positives outweigh the negatives.

9/10, my favorite by far. Only complaint is artifacts being spec specific, although I don't even care anymore now that you complete your entire artifact tree with the first AP item you get at 110

They tried much harder with the story, but the story didn't happen to be particularly original or interesting.

Bloodsail Admiral CreatureLives's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Best since Wrath.

7+ Year Old Account
    Would have been a hell of lot better without the Legendary system. It was a great expansion - would have been 9/10 without the legendary system, but RNG required to play at a high level was absolute shit. If there were only like 4 total legendaries to swap between, or if there was a different way to be able to choose which you wanted when it was earned it would have helped, but a 10% change in dps/hps because you got unlucky with the RNG and got the worst possible legendaries before good ones was ridiculous. Dropped expansion from 9/10 to 7/10. And because everybody else is doing it - TBC > WoTLK > MoP > Legion > Cata > WoD. Never played Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would've rated it 9/10 but the insane amounts of RNG like the legendaries and TF makes it more like 7/10. RNG has always been a part of this game but they fucking flipped the insane switch this time.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Best expansion since Wrath and it comes pretty damn close to Wrath as well. If you don't like Legion it's probably a sign that what you don't actually like is "World of Warcraft" and it's time to stop moaning and find a new game.