Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    all I've gotten until now is "HELL NO" or "bad idea". can anyone tell me why it's a bad idea?
    Because what you're aiming to skip is the *ENTIRE* point of the game. Go play something else if you just want to play instead of "grind"

15+ Year Old Account
    Pay to win in wow would be the ability to buy gear. It is not pay to win to buy an instant max level char. If you buy a character that has maxed out gear then you do it for the gear, not the level.
    "Only Jack can zip up."
    The word you want to use is "have" not "of".
    You may have alot of stuff in your country, but we got Lolland.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    They do have that involvement.
    have you leveled a character recently? being able to do this, which shouldn't even be remotely possible, doesn't qualify it as an involved experience by any definition of the word. Could do that shit in your sleep without the slightest worry. That is the opposite of an involved experience.

Mythic 5 mans, even up at the level required for maximum weekly reward chest loot, being a simple matter of "pull group, spam AoEs" isn't an involved experience either.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-11-20 at 07:39 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorlax View Post
    The genre as a whole has progressed.
    Progress is also a matter of perspective, where we're going right now looks more like regression to me.

This also has nothing to do with time sink, something can be involved, require the player to actually pay attention, and still go quickly... Those things are not mutually exclusive, why you people always think they are is beyond me.

Leveling IS supposed to be content, after all, not something just supposed to be rushed through as quickly as possible. Of course people should have the option to do that (which is the point of heirlooms and boosts, they could even increase the xp boost on heirlooms if needed), but the people who want to level and enjoy it as the content that it is should be able to as well, they currently can't. We can have both of those things at once.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-11-20 at 08:18 PM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quit the game, OP. I know i did for the same reasons as you after 12 years of non-stop WoW involvement. My life is far better now. Plus, i get to bash this shit.
    Stop asking for p2w.
    /spit@Blizzard

skipping a grind is NOT pay to WIN!
    So a purchasable gear for the mythic raiders wouldn't be pay for win just because they're grinding?

Yeah, keep saying that to yourself...

P2W is when you are getting advantage - so the thing you proposed is exactly P2W.

skipping actual progression IS pay to win!
    buying a mythic boost from a high-end raiding guild IS pay to win!
    buying an arena gladiator boost IS pay to win!

Blizzard thinks buying a level 110 is NOT pay to win.
    that means that farming artifact power is NOT pay to win.
    that means that farming mats is NOT pay to win.
    that means that farming an easy-to-do dungeon for gear is also NOT pay to win!
    Some peoples end-game is Normal or Heroic raiding. By passing everything you need to do to get beyond what the game is designed for is pay-to-win. Do you secretly work for EA to try and show you're not wrong in putting Pay-To-Win in Battlefield 2?

Your logic is crap. You don't understand this game obviously.

10+ Year Old Account
    what the fuck is wrong with you, go play battlefront if you wanna p2w
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

As much as I get your feelings (I can't really do any serious raiding because my time is limited during uni and I can't do all the necessary preparation in order to enter a raiding guild or a raid pug.... but it wouldn't be WoW then. It would be a different game. Offering a method to buy stuff like that would damage the game and its community. In various ways. And there would be no going back (just like with things like Flying where once it has been introduced, it hurts to be deprived of).

Quote Originally Posted by Mandible View Post
    Pay to win in wow would be the ability to buy gear. It is not pay to win to buy an instant max level char. If you buy a character that has maxed out gear then you do it for the gear, not the level.
    Except this proposed package includes hc-raid ready gear. It is P2W.

All of these power boosts you get for paying real money is the very defination of Pay To Win. Character boosts are bad enough but what you suggest would ruin the game.

Okay, here is the deal.

< SNIP >

buying a mythic boost for the current raid from a high-end raiding guild IS pay to win!

It all depends on someones point of view, as to what Progression actually means. Is leveling progression? Is unlocking difficulties progression? Is earning gear progression?

Blizzard already ran with P2W elements, so I wouldn't be surprised if they actually implement this sometime. Sounds great. I stopped playing retail long ago because of these sort of changes, so I guess I don't mind either way at this point. WoW fans today are simply not the same people I used to play with

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    All of these power boosts you get for paying real money is the very defination of Pay To Win. Character boosts are bad enough but what you suggest would ruin the game.
    Buying a lvl 100 or 110 character isn't pay to win. If they had a 110 boost, I couldn't buy one and start raiding normal/heroic/mythic properly. I could get carried no problem but that still isn't paying to win.

You should consider playing another genre, given your list of games you should consider MOBAs or any other genre of games w/ lobbies that can be played in short sessions.

MMOs in general and MMORPGs in particular are all about grinding and being endless, grind is a staple of this genre.
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-11-20 at 10:24 PM.

Deleted
    How the fuck has this thread not been closed yet and OP banned?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    This is the future of video games. I wish they never got popular and were left alone.
    Casuals, cant live with them, cant live without them.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP is everything wrong with the video game industry right now.

1990 Cheat Codes: UP UP DOWN DOWN LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT B A
    2020 Cheat Codes: 50 EURO / DOLLAR

Quote Originally Posted by Hunterwep View Post
    1990 Cheat Codes: UP UP DOWN DOWN LEFT RIGHT LEFT RIGHT B A
    2020 Cheat Codes: 50 EURO / DOLLAR
    Yeah but it's 50 per code, and you need to have at least 1 code to beat the final boss.

Okay, here is the deal.

Playing WoW is INCREDIBLY time consuming. I've been playing the game hardcore for +10 years. All I do in my free time is playing WoW. But only Raiding and Rated PvP is what I enjoy. So I spent at least 50% of my free time GRINDING levels, gear, artifact power, mats and honor. AND IT'S JUST NOT FUN!
    All I want at this point, is logging in and jumping in the action RIGHT AWAY.
    So what I'm asking for is for Blizzard to offer a NO-GRIND package in the ingame shop. Let's say you buy the no-grind package 'Mage'. This package might include:

- level 110 Mage
    - an item level that allows you to raid the newest raid on heroic difficulty(*)
    - maxed out artifact weapon instantly
    - all honor levels

(*you buy the no-grind package at the beginning of an expansion and then every new patch your item level goes up automatically - so you are always ready to raid the newest content)

In CS, in League, in Overwatch, in all these games you just log in and do what you enjoy. Farming flasks for your guild for hours is not my definition of fun. Farming artifact power, doing the same world quests over and over and over again, is just not fun. All I enjoy in this game is Raiding and playing Rated PvP (but these two things I enjoy A LOT).

Yes, it's an MMO. Yes, progression is part of the game. But progression != grinding. Progression, for me, is beating a hard boss in a raid or reaching 2400 in Arena.

taken from: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game

Update:

buying a mythic boost for the current raid from a high-end raiding guild IS pay to win!

Hey man, dont stop there. Here is a GREAT idea for you. Pay someone else to just play the game for you. Every so often when they get some new gear or a cheevo they can screen shot it to you, this method will make life 10000x Easier for you. maybe an hour a night or so you can log in and just stand in a major city and admire how much progress "you" have made on your toon.