Poll: If you could join only one?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickybuds79 View Post
    Yea I suppose so, but the federation isn't a race.
    Why not? They all have four limbs humanoid figures I’d say so. Everyone speaks English too
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Why not? They all have four limbs humanoid figures I’d say so. Everyone speaks English too
    there are many non-humanoid species in the federation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    there are many non-humanoid species in the federation.
    Yeah such as?

Deleted
    Yeah such as?
    I can name the Horta but I think any other races were EU and not canon.

Edit: I stand corrected.
    Last edited by mmoca51a6f9f4d; 2017-11-20 at 11:48 PM.

Deleted
    Yeah such as?
    trill symbiont, xindi insectoid, xindi aquatic, edosian, bzzit khaht. probably more, most won't be on your regular class M atmosphere starship for obvious reasons.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2017-11-20 at 11:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immortan Rich View Post
    I can name the Horta but I think any other races were EU and not canon.
    Gotcha, I can even think of who the Horta are off the top of my head, but I get what you mean.

I’ve always like the Ferengi.
    Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintelligible propositions. -Thomas Jefferson

10+ Year Old Account
    trill symbiont, xindi insectoid, xindi aquatic, edosian, bzzit khaht. probably more, most won't be on your regular class M atmosphere starship for obvious reasons.
    Woah ok I stand corrected. Honestly never seen any of those in TNG though Xindi Insectoid? Hmm brb googling.

Quote Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
    I’ve always like the Ferengi.
    We have got Ferengi around my area. Although they are disguised as Pakistani market traders.

Deleted
    Woah ok I stand corrected. Honestly never seen any of those in TNG though Xindi Insectoid? Hmm brb googling.
    future daniels said they joined the federation in star trek enterprise. though that timeline was later changed so its possible they never ended up joining despite ending on pretty decent terms at the end of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Excellion View Post
    Rihannsu...who else!

- - - Updated - - -

Then you'd probably have a lot of people picking Q just for the power.
    I mean, they do also have a great name

I'd be a Q

10+ Year Old Account
    future daniels said they joined the federation in star trek enterprise. though that timeline was later changed so its possible they never ended up joining despite ending on pretty decent terms at the end of that.
    Yeah googled LOL, Didn't watch Enterprise whoops wish, should have just made it 4 factions Fed, Borg, Klingon, Romulan Meh!

Q /thread tenchars

Deleted
    Dude you ain't event mentioned Vulcans LOL.

Deleted
    some good stuff here https://www.reddit.com/r/startrek/co...he_federation/

Rigellians are a species of sentient turtles.
    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Vilix'pran is some sort of bird?
    there is a ops station for ceteceans on the enterprise D, who are some sort of fish? http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Cetacean
    medusans are non corporeal
    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Melkotian
    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Yonada
    http://memory-alpha.wikia.com/wiki/Phylos <- plants. supposedly all federation members.

Deleted
    Yeah googled LOL, Didn't watch Enterprise whoops wish, should have just made it 4 factions Fed, Borg, Klingon, Romulan Meh!
    Feds: Great quality of life, everything you need to live and entertain yourself is free, education is free and encouraged, amazing life span (McCoy was 137 and his daughter was 115 when he toured the Enterprise -D), you can follow any career you like if you get bored of indulging in every fetish you can dream of on the holodeck, downside is every other faction seems to want to fuck you over.

Borg: You get the knowledge of trillions of individuals, perfect health and resistance to a lot of things including the vacuum of space, you also never need to eat or sleep. Downsides are you will be a drone so none of that shit even matters to you, they do not give a shit about you.

Klingons: You will be born stronger than many races, people fear you and you will be sure to get good combat training unless you are an outcast. Downsides are they look down on every other profession other than soldiers, dying old is considered shameful so it is rare to live long, you may get killed by an underling because he wants your job.

Romulans: A mix between humans and the vulcans, high level of tech, long lives and very strong. Downside is your own mother may stab you in the back for the greater good.

The Borg. Communism will win.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    The Borg. Communism will win.
    t. the Borg queen right before she assimilates Admiral Janeway.

t. the Borg queen right before she assimilates Admiral Janeway.
    Borg Queen is cancer. I don't regard that shit canon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Feds: Great quality of life, everything you need to live and entertain yourself is free, education is free and encouraged, amazing life span (McCoy was 137 and his daughter was 115 when he toured the Enterprise -D), you can follow any career you like if you get bored of indulging in every fetish you can dream of on the holodeck, downside is every other faction seems to want to fuck you over.

Borg: You get the knowledge of trillions of individuals, perfect health and resistance to a lot of things including the vacuum of space, you also never need to eat or sleep. Downsides are you will be a drone so none of that shit even matters to you, they do not give a shit about you.

Klingons: You will be born stronger than many races, people fear you and you will be sure to get good combat training unless you are an outcast. Downsides are they look down on every other profession other than soldiers, dying old is considered shameful so it is rare to live long, you may get killed by an underling because he wants your job.

Romulans: A mix between humans and the vulcans, high level of tech, long lives and very strong. Downside is your own mother may stab you in the back for the greater good.
    Yes, but the reason I loved Star Trek to begin with is exploration part, being able to literally observe and realize the very edge of existence, The Federation might be there at one point but Drone or not, I do dig the idea of being able to be part of a hive mind and play with physics and reality in a way very limited by any of the other 3.

All of them have their drawbacks and you nailed them all beautifully. You are spot on about the Borg, but in the vain of exploration and the reaches if knowledge it's the most tempting.

I like the Klingons but I am far too soft for any of that, I couldn't want to not be say Borg but then go Klingon, if I am going to go the 180 of The Borg, I am guessing I would go The Federation, because they have the most freedom in the pursuit of the same kind of realization. But one could actually enjoy their life and do some more things for the self and develop in other ways

Romulans are cunning, but as a whole unless it was STO which I am not sure is Canon They might be a close 2nd to the Borg in my pick, The ones in TNG remind me more of the Imperial guards of earth.

So yeah either Borg or Fed, Borg, I wouldn't think of it Riich Alpha, Beta, and Delta Quadrant and the knowledge of all that information in fractions of a seconds, you telling me you don't think your mind could withstand the Borg for all that?

Think of it Riich Borg King?