Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

Off-duty police officer shoots armed robbers dead while holding baby in other arm

https://www.yahoo.com/news/off-duty-...150222914.html

World

Off-duty police officer shoots armed robbers dead while holding baby in other arm

An off-duty military police officer shot dead two armed robbers while holding his child in one arm when the pair tried to hold up a pharmacy, CCTV footage shows. Sergeant Rafael Souza had walked into the business 40km outside the city of São Paulo, Brazil, with his wife and child to buy medicine when the two men burst in wearing hoods and wielding guns. One of the men - Jefferson Alves, 24 - then reportedly pointed his weapon at Mr Souza, who drew his pistol and is seen on camera shooting the attacker at close range.
    IDK that I would have been willing to do this while carrying my child, but good on him for taking out the trash.

Deleted
    That sounds like a Bollywood scene

10+ Year Old Account
    So what you're saying is that SA cops have far better aim than NA cops?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    So what you're saying is that SA cops have far better aim than NA cops?
    Maybe?

As a combat veteran, I am certainly impressed that not only was he able to react to the situation and engage with accurate fire, but he was also able to do so while holding a child. Bravo

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    Cute that you keep pulling "good guy with a gun" stories from South America in what I can only assume to be an agenda to perpetuate the pro-gun stance of the US. Do you really not realize how petty this looks?
    I'm not sure what you're talking about, and even if I did, you could measure how much I care in microshits.

That's badass.

Cute that you keep pulling "good guy with a gun" stories from South America in what I can only assume to be an agenda to perpetuate the pro-gun stance of the US. Do you really not realize how petty this looks?
    Bout as petty as the "gunz r bad" stance that so many seem to embrace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds completely thoughtless and stupid to do that while holding a child in his hand, the guy sounds like an idiot, I don't know about taking out the fucking trash, but I do think very little of someone who put their own kid in harm's way to try to play Charles fucking Bronson.

- - - Updated - - -

I am pro gun, please don't lump me in with this numb nut shit, this was fucking stupid and not to be celebrated in any measure.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

I feel like that would really fuck up that baby's hearing.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Over here people would be outraged with his decision to shoot the mugger, especially since it endangers the child.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    I feel like that would really fuck up that baby's hearing.
    Yeah probably, he just went with the moment lol. Still the robbers should not have pointed a gun at the officer and his son and maby they would be alive instead of getting their head blown off.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2017-11-21 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    This is child endangerment/abuse, imo. He should have put the child somewhere safe, then engaged if it was necessary.
    Did you even read the story? Or watch the video? They didn't exactly give him time to put the child somewhere safe. Unless you expected him to put his child on the floor and risk them getting crushed by the other dude that was running away from the robber.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Completely agree with you. The guy acted really recklessly with his child’s life.
    Money is insured stuff can be replaced, and ultimately these morons would be caught, putting that kids life in any possible jeopardy is beyond stupid, and I don't care if this dude was a the best shot in the world.

Not to mention the fact a kid doesn't need to see someone's head turned inside out that young either. I don't know many that would be impressed by this shit, regardless to owning guns or not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Did you even read the story? Or watch the video? They didn't exactly give him time to put the child somewhere safe. Unless you expected him to put his child on the floor and risk them getting crushed by the other dude that was running away from the robber.
    Then as a father you protect your child first and foremost, you don't make a play to shoot it out. It was a thoughtless and stupid act

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless you're supertony's alter ego, I wasn't talking to you there.
    No, but I support guns, but I'm just pointing out I don't know anybody who would have done this stupid shit. Without a kid? Possibly With a kid? No fucking way.

So two people are dead and a child was endangered over some money. Fucked up.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Then as a father you protect your child first and foremost, you don't make a play to shoot it out. It was a thoughtless and stupid act
    I mean, he did protect the child, by neutralizing the threat.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    I mean, he did protect the child, by neutralizing the threat.
    What threat?

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    What threat?
    The two robbers pointing a gun at the officer and his son?

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    The two robbers pointing a gun at the officer and his son?
    How were they a threat? They wanted money. You can shoot when they actually threaten your life.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The guy seemed content to stay safe until they actually pointed a Gun at him and his Child. At which point I wouldn't blame anyone for gunning down those thug filth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    How were they a threat? They wanted money. You can shoot when they actually threaten your life.
    Yeah, he totally should have waited until they fired point blank at him and his Child before doing something. Thugs are totally innocent and predictable until they start firing

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    The guy seemed content to stay safe until they actually pointed a Gun at him and his Child. At which point I wouldn't blame anyone for gunning down those thug filth.
    Wow. Calling human beings filth. Dehumanization is fascist.