Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Nightfallen were cured. The ones you still see exist for the same reason you can kill Arthas every week even though he's technically been dead-dead for half a decade.

That being said, they should use a slightly edited Nightfallen model for undead elves, should that ever happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Arcan'dor fruit must be high in fiber, somehow.
    Well they lost body mass because they are not connected to some magic well... getting fiber back from some magic fruit does not sound any less plausible to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paragas View Post
    I much prefer the Nightfallen over the bland looking Nightborne. They're what, darker Night Elves? At least with Nightfallen you have phhysical differences other than pointed chins.
    Skin tones, runes, different ears...at least they're more different from Night Elves than Draenei are from Lightforged or Dwarves from Dark Iron.

It makes little sense following the lore, but that allied race is the only one I would actually be interested in playing.

Actually, withering void elves (sunfallen?) could have been nice too.

Quote Originally Posted by alt-ithist View Post
    Anytime you play an elf you are playing a magical heroine addict. You’re just playing the functional ones who has not lost their teeth or sold their kids to their dealers for a fix yet. Just give them time.
    Well it's always nice to play both sides, just like we do with Horde and the Alliance. We've been dealers so far, now when this expansion launches we'll get to experience the fiend struggle in Suramar's drug underworld.

Though with both Nightborne and Void Elves joining sides, I am pulling a good old Othmar quote.

I want a nightfallen/wretched-inspired elf model as a subrace for undead characters..
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    So is it safe to assume that OP is salty about Nightborne joining the Horde and not the Alliance?
    I have no idea why you'd assume that. OP clearly just wants more a more visually distinct allied race. Nightfallen are better than Nightborne imo.

-Someone who is salty that the Horde were given Nightborne just for the sake of balance.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I know the Nightborne get their beautiful bodies back when they are cured by their addiction, and I know there isn't any chance that Blizzard will make the change now that they've announced their plans for allied races, so this thread isn't much more than a whine thread, but I really believe it would have been way better if that weren't the case. The way Blizzard ended up handling the Nightborne kind of felt like the Nightborne suffered no real consequences of their addiction to the Nightwell. Some random druid and some adventurers showed up and solved all of their problems for them. Life doesn't work like that, let alone recovering from addiction.

First of all, they look way more distinct from the Night Elves than the Nightborne currently do. Second, they look much more like a Horde race, and actually look like they could be 'bad guys'. Finally, the fact that their bodies are still partially withered, despite being cured of their addiction, would be a constant reminder of the fate that befell their race. It would also make more sense for the Nightfallen to join the Horde, as the healthy Nightborne civilization would likely reject their reassimilation due to typical Elven xenophobia (and the awkwardness of hanging around people they once exiled), forcing the Nightfallen to seek allies for survival. The Blood Elves, sympathetic to their suffering from magical addiction, would have helped them out. While the Alliance chooses not to trust them, in the same way one would have difficulty trusting a recovering addict around their valuable goods.

In addition, they would not be able to be Warriors like the Nightborne can, because they obviously lack the physical strength to swing a sword. Alternatively, it could be written in that Withered who are cured by their addiction recover to Nightfallen, but never back to healthy Nightborne.
    What consequences did the Night Elves suffer for their addiction to the WoE? The Nightwell was essentially the same just powered/created by a pillar and all it did was serve to replace the WoE. The night elves got world trees and the Nightborne for the Arcandor fruit.

Nah Horde already have 1 wretched ugly malnourished race so i prefer nightborne over nightfallen !

Maybe your character model becomes a Nightfallen when you are at 25% mana, and if you run out of mana you become a Withered for 5 seconds and attack friend and foe. I know this is unlikely, but the idea sounded fun to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    There really wouldn't have been much to do in Suramar if the Nightfallen had stayed Nightfallen. The arcan'dor and Nightwell wouldn't have been options in that case, so they all would have Withered, and the lore makes it abundantly clear from the start that no one can return from becoming Withered. Take that away, and it also takes away the entire purpose of characters like Runas in Azsuna - or the Nightfallen in general.

In the end, not only do I prefer the look of Nightborne, but I also prefer the idea that they have to survive without the Nightwell (thus, changing their entire culture - no more arcwine/mana juice). They also have no shield anymore, meaning they have to interact with the world now, and they have to atone for the wrongs of their own people. I find it more compelling than "We're addicted, and we look like a Horde race, so what choice do we have?"

Except, the Nightborne don't have the same silhouette. They stand with their feet wider apart, their torso turned at a three-quarters angle, and their arms are also set wider than regular night elves to compensate for their legs being apart as well. They also have different ears - Nightborne ears curve upward, compared to the flat/straight night elf ears.

-Suramar models
    -New models

Compare that to Shandris and Jarod, who stand with their feet and hands closer. Night Elves also face their head, chest, and hips in the same direction when idle. They have similar faces (I noticed the males have a slightly different nose shape), but it's hard to tell without seeing more of their faces without helmets on.
    You are right.

I stand corrected.

The thing with the fruit is that it's supplied by just one tree. You have an entire nation that requires it and no Nightwell to sustain them meanwhile. So it looks to me there is a real consequence to the Nightborne: Their race is essentially in a long state of recuperation. I'm guessing Dalaran and Silvermoon are assisting them so that they won't die off, while waiting for more fruit portions. What the Horde gets are cured segments of the army, not a strong nation. I feel this is enough.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    No, they aren't corrupted. There is nothing corrupted about them by any sense of corruption in the wow world. Stop sounding like a moron.

- - - Updated - - -

None, because the Night Elves in general weren't addicted to the Arcane. Only the Highborne suffered addiction. Those who couldn't save themselves through Druidic magic and remained addicted joined Dath'remar in exile and eventually became the Quel'dorei.
    Yes they were "corrupted". The WoE changed them from their natural forms into something else. To the Trolls this would be corruption. Corruption technically doesn't have to be negative, it means to cause an unintended change. The WoE caused an unintended change in the Trolls.
    Maybe realize I'm not trying to put down your precious Night Elves before you spout off like a rube.

so. let me sum the post of OP

Horde must get nightfallen because they are ugly as others in horde?

I just hope Nightborne will be able to use Bloodthistle, too Maybe even ugprade it so you can transform into a Nightfallen/Wretched while on withdrawal.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    I don't feel that there is enough visual distinctiveness between the Night Elves and the Nightborne. If you slapped dark blue/purple skins on a Night Elf, you would have something that is 90% accurate to what the Nightborne are today.
    And the only difference between high and blood elves are blue eyes vs green but people have been clamoring for playable high elves since day one.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    just hamfist some reason about the withered having the fruit cures them halfway into nightfallen or some shit and have them join as another allied race down the road
    then have them join alliance cause we already have forsaken!

Deleted
    How about no? We have helped to combat the mana deprivation during the campaign and have also supported the rebels to conquer the city, so the populace should not be afraid of starvation anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    I want a nightfallen/wretched-inspired elf model as a subrace for undead characters..
    This would be cool.

7+ Year Old Account
    No matter what argumentation you can make for them, there is still a huge problem with the Nightfallen after BFA and that is that the Nightfallen no longer really exists after the Arcandor have been created. The story will simply not allow them to be playable, because if you think the Blood Elfs were addicted to mana, the Nightfallen are that 100s over. They are very close to being Wretched, mindless mana-zombies, so you would have to add so much into the character to explain why they did not need daily supplies of mana.

While i do enjoy the look of the Nightfallen, they just don't make sense as playable characters from a lore standpoint.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'm honestly kinda salty that the Nightfallen ate of the Arcan'dor and immediately turned back into Nightborn. I think it would've been vastly cooler to have the Nightfallen elves -be- the Nightborn, going forward, free from the addiction but still clearly marred by the arcane power they flooded themselves with. The "Instant Magical Cure" stole what made Thalyssra, for example, awesome.

I also miss their voices, too.

*wistful sigh at the Nightborn that could've been!*
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.