View Poll Results: Are you expecting warglaives as random drops in BfA ?

Voters
154. This poll is closed
  • yes, I think so

118 76.62%
  • no, we will loot the same 1H as other melee

36 23.38%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    If they're still going to release guns/bows/xbows for only a single class then there's no reason for them not to add new warglaives.

There are bows/guns/xbows in every raid, and generally one or more in most dungeons I don't see why there wouldn't be any Warglaives. They will probably be less common than bows/guns/xbows, due to us having alternatives, but I still expect to see them in every raid, and in a decent number of dungeons, our animations look strange without them IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Uglytoes View Post
    What kind of comment is that? Warglaive as a weapon type was implemented with Demon Hunters. Other classes that have been added over time did not introduce new weapon types to the game so I'm not really sure how Monks and DKs make a good argument for no warglaives going forward.
    They could argue since they are able to equip the BT Glaives, that being said, I'm sure they are marked as swords not warglaives?

Regardless, @anon5123

Warglaives are the iconic weapons for DHs, if you based an entire expansion around the legion and introducing DHs and not give them glaives, it would cause a shit storm. Ignoring the whiners for what ever whinging, it literally wouldn't make sense for them not to have glaives given it's in their lore as what they use. It's the same as if we ever had wardens introduced, I'd expect we'd have their blades introduced.

Monks may not have had their own weapons introduced, but they had very very specific / monk'y designs on staffs when leveling, as well as staffs being used on the cover art and cinematic. Personally, when ever I think of a monk of any game or story, I imagine a staff.

DK's didn't get their own weps, but once again they had some very lore heavy themed weps to start. Then on top of that they had the runeforge which was really unique. I'd go as far to say it's just as awesome as DH's having glaives.

Anyways. DH will 100% get glaives in the next expansion. My personal guess is they will drop individually from dungeons (possibly a set bonus on some of them), this will allow you to use a glaive and sword. Opposed to being forced to use two for one drops. There will also be one or two in the raid tiers. Exactly the same as a few daggers, swords, axes, 2h maces etc will drop in some dungeons and some in the raids. Personally I don't disagree a warrior should be able to equip them, it's kind their thing to be a master of arms.

They could just make tokens that turn into a sword/warglaive/mace etc based on class. Or instead of weapons, have 'essences' drop, that you then infuse into a white weapon of your desired type. EG, you kill Boss X and gain an 'essence of titanslying', which you then apply to a white glaive, sold by a vendor, which turns the weapon into 'Warglaive of Titanslaying'.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Personally I don't disagree a warrior should be able to equip them, it's kind their thing to be a master of arms.
    They are, of conventional weapons. Warglaives are pretty exotic, so it makes sense IMO that they are restricted.

Of course there will be glaive drops... just like there was hunter weapons and rogue daggers.

Probably 1 per tier unless they go back to final bosses dropping weapons then maybe 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    They are, of conventional weapons. Warglaives are pretty exotic, so it makes sense IMO that they are restricted.
    You could argue being master of arms they are always training, always improving. I don't see how learning a new weapon regardless it's origin would be an issue. Again, this is all lore debate, I'm not overly fussed either way,

Deleted
    Yeah, I'd suppose.
    But make Warriors, Rogues, Monks and Death Knights be able to use them please.

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    Yeah, I'd suppose.
    But make Warriors, Rogues, Monks and Death Knights be able to use them please.
    then let dh use maces and enh shamans use swords and glaives.

makes no sense that they let daggers drop and not create glaives considering rogues are a dagger class and dh are a glaive class...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    makes no sense that they let daggers drop and not create glaives considering rogues are a dagger class and dh are a glaive class...
    Priests, warlocks and druids.

Hardly visible, but there's already a new quest/dungeon glaive model confirmed

Shit pic, but I couldn't get any better from the BfA demo.

In all honesty, I'm not expecting warglaive boss drops.

What I am expecting: Wargraive "appearances" from reputations, findable pickup treasures that have warglaives that are mostly for the appearances, and possibly craftable appearances that may be functional to a raid level if pumped with gold for craftable upgrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Rogues and Warriors also used them for stack sticks and pulling from a distance, all the way up through WotLK at least, maybe Cata too, I don't really remember Cata that well...
    Also, Demonhunters can use other 1h weapons, unlike hunters who need ranged weapons to function. I believe there will be the odd glaive appearing on a loot table on extermely rare occasions. Most of the time demonhunters will be using swords, axes,and fists though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by delus View Post
    Also, Demonhunters can use other 1h weapons, unlike hunters who need ranged weapons to function. I believe there will be the odd glaive appearing on a loot table on extermely rare occasions. Most of the time demonhunters will be using swords, axes,and fists though.
    I find it likely they will eventually open up warglaives to be used by other classes as well, to better justify putting more of them in the game to flesh out their model options.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealyssa View Post
    Do you think blizzard gonna give us some new warglaives as drop in BfA or are we more likely be "forced" into the classical one hands ?

That's one of the reason I liked the artifact system too, each spec got really what they needed. But I don't think having weapon for one spec is really smart, daggers are allready enough of a PITA with only 2 rogues specs wanting them (and maybe feral now ? )
    you will probly see a few but not tons unless blizz opens up warglaives to other dw classes to warent the number increase. imagine not having a dh and warglaves droping in a mythic raid ... :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Yes or rifles. But they were more or less a glorified stat stick with the utility of a small ranged pull.
    Just as melee weapons were for Hunters...

Dreadlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they will release them in a tokens, like raid ones.
    Depending on a spec they turn into your weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    Hardly visible, but there's already a new quest/dungeon glaive model confirmed
    [img]snip[/img]

Shit pic, but I couldn't get any better from the BfA demo.
    Yeah, I was referring to this picture earlier, yet this discussion still goes on for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    Warglaives are the iconic weapons for DHs, if you based an entire expansion around the legion and introducing DHs and not give them glaives, it would cause a shit storm.
    runeblades are "iconic weapons" for DK, but they weren't given their own unique weapon type. Just plain 2h swords.

If anything, DH would get "runeblades" as fist weapons or 1h swords like warglaives.

There'll at least be a few new Glaive designs I'm sure. I'm actually really interested to see if they go the route of having like, a Zandalari-inspired warglaive. That sounds awesome.

But yeah, given quest rewards are spec specific and personal loot is a thing, I expect at least a couple. They're so cool I can see the art team doing it just because glaives are cool.

I've got basically all of my artifact appearances and colors anyway though, so I've got plenty of variety even if they don't. Still, it would be a shame to not have something thematically approrpriate to swing around.