Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    Guessing you were alliance.
    Then you're guessing wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rakaji View Post
    Big difference between what was then and what is now.
    What is then is all we have to go on... other than a couple of vague statements from Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Then you're guessing wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

What is then is all we have to go on... other than a couple of vague statements from Blizzard.
    I don't think you understood what I wrote. We know more about the game and how to play it now.

Can't recall clearly as it was ages ago but I think back then, while tanks was more demanded than DPS, it was usually the healers that in great shortage especially at end game content as tanks was still able to do solo farming better than healer specs. I seem to remember alot of the times, we are usually waiting for healers or once we got the healers, we effectively got a group going.

Also there was lesser responsibility on tanks compare to now as alot of times as they were not the ones doing the pulls. I seem to recall alot of split pulls, CC pulls by druid roots/priest MC or rogue saps (which unstealth them and they run back with the un-CCed mobs in tow).
    Last edited by darkfire979; 2017-11-20 at 02:56 AM.

40-mans had a lot more healers to dps in vanilla.

Most first kills in Naxxramas had ~15 healers in the raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Any tank, even paladin, can do 5/10/15 mans. The sooner people accept this the faster you'll have your group.

Bears can tank early raids but post BWL it gets hairy, paladins shouldn't even attempt raids unless you're super geared and want to chug mana pots/beg for innervate. Raid tanks won't be rare though, usually it's just dungeon content.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think you understood what I wrote. We know more about the game and how to play it now.
    Nobody's been able to play it authentically since Vanilla. Maybe you didn't understand what I wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucarocks92 View Post
    Can anyone tell me if there will be a huge demand for Tanks?

Seeing as people want raid spots and preemptively factor this in when starting for the first time will it be possible that there are too many warriors seeing as it will most likely be the most played class in the game for sure?

I'm heavily leaning towards Warrior for the demand for Tanks and the fact they are great at DPS and PvP also but I don't want to roll warrior if they will be in abundance

Any info on people's recent experience on classic servers would be nice to know thanks
    raids required 2-3 tanks on most bosses (only a few select raids required more tanks for like 1 or two bosses)
    so 40 people to 2 tanks
    compared to 5 people for 1 tank, means in raids tanks are abit easier to find, but for dungeons they are much harder to find. and guilds will usually have a few extra tanks, so you may join a guild and be just an "off off tank" but you can still maybe find a guild to run dungeons, and raid when one of their tanks are missing, or you fight a boss like garr who is easier with more tanks, or one like the horsemen who need ALOT of tanks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I assume healers would be massively in demand? I mean even more so than usual.

Which would make the options Priest, Druid and Shaman? How was the healer balance in Vanilla? I seem to recall Priests being a bitch to level though.
    priest was best for sure holy only rarely disc.
    druid was only there for innervate, but could be an off heal. shaman was ok for horde but fit the same role as druid, they were there for their buffs, but they could heal off as long as they had their buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    40-mans had a lot more healers to dps in vanilla.

Most first kills in Naxxramas had ~15 healers in the raid.
    This isn't even remotely correct... how are you killing Patchwerk, Maexxna, Loatheb, Thaddius, 4H, or Sapph with 15 healers in your raid? Especially that first time, when your dps aren't nearly as geared. DPS checks for Naxx were extremely tight until you had the gear and I never did a boss in Naxx with 10+ healers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jilor View Post
    This isn't even remotely correct... how are you killing Patchwerk, Maexxna, Loatheb, Thaddius, 4H, or Sapph with 15 healers in your raid? Especially that first time, when your dps aren't nearly as geared. DPS checks for Naxx were extremely tight until you had the gear and I never did a boss in Naxx with 10+ healers.
    Let's have a look.

15 healers for Patchwerk first kill

14 healers for Loatheb first kill

15 healers for Maexxna first kill

16 healers for Four Horsemen first kill

Just count 'em off the raid frames, nice thing about vanilla Naxxramas all the hybrid classes healed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yik2uNTDWCE 14 healers for Kel'Thuzad first kill, note the DPS meters no hybrids there.

Blood Legion Kel'Thuzad first kill 14 healers

First Sapphiron kill for Last Resort, 14 healers.

Last edited by Nitros14; 2017-11-20 at 08:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    Nobody's been able to play it authentically since Vanilla. Maybe you didn't understand what I wrote.
    You're really confused, really self-obsessed, and wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're really confused, really self-obsessed, and wrong.
    Funny, that's exactly what I was thinking about you.

Seeing as people want raid spots and preemptively factor this in when starting for the first time will it be possible that there are too many warriors seeing as it will most likely be the most played class in the game for sure?

I'm heavily leaning towards Warrior for the demand for Tanks and the fact they are great at DPS and PvP also but I don't want to roll warrior if they will be in abundance

Any info on people's recent experience on classic servers would be nice to know thanks
    yes there will be - just roll warrior you can both tank and top dps meters.

im fully expecting warrior to be like >20% of population during first year.

Playing with 1.12 talents warrior, rogue and mage will be high population in late game raiding and pvp.

If they go further back those classes weren't always on top I don't think?

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Any tank, even paladin, can do 5/10/15 mans. The sooner people accept this the faster you'll have your group.

Bears can tank early raids but post BWL it gets hairy, paladins shouldn't even attempt raids unless you're super geared and want to chug mana pots/beg for innervate. Raid tanks won't be rare though, usually it's just dungeon content.
    so have fun playing with subpar specs who cant hold agroo and are squishy like dps

while most players who have a clue will play with real tanks only aka warriors

I know I will roll a warrior so I can tank for my brother and our IRL friends. I do know back in the day if you didn't have a tank on friends list/guild that was also online, then you were sitting in a city spamming trade.

There will be demand for tanks. I have seen guilds broken over tanks leaving.

The 8 ball says...... "She's the one. Ask her now"

Deleted
    Big difference between what was then and what is now. The knowledge base for playing the game is way more expansive than it was in the original days, and part of that abundance of guides, knowledge and such has been players on private servers (with blizz-like balancing, mind you) using DPS warriors and rogues to push content as quickly as possible. You simply can't beat either of those two classes at an equal gear level.
    While I agree on most of this don't forget private servers run 1.12.1 which means dps warriors are way better then at release in 2004. Just one example, bloodthirst was only useable after getting a killing blow till 1.6(?) and talents were way worse. So it kinda depends on which version they release.

Probably.
    As others have said, for dungeons mainly.

If for no other reason than warriors being a pain in the a** to level.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Probably.
    As others have said, for dungeons mainly.

If for no other reason than warriors being a pain in the a** to level.
    Everyone wants to play a warrior. Noone wants to tank.

(Broad and slightly inaccurate generalization though)
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis