Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    A cell wall perhaps...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/11/20...ore-death.html

Could a wall have prevented this great mans death?
    Is this a non sequitur?

Guys gun control doesent reduce gun violence, because criminal wont obey the law. Guys a wall will stop criminal, because they will obey the law.

Another trolling shit post. Misleading title. Baited question faking as a post.

0/10 Try harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Yes you do, which is why you cried to mods last time I called you "Super 'not a republican' tony". Why are you so ashamed of what you are?
    I'm a independant.

Even if I was a republican, it's not worse then being a democrat at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    You keep saying that, yet you continue to respond...
    I'm bored.

Honestly, I don't really care about your opinion either way, I find this exchange humorous.

I'm a independant.

Even if I was a republican, it's not worse then being a democrat at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm bored.

Honestly, I don't really care about your opinion either way, I find this exchange humorous.
    I do love those nationalistic people who claim to support individual liberty, limited government, and the free markets. It's so much fun watching them try and justify their hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Probably not since walls are only a deterrent
    It works!

It really depends. If there was an actual wall, not a few sparce fences here and there, that was constructed properly and built pretty much from coast-to-coast. Then absolutely this event would never have happened. Walls are not foolproof but they drastically reduce the actual numbers of crossings; history repeatedly shows this.

Securing the border is pretty easy you just have to enact actual measures to reduce the flow and discourage future attempts. Build a real wall, abolish jus soli, deport any and all illegals in the country already and any future ones that somehow make it over, and enact a shoot-on-sight policy at the border for illegal crossings. You will honestly never hear about the issue of illegal crossings at the southern border again.

In terms of the other source of illegals: overstays. There are solutions to this as well. Change policies. Stricter requirements for entering the country, more in-depth checks. When granting visas, have far stricter requirements on them. Certain countries of origin should be completely denied visas and yet aren't, like Mexico and pretty much any country south of it. Also you can employ bounty hunters to round overstays up for deportation similar to how bail bondsmen do.
    Last edited by snplisk; 2017-11-21 at 04:55 AM.

Could a wall have prevented this great mans death?
    Too many unknowns to be sure. There is simply not enough context with this incident to give an honest answer to your question.

As fot the proposed wall itself, you and I both know in military doctrine obstacles function not as a defense in of themselves, but rather as a means of channeling enemies towards terrain that presents maximum tactical advantage to a defender. Since we're not trying to get immigrants crossing the border into kill zones, it remains to be seen what utility the wall will have. I'm not convinced the minor inconvenience it will cause to those determined to cross will be worth the enormous costs involved in building it. I'm even less convinced it will be sufficiently manned to make it even as effective as it could be. Ask the Chinese how well an under-manned Great Wall kept the Mongols out..... I didn't.

I do love those nationalistic people who claim to support individual liberty, limited government, and the free markets. It's so much fun watching them try and justify their hypocrisy.
    Tony used to be reasonable, but he caught the Trump apparently and went way the fuck off the deep end. He's now in the shit tier with Tijuana, Orlong, and the other shit posting deplorables.

I'm pretty sure Skroe said it best but I can't find it so I'll paraphrase.

'You have the liberal posters with facts and studies and logical arguments, and you have the 'conservative side' with shitty arguments and no facts.'

You keep saying that, yet you continue to respond...
    If he is anything like some people I have observed (he may or may not be, I don’t know), he may do it just to toy with some people.

Some people simply must “have the last word” in a conversation. The those types see it, if they do, they “win”. A laughable concept I know. But, it is actually true as I have done quite a bit of research on the subject. During my research, I could string some of my “subjects” along simply by responding to them by quoting them and responding with “...”. And they would say something back just to argue their point. I would respond in that way for days (in some cases weeks) to them. Yet, they just had “had to get the last word in”. From a psychological stand point, egomaniacs generally “have to get the last word in”. Now, that doesn’t necessarily mean those types are all egomaniacs. It could be just their personality type. People with arguementative personalities tend to have this issue as well. Those types tend to lean towards personal attacks and insults as well.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving week everyone.

Dude, do some simple research I've stated in multiple threads many times that i think a wall is ultimately a waste of money.

If I'm brainwashed by the right wing, then you are by the left wing.
    I am noticing they are building something out of nothing myself. I read your first comment and did not see it as you taking a side but rather you asked a simple question that we can have a discussion about.

Maybe they fear feeling inferior? Maybe having a decent discussion is a rarity to them too... I am not sure myself.

Either way these two who jumped the fence are sick and evil people.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    It works!

Watching Spongebob reduces IQ.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    Too many unknowns to be sure. There is simply not enough context with this incident to give an honest answer to your question.

As fot the proposed wall itself, you and I both know in military doctrine obstacles function not as a defense in of themselves, but rather as a means of channeling enemies towards terrain that presents maximum tactical advantage to a defender. Since we're not trying to get immigrants crossing the border into kill zones, it remains to be seen what utility the wall will have. I'm not convinced the minor inconvenience it will cause to those determined to cross will be worth the enormous costs involved in building it. I'm even less convinced it will be sufficiently manned to make it even as effective as it could be. Ask the Chinese how well an under-manned Great Wall kept the Mongols out..... I didn't.
    Ive said a number of times before that I think the wall is a waste of money. The amount of money that goes into building it, maintaining it, staffing it, and powering it would be monumental.

Now, we can make the argument that, with the right technology applied, we can use it as a obstacle, and crossing it would be a major impediment, one that may give time for the border patrol to come and arrest those breaking the law.

I'd rather us look towards real immigration reform, in conjunction with stronger law enforcement, to enforce border policy.

In principle, i don't disagree with a wall, we have laws in place for a reason and securing our border is one of the true responsibilities of our government. I'm not against it for any subjective altruistic reason, just pure practicality.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Musik-Diversity86 View Post
    I am noticing they are building something out of nothing myself. I read your first comment and did not see it as you taking a side but rather you asked a simple question that we can have a discussion about.

Maybe they fear feeling inferior? Maybe having a decent discussion is a rarity to them too... I am not sure myself.

Either way these two who jumped the fence are sick and evil people.
    Well, everyone is very polarized, myself included at times, and instead of debating the issue, its easier to attack the person engaging in conversation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ahhdurr View Post
    Tony used to be reasonable, but he caught the Trump apparently and went way the fuck off the deep end. He's now in the shit tier with Tijuana, Orlong, and the other shit posting deplorables.

I'm pretty sure Skroe said it best but I can't find it so I'll paraphrase.

'You have the liberal posters with facts and studies and logical arguments, and you have the 'conservative side' with shitty arguments and no facts.'
    1. I didn't vote for trump, nor would i vote for him now.

2. The left is just as corrupt, just as disgusting as the most far right folks they like to vilify.

The left doesn't come with facts, they come with cherry picked data and argue from emotion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Interesting leap that you think this guy was a "great man". It's also an interesting slant on the story considering the official report is they don't know what happened beyond them being ambushed. A wall wouldn't have stopped shit, see the many tunnels for reference.
    Most law enforcement, unless they are shown to be corrupt, or engage in criminal acts, are default "great" to me.

Never said you did.
    2. The left is just as corrupt, just as disgusting as the most far right folks they like to vilify.
    Whataboutism. Glad you're one of those *laugh* independent voters.
    The left doesn't come with facts, they come with cherry picked data and argue from emotion.
    Good to know that you misrepresented the article, findings and threw out a baited question. Totally none of the above!
    Last edited by Ahhdurr; 2017-11-21 at 05:24 AM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    awww, and I thought all illegals were perfect model citizens. No, wait, they're criminals. Full stop.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

This is actually very true. Ben Shapiro always tends to put it best that Dems lean more towards feeling than fact. Conservatives tend to be more generous. There are snowflakes within Dems and Repubs but it has happened a lot where Dems manipulate with emotions just to gain popularity and "win"

Quote Originally Posted by Allybeboba View Post
    If he is anything like some people I have observed (he may or may not be, I don’t know), he may do it just to toy with some people.

Some people simply must “have the last word” in a conversation. The those types see it, if they do, they “win”. A laughable concept I know. But, it is actually true as I have done quite a bit of research on the subject. During my research, I could string some of my “subjects” along simply by responding to them by quoting them and responding with “...”. And they would say something back just to argue their point. I would respond in that way for days (in some cases weeks) to them. Yet, they just had “had to get the last word in”. From a psychological stand point, egomaniacs generally “have to get the last word in”. Now, that doesn’t necessarily mean those types are all egomaniacs. It could be just their personality type. People with arguementative personalities tend to have this issue as well. Those types tend to lean towards personal attacks and insults as well.

Enjoy your Thanksgiving week everyone.
    There's also those people who feel the need to constantly lie, then deny they were lying, and avoid it entirely. It's a shame when people are so deluded, that they are unable to admit that they are liars, even when the evidence is right there for everyone to see. Do you know anyone like that, by chance?

From a psychological standpoint, I would think that person is of below-average intelligence, desperate for attention, and seriously lacking in self esteem. It's sad that they are unable to be honest with others, as well as themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Musik-Diversity86 View Post
    This is actually very true. Ben Shapiro always tends to put it best that Dems lean more towards feeling than fact. Conservatives tend to be more generous. There are snowflakes within Dems and Repubs but it has happened a lot where Dems manipulate with emotions just to gain popularity and "win"
    Well, it's easier to identify everyone you disagree with as a Nazi, than to evaluate why your party lost an election to a giant Orange reality TV star.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's easier to identify everyone you disagree with as a Nazi, than to evaluate why your party lost an election to a giant Orange reality TV star.
    Maybe go with the candidate who energizes the base instead of the person who sucks the life out of the room. But that second one basically bought out the party, so there's that.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening