Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If you want class rebalancing then you don't want vanilla...... personally I don't get why anyone would want any rebalancing. The changes needed would be monumental and would make it just a completely different game. Why even bother making classic at all if you're just going to change it? What you are asking for is vanilla based...like chocolate chip or cookie dough...but that still ain't just vanilla. Stop ruining people's hopes and dreams for a true classic wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Can this thread be finally closed after we got ACTUAL confirmation that there will be no changes to specs?
    You didn't though, did you?
    If Blizzard thinks they can make money by balancing classic, they most likely will.

I just heard a sound. It was the sound of vanilla warriors, mages and rogues all crying. Vanilla wow balance was a joke. I get that means it's not "vanilla", but Jesus. You can't have an xpac with only 4 truely viable classes. Yes some specs were "ok". But lets be real here. Most were garbage. A bit of balance isn't the worst thing in the world.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosotti View Post
    Can this thread be finally closed after we got ACTUAL confirmation that there will be no changes to specs?
    Where is that actual confirmation?
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Blizzard will release it un-changed. Then balance specs with patches over time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by normanton View Post
    Blizzard will release it un-changed. Then balance specs with patches over time.
    Probably the smartest and most likely option. Maybe they'll even do a beta?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by superhumanj View Post
    Classes might be balanced blue confirmed https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...9242036?page=7

Updated

Linking to a poll on classic wow and how it should be handled https://goo.gl/forms/rOHYFFp6i74a8or13 make your opinion heard
    NO, they want people to discuss it so they can see what the community wants. they arnt going to be balancing classes ion allready said that.
    if you actually read the fucking post you would know they just want people to discuss it
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

You know what really needs balancing? Classic Starcraft Brood War. Siege tanks and medics are stupid, you can't even do anything as zerg until you hard tech to Lurkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Where is that actual confirmation?
    Ion Hazzikostas said "vanilla is vanilla". Ion Hazzikostas >>>>>>>> Random community manager.

I think the level of paranoia is ridiculous. Blizzard doesn't want to create a new WoW with a huge team that spends all day trying to balance it

I'm hoping that we can count on Blizzard's laziness to guide them to the path of least balancing.

Quote Originally Posted by MonsieuRoberts View Post
    Is a Ret Paladin or Feral Druid DPSing in your PvE content ruining your classic WoW experience? Jesus Christ.
    I've quietly formed the opinion many people are afraid of competition for DPS slots and/or lack of healers if they can't kick entire classes to the back row.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laqweeta View Post
    Warmane won't go anywhere.
    I'm not in the business of pirate servers, so enlighten me, please. What makes them special?

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I've quietly formed the opinion many people are afraid of competition for DPS slots and/or lack of healers if they can't kick entire classes to the back row.
    Shrug, it's nothing to do with that. And no classes are being kicked to the back row, just specs (which happens in modern WoW, did you ever try playing arcane or vengeance DH in mythic nighthold?). I'm just concerned that Blizzard will get balancing terribly wrong if they attempt it, and will make the experience worse as a result. Because as much as you think specs can be tuned in a vacuum it affects all gameplay once you start to change them.

Although you do need a ton of healers. Most first kills in Naxxramas had 14-16 in a 40-man raid. That's a lot more than people are used to.

Also, to be honest, a slight increase to Ret or Feral damage doesn't scare me. But removing the debuff cap? That completely throws off everything. And it's mostly the debuff cap that's holding back feral dps.
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2017-11-21 at 08:46 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rootbeerboy View Post
    Good I hope they drive all the purists away from vanilla 2.0 and make the game really good. I'll drop live probably. BFA and no tier sets is questionable
    But thankfully in Vanilla you will more interesting tier bonuses such as +14 crit and +28 crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    But thankfully in Vanilla you will more interesting tier bonuses such as +14 crit and +28 crit.
    Vanilla had some interesting (and some bizzare, look at the Temple of Ahn'qiraj sets) bonuses.

Well, there goes any hope that they might've made Vanilla into a good game. SHM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Vanilla had some interesting (and some bizzare, look at the Temple of Ahn'qiraj sets) bonuses.
    I can never look at those. They scarred me for life. Who designed those shoulder pieces?

But I digress, I just listed some of the more mundane T1 bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bambs View Post
    I can never look at those. They scarred me for life. Who designed those shoulder pieces?

But I digress, I just listed some of the more mundane T1 bonuses.
    If you're looking at live, a lot of the set bonuses were changed over the years with various stat revamps to not actually resemble their original forms. There was no such thing as crit rating in vanilla.

You know what really needs balancing? Classic Starcraft Brood War. Siege tanks and medics are stupid, you can't even do anything as zerg until you hard tech to Lurkers.
    I always loved the sound Lurkers make when Siege Tanks blast them into protoplasm.

- - - Updated - - -

Shrug, it's nothing to do with that. And no classes are being kicked to the back row, just specs (which happens in modern WoW, did you ever try playing arcane or vengeance DH in mythic nighthold?). I'm just concerned that Blizzard will get balancing terribly wrong if they attempt it, and will make the experience worse as a result. Because as much as you think specs can be tuned in a vacuum it affects all gameplay once you start to change them.

Although you do need a ton of healers. Most first kills in Naxxramas had 14-16 in a 40-man raid. That's a lot more than people are used to.

Also, to be honest, a slight increase to Ret or Feral damage doesn't scare me. But removing the debuff cap? That completely throws off everything. And it's mostly the debuff cap that's holding back feral dps.
    The point is, if only one spec is raid viable, then the entire class is forced to play that to raid. And for the classes being debated, that is in the back row in Vanilla-as-it-was.

Also, you may not be scared of a slight increase, but apparently others are. Myself, I'm not advocating for more than that. I also think there should be a debuff limit, although probably the higher one (as I recall, it was doubled within Vanilla).

Quote Originally Posted by Flarelaine View Post
    I always loved the sound Lurkers make when Siege Tanks blast them into protoplasm.

- - - Updated - - -

The point is, if only one spec is raid viable, then the entire class is forced to play that to raid. And for the classes being debated, that is in the back row in Vanilla-as-it-was.

Also, you may not be scared of a slight increase, but apparently others are. Myself, I'm not advocating for more than that. I also think there should be a debuff limit, although probably the higher one (as I recall, it was doubled within Vanilla).
    Yes, if you want to raid. What if you don't? Tell me, for example, how do you propose to make balance druids "competitive" in raids while not making them even bigger overkill in PvP? It's amazing what post WoTLK era did to players so that they can't see anything past raids. Raids is everything, the rest of the game is nothing and can crumble into dust because someone wants to DPS as a balance druid in Molten Core and too cheap to pay for respec.
    Last edited by Wiedzemir; 2017-11-21 at 09:37 AM.

I personally think its fair to have a discussion about classes/specs in Classic
    I'm not suggesting we make huge changes or even small changes at all for that matter, but that it is a worthwhile conversation to have.
    It doesn't sound like a confirmation as much as it sounds like let's keep it civil...
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.